Phantom 4 EXTREMELY wobbly - DJI plz help, thx
889 6 2016-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

Hi -

Just got my phantom 4, haven't been able to try it out the last couple days just because it's been raining a lot. Had a few minutes break today when it stopped raining.

Did test the active track, which I admit is cool.

But MAJOR thing - the image stabalization is EXTREMELY wobbly. With my Phantom 3 - I could take a picture of myself/video - and I am center frame for as long as I keep the phantom there. With this - it looks like someone with a really shaky hand is trying to video tape me.

Do you have any fixes for this?

2016-3-24
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

When you hover can you see the gimble shaking? Or any vibrations like out of balance props?
2016-3-24
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

No - the machine itself goes UP down UP down UP down.

The phantom 3 tends to hover in the same place ('maybe' goes up 1 inch) - where as this (the Phantom 4) will go up/down 5-6 inches, then go left/right 5-6 inches, obviously making for a very wierd looking picture/video...
2016-3-24
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Have you calibrated the IMU and then done a compass calc?

Done the latest firmware also
2016-3-24
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345092 ft
  • >>>
United States

Others are reporting this same problem on this forum.

See video of example: https://vid.me/55fd

I have not seen why it does that, but it looks really bad.
2016-3-24
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

No - I didn't calibrate. I will have to wait until it stops raining to try that. If that is it - since DJI has a very nice new interface ('tutorials') - they might consider adding that as one of the things to do. I read the entire manual and don't recall seeing anything about doing that explicitly (as well - it was a little difficult to find in the menu system).

Thanks.
2016-3-24
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Beau Posted at 2016-3-24 19:35
Others are reporting this same problem on this forum.

See video of example: https://vid.me/55fd

Yes but not continues up and down just once as it stop from move forward, I would say calibrate if it's moving all the time.

My P4 just moves on stopping but I've had my P3 move all over the place with a bad compose cal
2016-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules