WARNING TO ALL DJI CUSTOMERS
5149 63 2016-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcphipps900
lvl.3

Sajid Shah Posted at 2016-3-26 22:39
gearbest 90% products are fake i means China made with low quality

Ummmmm. DJI Backpack is made in China too.
2016-3-26
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

flormo2002@yaho Posted at 2016-3-26 21:38
I can't believe How upset you are over something as trivial as this. If you complain about somethi ...

Amazing.
I will send the super glue if he can't find any.
2016-3-26
Use props
Sajid Shah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-3-27 10:23
Ummmmm. DJI Backpack is made in China too.

Yup DJI All Production is done in China .. even Many Chines Sellers are selling DJI Drones on eBay and Ali express ..
2016-3-27
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

You people don't understand, a few of the white rubber pieces are torn or stretched out so they can't be glued back in as you say, the whole point of my post is to let people know of their policy not to warranty accessories and who knows what else unless its bought directly from them, so next time you try and save a buck or two, you too may be told by DJI that its too bad like this below.

"I am very sorry. We are unable to assist as the backpack was not purchased from us . I do apologize for the inconvenient news. "
2016-3-27
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.2

flormo2002@yaho Posted at 2016-3-25 21:19
Well, I don't own the DJI backpack but while I was shopping at my local Micro Center, they had both  ...

Flormo2002,

Exactly that's why Im letting people know how inferior the quality is with their case, a quality company would step right up and take care of a customer problem and replace the defective parts, I'm not asking for my money back or to exchange the case, just send replacement feet.
2016-3-27
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.2

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-3-26 09:32
I have the same case and have had it for 4 months now, It is still in perfect condition. It all de ...

Rob,

the damage happened on the first 2 hours of a trip, I put it in the overhead compartment on the plane, unfortunately the flight attendant dragged it around in the compartment to make room for more luggage since I was one of the first people on the plane, and when I got inside the terminal after getting off the plane, thats when I noticed the damage, look at some people who have had their cases for almost a year, the feet are all scuffed to hell but the white rubber insert is still intact in the center.
2016-3-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-25 20:43
I see, I thought the feet were coming off from the shell.
The inner strip looks torn on one of the ...

Is that hardshell backpack with the drone on the logo instead of DJI branding, are those truly nock offs?
As they seem to be problematic in several areas, lots of complaints in all the drone forums about the cheap, imitation hardshell case, that has the drone pictured above.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-28 09:02
Is that hardshell backpack with the drone on the logo instead of DJI branding, are those truly noc ...

I have the original DJI backpack and mine has the drone logo. I bought it form a dealer long ago so I think it's OEM. But on the photo that the person posted I saw that his back pack had ribs on the sides and mine and the OEM does not. So he has a fake from what I can see.
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Here is a AirShou screen capture of a 5000m flight. It has been edited for time. Note that when the Phantom reaches over 5000m the RTH point is well behind the the battery's remain capacity. This required returning in Sport mode. The craft did make it back but did not catch up to the RTH point until about 500m from the HP.

2016-3-27
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-28 12:42
Here is a AirShou screen capture of a 5000m flight. It has been edited for time. Note that when the  ...

Impressive, is that FCC or CE .
I comfortably got 3km from the P3 in perfect conditions, but have recently added the DBS mod to the P3 which has allowed me the same range in less than ideal conditions.
I have not pushed the P4 out too far yet, I'm still a bit nervous with my new baby{:3_59:}
2016-3-27
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

So the case went into the overhead, intact.  When the case was returned after being handled by the aircrew, it was damaged.  Don't you think you have more of an issue with the airline handling it, rather than a warranty matter regarding durability and construction?
2016-3-27
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2

I have the DJI Hardshell Backpack that I purchased directly from DJI and mine is in perfect condition. I hate it when people like this nrechtman guy try and come in here and whine and cry because he didn't take care of his equipment. Like someone else said, fix it yourself or get over it. Geez.
2016-3-27
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

nrechtman Posted at 2016-3-28 11:32
Rob,

the damage happened on the first 2 hours of a trip, I put it in the overhead compartment on  ...

Airline crew:@, does travel or flight insurance not cover damage to baggage?

2016-3-28
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-28
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-25 09:29
I'm sorry that you had an issue with it. I have not heard of any back pack complaints before.
I've  ...

Hello DJI-Ken   I just had my zenmuse gh4 gimbal returned from repair and I have to say that absolutely nothing was done.   Not only I paid almost 200$ to ship the gimbal insured and express to DJI US but the tech dept completely failed to fix it.   

My item was shipped on a thurs from Quebec Canada and got to your repair center on Monday and thurs of Friday I got an email from DJI saying that my Gimbal was being shipped back and that it had been repaired.   I called DJI US and spoke to someone and asked what was done to repair and they told me that it had to be updated.   Now keep in mind that the problem that I was having was that my GH4 Gimbal was getting stuck in certain points when moving the gimbal on its tilt and roll axis.  When I moved the gimbal without power to check it all axis were moving smoothly I can sometimes feel resistance and can hear a grinding sound if I put my ear close to the motors while moving the axis.   This would not be fixed by an update!

I have clients that I was supposed to do work for this week since I was told that my gimbal was fixed.   

Now what do I do?  
2016-3-28
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-26 23:32
I can tell you that back pack may be that price because it is NOT a DJI back pack.

Right, it's not a DJI backpack in my picture of the eBay ad showing a case that looks exactly as yours, but it probably holds up better than the DJI case and it's only $48, not the $144 I spent on the DJI case which now looks like crap and has no warranty. And probably came out of the same Chinese factory.
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-29 06:02
Hello DJI-Ken   I just had my zenmuse gh4 gimbal returned from repair and I have to say that absol ...

I am sorry, what is your ticket number and I will pass it to a supervisor.
2016-3-29
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

I mean to be fair,  I buy a lot of stuff off amazon, and eBay, but I never expect to receive a manufacturers warranty on said items unless explicitly stated.  You bought off of Amazon instead of DJI or directly through an authorized dealer to save 6$ (maybe 15$ counting shipping etc.)   I'm not faulting you for doing that, but this is the price you pay to save a few bucks.  It was 144$ lesson, be glad that it wasn't a big ticket item you had this happen on. Most people after experiencing this once or twice,  avoid making the mistake in the future.  You instead carried on a week long whinefest about how DJI is not doing the right thing here.  Now that you have gotten it off your chest,  hopefully you realize that instead of "This is DJI's fault for not meeting my demands"   it is actually closer to "I went the wrong route to save 6$ and it bit me in the ass this time. Lesson learned".
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

nrechtman Posted at 2016-3-29 23:24
Right, it's not a DJI backpack in my picture of the eBay ad showing a case that looks exactly as yo ...

I at least spoke to a supervisor to try and help you out. They suggested taking it to a luggage shop to see if they can reattach the cosmetic strips. But more than that they suggested that since the airline broke it, have it repaired and ask them to pay the bill.
You say that the airline damaged the back pack by how they tried to make it fit in the overhead compartment and they broke the cosmetic strips off.
It's kind of like if you took your huge truck to the car wash and the machines broke your mirror off because it stuck out too far. Would you ask the car wash to repair your mirror of would you call the car dealer and say you want them to replace the mirror because there was too much force applied to it at the car wash and it broke off.
Anyways,
2016-3-29
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-29 12:50
I am sorry, what is your ticket number and I will pass it to a supervisor.

my RMA number was 0318201661999270816     
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-30 01:16
my RMA number was 0318201661999270816

Ok thanks, I've forwarded it to a supervisor.Also, can you please start a new thread since this thread is about the OP's back pack.

2016-3-29
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-29 13:31
Ok thanks, I've forwarded it to a supervisor.Also, can you please start a new thread since this thr ...

will do.  Will call it Zenmuse Gh4 issues.
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-30 01:43
will do.  Will call it Zenmuse Gh4 issues.

Ok, thanks.
2016-3-29
Use props
hgtz92
lvl.1

United States

All I see is a whiner. Your backpack still protects your phantom and your whining about some white gripping rubber that came off. i honestly dont see the issue here as your backpack is still 100% functional.
2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules