Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO and IOS 9.3
12Next >
14616 54 2016-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reffi
New

Denmark

Hi there.

I just updatet my phone to ISO 9.3. And now the DJI go will not access the Phantom 3. In the app it just says, how to connect instead of the green connect. Why i look under accessories in the phone it has registered that the controller is plugged in. But the app don't realize it.

I works fine on other phones that do not have ios 9.3.

I have tried:
Downloading the app again
Restarting phone.
Turning on and off all phantom gear.

Do anyone have a solution to this?

Thank you

Peter

2016-3-24
Use props
steve.salter
New

United Kingdom

Same issue here with my ipad mini 4.. No one has a clue though.. If you get an answer, will you let me know please?
2016-3-25
Use props
jonathan.onebtc
lvl.1

United States

I was running iOS beta 3 latest version and had no issues running any of the software. I was on a iPhone 6s PLUS
2016-3-25
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Works fine for me, iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.3
2016-3-25
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

^^^^^^
Same
2016-3-25
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-25
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Yeas fine for me too. Uninstall the go app and reinstall it. Might help ;) I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus
2016-3-26
Use props
Paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4596 ft
Canada

I am having the same problem with an iPad Mini 4 running iOS 9.3.  The Go app does not see the connection to the controller.

I can connect using an iPad Mini 2 and an iPhone 6s+, both running iOS 9.3.

DJI...please help!

**EDIT and update.  I downloaded and reinstalled iOS 9.3 on my iPad Mini 4 through iTunes.  This fixed the problem.  I had done the original iOS 9.3 update OTA.

2016-3-26
Use props
Buzz Lightyear
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Working fine here....

Ipad mini 4 on ios 9.3, Phantom and controller on the latest firmware.  
2016-3-26
Use props
water_0106
Banned

Singapore

2016-3-26
Use props
steve.salter
New

United Kingdom

Update :- After reading Pauls post above, I reset my ipad 4 mini via itunes and installed the IOS again. It now works fine.. Thanks Paul.
2016-3-27
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

I would advise people to do a factory full reset after all major firmware updates to any device.
2016-3-27
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

+5 Same problem..., but I never updated IOS.
Cables are fine. Latest version of GO app.
Can start engines, and fly. DJI GO will not connect.

P3P
iPad Air 2
IOS 9.2.1

Will try resetting iPad and post outcome.
2016-3-27
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

just upgraded my iPhone 6s + to the latest iOS 9.3 so will let you know how it goes...
2016-3-28
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sorry op but mine just connected really fast better than normal even ;) maybe try a reinstall of the go app? if you haven't tried that. I sometimes force close the app by double clicking the home button then swipe the app up to close it until it works if i ever get connection issues. That has always worked for me on the odd times it does that.
2016-3-28
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Paul@siess.ca Posted at 2016-3-27 00:15
I am having the same problem with an iPad Mini 4 running iOS 9.3.  The Go app does not see the conne ...

Yes, this worked. Thank you.
2016-3-28
Use props
Saint74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361568 ft
Poland

I'm also having connection problem on my iPhone 6S+ and IOS 9.3. I do not want to do factory rest because it is taking too much time. Is there any other solution? DJI go app its just showing "How to connect" info. Please help.
2016-3-29
Use props
teee
New
Australia

HI also having the same problem.

I reformatted my iPhone 6s because it wasn't running so well.

Now the drone isn't working AFTER i reinstalled iOS9.3.

I also attempted to reinstall the firmware on the P3P but it won't update it as the text file says it is the same version that's already on there and has no need to update!

Any ideas what's going on? Or should i reinstall my phone again?
2016-3-30
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

UPDATE!
The problem has returned.., however I am no longer stuck on "How to connect".
I can fly the drone, and even tilt the camera.., just no video on screen.., or any data at all as if not connected.
Cables seem fine, no crashes. Just noticed this after Apple released new firmware.., I still have not updated to IOS 9.3 but suddenly have the same issue.
Is it possible to download an older version of DJI GO?

-P3P (not latest firmware)
-DJII GO 2.7.1 (newest)
-iPad Air 2
-IOS 9.2.1

2016-3-30
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Just tried opening DJI GO app without actually plugging into the Remote Controller.., and still get the same screen above. Regardless of not being plugged in.., and the P3P and RC are both OFF.
However when I choose any other drone, I get a "How to connect" button.
2016-3-31
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Just tried opening DJI GO app without actually plugging into the Remote Controller.., and still get the same screen above. Regardless of not being plugged in.., and the P3P and RC are both OFF.
However when I choose any other drone, I get a "How to connect" button.

Accidental double post. Please delete.
2016-3-31
Use props
teee
New
Australia

I am also having the "How to connect" button, that obviously should be the camera.

I'm probably completely wrong but there might need to be a new firmware update with the new iOS 9.3 release?

Hope i can get flying again soon!
2016-3-31
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Is this thread being ignored by DJI forum members? Has the P4 already taken priority?

Is there any way to download older versions of DJI GO?
Are there any other free apps that can be used for Apple? (Litchi beta?)

It's been almost a week since the issue started, and no word from any DJI forum mods.
I have had to reschedule 2 real estate drone shoots because of this issue.Can we please communicate and work together to sort out this issue.., or at least find a temporary alternative.

Don't make me click the "Phantom 4" forum, and chase you guys down with "off-topic" questions in the hopes of just getting a reply of any kind.
2016-3-31
Use props
teee
New
Australia

Hey everyone, i have just updated to the new iOS 9.3.1and all systems are go!

I updated through iTunes, the last time i updated the iPhone was through the phone itself which might have cased an issue.

Having said that a few of you are using Android/Tablets so i can't offer any help there sorry.

It's important to note that i had tried every other method suggested previously and nothing seemed to work so hopefully this will be fixed for everyone on iPhone.

iPhone 6s
iOS 9.3.1
Phantom 3 Professional
2016-3-31
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

teee Posted at 2016-4-1 09:42

I updated through iTu ...

Thank you for your efforts Teee.
I will try this.
2016-3-31
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

teee Posted at 2016-4-1 12:42

I updated through iTu ...

This didn't work for me. I updated my iPad to IOS 9.3.1 and still the same issue.
2016-4-1
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

stalked-buddha Posted at 2016-3-26 16:47
No issues here either with iOS 9.3 on the iPad mini 2 or with the iPhone 5 which actually does work  ...

Can't actually get the aircraft to connect to the GO App.
2016-4-1
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

2016-4-1
Use props
teee
New
Dominican Republic

Kit, try backing up your ipad, restoring it as a blank phone with the latest iOS and then restore your latest back up.

Hopefully it will wipe any old install files that might be causing some issues. Just a guess though.
2016-4-1
Use props
edcarold
lvl.1

Canada

I have this issue still. I upgraded to iOS 9.3.1. Still I can't connect. I ordered the upgraded HDMI output port thinking that the USB port is broken. I'm thinking that it is cheaper and faster to get a port then send the controller for repairs. Hopefully this works. The part comes Friday.
2016-4-2
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

2016-4-2
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

teee Posted at 2016-4-2 10:05
Kit, try backing up your ipad, restoring it as a blank phone with the latest iOS and then restore yo ...

Thanks Teee. This is my first apple device, so I'm still learning the layout. I think I did a basic reset the first 2 times, and that's when it actually worked again. That was keeping IOS 9.2.1

I think I did a full reset this last time, and now updated to 9.3.1 but no luck connecting. I'm now back to "How to connect".

I don't have the latest firmware for my drone, so I'll try that today.
2016-4-2
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Just tried using a friends iPhone 6 with DJI GO. Not working there either.
So I had the problem regardless of IOS version... I'm thinking DJI GO might not like the Phantom 3 firmware I'm using.
2016-4-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Just did the upgrade on my iPad Mini 2 and both 9.3 and 9.31 work without problem.  After upgrading the iPad, it wanted to upgrade the RC, so I did that too.  Now 1.5.8.  Still working.
2016-4-2
Use props
teee
New
Dominican Republic

Kit, it sounds like you've exhausted all suggestions, sucks you still haven't got it going!

Maybe i could suggest starting from scratch? Like you said loading on the new firmware to the phantom, and like it says don't worry about connecting the iPhone to the controller when updating the control (the old way - plugging it into the drone after you've updated the drone.)

I'm pretty sure you can update the remote through the DJI Go App itself, however let's just say that the problem might be the remote isn't the right version. You can make sure you've updated each part successfully by looking at the text file on the SD card in your computer. Follow the install instructions carefully, maybe the remote isn't updating properly?

Backup your iPad, reset it, set it up as a new device again, and then restore your last backup. If the SD card doesn't have any fails or abort messages in the text file i have no idea what could be going on sorry! Good luck!
2016-4-2
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

teee Posted at 2016-4-3 10:09
Kit, it sounds like you've exhausted all suggestions, sucks you still haven't got it going!

Maybe i ...

Thanks Teee. I have everything updated now, and still no luck.
It's exactly the same as when I had IOS 9.2.1 and P3 Firmware 1.6.4

DJI GO connected to the aircraft 3 times, with video and telemetry etc. It flies perfectly for a whole battery.

It connected twice before updating firmwares, and once just today after fully updating.., so there's no consistency.
I may have a different problem to this thread.., it may have been a coincidence that it happened at the same time.

I have taken the camera and gimbal off my drone to check over everything. It sounds like a loose cable or something, but they look fine, and are connected tightly.

I'm wondering if DJI GO will connect to the aircraft without the camera/gimbal attached. If so.., I would prefer to leave it off, just to eliminate another variable.

One thing I have yet to try since updating FW is a full factory reset on my ipad.., as I'm already over my data limit. Can you tell me if I am choosing the correct setting to do a full reset?
I chose 'Erase all content and settings'

Anyway, thanks for your help. I may have to create another thread.

2016-4-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got notification just a few hours ago about an update to 9.3.1 to resolve issues. Whether it will make any difference to your problem I do not know, but worth a try perhaps.
2016-4-3
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Problem solved for me. I didn't need to do another factory reset.

Regardless of P3 firmware.., or IOS version.., the new DJI GO app would not connect to the aircraft.
After updating my (Inspire) transmitter, I have no problems.
Follow my posts in this thread for the process. I had older firmware for Ipad, P3P and RC transmiter.., except for the latest DJI GO app.I updatd everything with no luck. Updating the RC was the solution.

Thanks to all the users who helped out.., and a big eff you to DJI support for not even acknowledging a problem or attempting to communicate.

2016-4-4
Use props
teee
New
Australia

Hi Kit, glad you got that sorted sorry i didn't get back in time!

Yeah honestly, thinking the same thing.

From my experience thus far, to be expected!
2016-4-6
Use props
Bin Farteen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174272 ft
United States

Hello everyone.
It took me a while to figure this out but the only way for me to resolve the issue is to wipe clean my iPhone 6, and most importantly, don't wipe it via the phone.  You have to do it via iTune and wipe your phone that way.  For some reason, it clears everything.
After I did that, I downloaded the DJI Go App and everything worked fine.
That's not my preferred method but that was the only way for me to make my Go App works again.
Hope this helps
2016-4-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules