accelerometer failed
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dor16
lvl.1

Israel

Today after 4 weeks , i crash my dji phantom 3 standard into tree and after that in the ground .
The phantom body is still perfect the plastic okay ,but when i power on the phantom i can not fly , he show _ accelerometer failed , and i read here in the forum and i understand there are two option : to smack the drone and to wish that work , or
To open the drone and take care of it - i choose this way , but what exactly i need to do ?
Please some help
2016-3-24
Use props
ArcticM39
lvl.2

United States

Are you familiar with intricate electronic repair work?
How about the 3rd option - Call nearest DJI customer support and ask to ship the crashed/damaged drone in for repair.
2016-3-24
Use props
Dor16
lvl.1

Israel

i am think that i will not take the 3rd option because they are not very near to me , (i need to drive about 2 or 3 hours ) and they dont accept shippment , they want that i will come with the product .
and i understand that the second option is not so Problematic , i need to open the phantom (to open some screws ) and then to push out the black box with Tweezers or something like that , to give the black box some small beat on each side and to push the box in again , and to check the phantom . i am right ?
2016-3-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

If you know which side hit the tree, you can sometimes "unstick" the accelerometer by smacking it from the opposite side.  I'd try a sharp medium hit on the opposite side from where it hit and see if that brings it back.  If/when it does, be sure to do a fresh cold IMU calibration, followed by gimbal calibration.  While you're at it, calibrate the compass before you fly next.
2016-3-25
Use props
Dor16
lvl.1

Israel

if i dont know the side , its okay to smash it in all the sides ?
2016-3-25
Use props
Dor16
lvl.1

Israel

Its clearly work ?
2016-3-26
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

Check out this thread before you do anything.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-19612-1-1.html

Also use the search function here on the site and put in the word   accelerometer

It will give numerous threads of what other people have done.

Mike
2016-3-26
Use props
rasit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386089 ft

Dor16 Posted at 2016-3-25 22:40
if i dont know the side , its okay to smash it in all the sides ?

Yeah that will do it. Please send before and after pics.
2016-3-26
Use props
Dor16
lvl.1

Israel

rasit Posted at 2016-3-26 23:49
Yeah that will do it. Please send before and after pics.

it will take me time until i get all the tools my freind but when i get the tools and start to work i promise to send pic
2016-3-27
Use props
motomikeycox.net
New
Flight distance : 56168 ft
United States

I took my Phantom 3 apart took the accelerator meter out inspected it reinstalled it I still get the same code accelerator meter failed any ideas what to do next
2020-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules