123Next >
77148 92 2015-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steve
New

Sweden

Hi.
I connect to my drone with my phone(tried 2 different phones) and i only get a black screen. There is no live stream from the drones camera.

The camera works but the stream does not work.
I can film and take pictures. Need to see them on my PC afterwards when i plug the memory in.
So no live stream, camera works but i cant se what im filming or photographing live.
Just a black screen on my android device.
On the iphone i borrowed there were a "loading" symbol on the screen.
I have let the app try to load the video for at least 20 minuts on each phone without any luck.

Another problem that im having is that the software that you provided does not seem to notice the phantom after i have plugged it into my pc. This worked until quite recently as well as the streaming worked until quite recently.

I have emailed you guys 3 times without any answer, im hoping that you will answer here at least.

I need help to fix this.

2015-1-11
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Steve, you need to be more specific about which model Phantom and phone you have.  Same with the computer, MAC or PC?

Are you connecting the USB into the Phantom, powering on the remote control, powering on the Phantom and THEN opening the vision assistant?  

Details!
2015-1-11
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

China

Like gil said you should provide more details for us.
About the black screen issue my fist suggestion is to rebind your camera to the Phantom.
If it dose not help, I would suppose a bad wifi module.
2015-1-11
Use props
steve
New

Sweden

Sorry for not filling in all the information.

DJI Phantom 2 vision +

PC computer.

Rebind camera to the phantom? What do you mean with rebind?
2015-1-17
Use props
steve
New

Sweden

I can send commands to the phantom to take pictures and videos.
2015-1-17
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

steve@widinghof Posted at 2015-1-18 02:11
Sorry for not filling in all the information.

DJI Phantom 2 vision +

Here is a video on binding your range extender with your camera

2015-1-17
Use props
steve
New

Sweden

Thanks.
I tried that but it did not fix the problem.

I had an accident a while ago and i sent the camera in for repair. Dunno if i got a new one or if they repaired my camera.

I tested the camera when i got it back and it worked. Could stream without any problem.

Dont know if its related or relevant but. I think i downloaded the newest version of the dji android app and the next time i were going for a flight it did not stream.
2015-1-18
Use props
santiagogaye
New

Uruguay

hello
I have the same problem of steve with  my phantom 2 vision plus. when I connect the wifi and after the app "DJI Vision"  to my iphone 5S ios7 and on my iphone 6 ios8 I can see all the info but the live video stream doesn't connect, I only see the black screen with the circle in the middle trying to connect.

If I take pictures or make videos, it work, but the stream isnt work, I cant see live video when flying.   I tried to solve reseting the wifi range extender, Binding reading the QR code and re installing the app on my mobile and nothing works

Already contacted the support and there is their reply (of course i tried all and doesnt work) these is the answer
Please review these troubleshooting steps to fix the issue that you are having.
1) Ensure your phone is in "Airplane Mode."
2) Turn on your Phantom 2 Vision +, WiFi and remote.
3) Hard reset your WiFi range extender by pressing the small button until your system light flicks off and then back on.
4) Connect your phone to the Phantom WiFi range extender.
5) Open your Vision App, go to "Settings," then select "General," then "Binding."
6) Please scan the QR code to rebind your drone.
Once you have completed the rebinding, please check that the following are in place:
*Ensure that you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware.
*Ensure that you are operating your mobile device in airplane mode with all data off (WiFi on).
*Ensure that your mobile device has been updated to the latest software.
*Ensure that you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
*Check the free space on your mobile device, we recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing the issue.
*Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.

*Reduce the preview frame-rate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.

There is any one with the same problem that finded solution ???  thanks
thanks
2015-1-18
Use props
leo.levit.email
New

Sweden

Dear DJI
please acnowlige that a lot of your customers including me have the same problem.
Just fing the issue and stop asking for more details like model or serial, i think you have enough data as fist posts with the same issue as from 2013.
just let us know what the problem is and how to solve

2015-1-21
Use props
steve.email
New

Sweden

If this really is a WIFI module problem i would like to know how i can get a new one?
And what i can do to not get this problem in the future.
2015-1-22
Use props
crosati73.email
New

Canada

Try This!
Open the DJI app and click on "settings", then click on "preview quality" and set it to "320x240x15fps". That should do it.
2015-1-22
Use props
santiagogaye.em
New

Uruguay

hello
im resending my answer, becouse i have no replys, can anyone confirm if you can view my post, and if is posible help me

hello
I have the same problem of steve with  my phantom 2 vision plus. when I connect the wifi and after the app "DJI Vision"  to my iphone 5S ios7 and on my iphone 6 ios8 I can see all the info but the live video stream doesn't connect, I only see the black screen with the circle in the middle trying to connect.

If I take pictures or make videos, it work, but the stream isnt work, I cant see live video when flying.   I tried to solve reseting the wifi range extender, Binding reading the QR code and re installing the app on my mobile and nothing works

Already contacted the support and there is their reply (of course i tried all and doesnt work) these is the answer
Please review these troubleshooting steps to fix the issue that you are having.
1) Ensure your phone is in "Airplane Mode."
2) Turn on your Phantom 2 Vision +, WiFi and remote.
3) Hard reset your WiFi range extender by pressing the small button until your system light flicks off and then back on.
4) Connect your phone to the Phantom WiFi range extender.
5) Open your Vision App, go to "Settings," then select "General," then "Binding."
6) Please scan the QR code to rebind your drone.
Once you have completed the rebinding, please check that the following are in place:
*Ensure that you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware.
*Ensure that you are operating your mobile device in airplane mode with all data off (WiFi on).
*Ensure that your mobile device has been updated to the latest software.
*Ensure that you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
*Check the free space on your mobile device, we recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing the issue.
*Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.

*Reduce the preview frame-rate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.

There is any one with the same problem that finded solution ???  thanks
thanks
2015-1-30
Use props
steply.hotmail
lvl.1

United States

This is my exact problem too -- Vision2+ running all the latest firmware and app on iPhone 6+ (164 gig with 30 gigs free space, so it's not a memory thing)...  Camera "works" (I can take pictures and videos, and I can even transfer them to my phone wirelessly via the app), but I just can't get a live feed -- I have a black screen with a little "trying to load" circle thingy spinning. I can still fly and control the gimbal with the app, but I'm still flying "blind" because I get no live feed. I think it was the latest iPhone app (that came out a week ago) that broke this, because everything worked great prior to that.   And I even tried the "binding" procedure -- while it "blinded" just fine, it did not fix the live feed...   Boooooo!!!!!
2015-1-30
Use props
mkcross.comcast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3871 ft
United States

Same problem here with no live video stream.
V2+ with all the latest updates, and iPhone 6.
Tried all the solutions listed above, with no resolution.
Just got off the phone with DJI Tech Support,
They said that before anything else, wait for a new iPhone app update to come out.
They are aware of issues with the 1.0.46 iphone app release and are working on a fix.
2015-1-30
Use props
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

I lose live feed a bit, as well. Sometimes the picture freezes. I usually restart my iPhone or even delete and reinstall the app. Always seems to do the trick.
2015-1-31
Use props
steply.hotmail
lvl.1

United States

It's not a problem with "losing" the live feed -- I just can't get the live feed at all.  Just a black screen with a spinny "loading" icon.  I performed all the steps recommended (and reduced picture preview quality to 320x240 15fps, but still no luck.  If it's a bad wi-fi module, can we get a replacement without mailing in the entire drone!?!
2015-2-1
Use props
lymace
New

French Polynesia

Hi
I think i have same problem
I'm french polynesian and i will try to explain my problem in english.
Well, I have a problem with my video between my ipad and P2V+ (no video)
I see in the forum the problem is the wifi signal transmission module is out.
I buy a new and replace (PV646105405)
Now I have :
- Wifi signal is good
- Connection between ipad and P2V+ is OK
- Camera can move (tilt is ok)
- Telemetrie is OK
- Video and picture is OK

But few minutes later the video freeze and icon appears in the center of my screen (loading),
I see in you tube some people have the same problem, but they don't know why and don't have solution.

I Hope somebody can help me.
Thank you.
2015-2-5
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51243 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

lymace Posted at 2015-2-6 13:17
Hi
I think i have same problem
I'm french polynesian and i will try to explain my problem in english ...

Please try to rebind  the Phantom 2 Vision+ and Range Extender .
2015-2-6
Use props
realmelby.me
New

Germany

i have the same issue, p2 v+. not the v3 version.
tried almost everything. rebound it. also installed another gimbal in case it would be the camera. no luck yet.

it worked only once more, when i flew at around zero degrees in the morning.
guess its the wifi module that got too hot. i ordered a new one and will install it. hopefully it will work again.
2015-2-6
Use props
mkcross.comcast
lvl.2
United States

mkcross.comcast Posted at 2015-1-31 05:23
Same problem here with no live video stream.
V2+ with all the latest updates, and iPhone 6.
Tried al ...

Just updated the iPhone Vision App to 1.0.48 dated 2/6/15.
Live video feed is working again.
Hope this works for the rest of you.
2015-2-6
Use props
patrick.lifewrx
New
United States

I'm having the same issues -
Updated to iPhone App 1.0.48 on 2/6/15 but still have the same problem.
I've tried all other solutions offered here, looks like an RMA might be the only option left.
2015-2-6
Use props
mkcross.comcast
lvl.2
United States

mkcross.comcast Posted at 2015-2-6 23:31
Just updated the iPhone Vision App to 1.0.48 dated 2/6/15.
Live video feed is working again.
Hope  ...

Well, I spoke to soon.
Lost video feed again.
2015-2-6
Use props
lymace
New

French Polynesia

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-2-6 20:57
Please try to rebind  the Phantom 2 Vision+ and Range Extender .

Thank you for your help.
I rebind P2V+ and range extender (reset, scan the new QR code of the wifi signal transmission module...)
It's OK, the video live work on my ipad but just few minutes and i have the loading icons on the center of screen.
So, I try something with my P2V+.
I remove the top shell (GPS system always connect) and put my P2V+ under my air conditioner for refresh
the wifi transmission module and connect my ipad to the P2V+. Well the video live don't freeze.
So, I think when the module is too hot, the video live stop, now why the module heat and stop the wifi signal?
Yet the module is new, i don,t understand?

2015-2-7
Use props
realmelby.me
New

Germany

maybe this will help.
2015-2-7
Use props
lymace
New

French Polynesia

realmelby.me Posted at 2015-2-8 02:18
maybe this will help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na9iwUvufOk

Why not.
I will take you updated... Thanks again
2015-2-7
Use props
realmelby.me
New

Germany

finally i got my video image back from the camera. it was the wifi module. the new one works... but im concerned that it will fail anytime in the future. it feels really hot. i will try to add better heatsink onto it.
so this seems to be a heat problem with the wifi module. and i see more threads like this popping out in other forums as well.

does anyone know if i can send the broken wifi module to dji, not the complete phantom? basically it still has guarantee.
2015-2-9
Use props
mclemj
New

United Kingdom

lymace Posted at 2015-2-7 17:11
Thank you for your help.
I rebind P2V+ and range extender (reset, scan the new QR code of the wifi ...

I am continually getting the same issue. I have updated all my software to the latest versions. I have an iPhone6 and the newest Phantom2 Vision+ (Ordered directly from DJI in February). My streaming video has worked only once in about 20 flights and that was for about 2 minutes. All other functions in the app seem to work fine except repairing the wifi module using the camera to scan the code. I end up having to type in the code manually. I have tried every fix listed in this forum and nothing has worked.
2015-3-27
Use props
Steven
lvl.1

Italy

To me sometimes happens that i loose video too mostly after took raw pictures, or when the bird is over me, to get it back generally is enough to move the wifi transmitter on the radio...
2015-3-27
Use props
sdsmorales
New

Uruguay

Same problem, the loading thing in the middle of the screen, no live feed. Tried to contact support, won't answer. Great job!!
2015-5-3
Use props
raaddink
New

United States

I had the same problem, everything works except the live feed.   Tried everything, rebind, power on order, reset wire connections.  Would occasionally work, but most times failed.
When I connected with my Samsung Galaxy touchpad everything worked fine so that finally narrowed it down to the iphone, not the phantom.  Looking through the iphone settings, when I went to Settings/DJI VISION and turned off both Photos and use cellular data, it worked properly on the iPhone.
2015-7-11
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

It has also been found that rebind with stronger wifi interference stops the video. Have had a few users that had to move away from other homes and buldings that had wifi and go into a field and rebind their unit. Then it works after getting it to rebind properly. Just for consideration.
2015-7-17
Use props
bryan
New

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-7-17 17:49
It has also been found that rebind with stronger wifi interference stops the video. Have had a few u ...

I have a Vision 2. I previously flew it about four months ago and everything worked fine..... Meaning I could receive the live video feed and display it real time on my iphone.
Now, after using it just a few weeks ago, it will not display the video feed.
Like others have posted, I can receive all of the telemetry and control the camera. I can see pics takes and video taken in the album section of the ap.
I have tried every fix posted on this forum as well as everything posted on other non-dji forums....... nothing works.

Question 1.... Is it possible that through an updated ap that DJI has purposefully or accidentally shut off the video feed for anyone who has not updated their copter to the new "altitude" restricted firmware?

Question 2.... I have a friend who has the exact same copter and uses a Samsung (previously worked).  His Phantom is doing the exact same thing as mine. Both were flown at the same time several months ago, and both sat dormant for four months........  what are the odds that it is not hardware related and somehow is related to question 1?
2015-7-22
Use props
mark.giao
New

United States

No FPV

No FPV

Every Updated to Latest

Every Updated to Latest
I am currently having the same problem.   The unit was working fine after its last flight 3 weeks ago.   I went to use it today and no FPV, have a shoot on Monday and have no FPV.   I've update everything including the Samsung Galaxy S4 DJI app.   Rebind, freaking everything and no video.    I know my phone was forced to update to the 5.0.1 lolipop, but that has been out for awhile and I've just been avioding it.  That is the only thing that has changed.

Certainly with all the comments I see on this problem, something has been done.

2015-7-25
Use props
bryan
New

United States

mark.giao@gmail Posted at 2015-7-26 07:10
I am currently having the same problem.   The unit was working fine after its last flight 3 weeks ag ...

Dji support is not recognizing  this issue. They send "canned" responses via their support and then close the ticket. They have to have an answer. Likely they have chosen to move on to support their newer products and orphan the owners of phantom 2 visions.
This should be a simple issue... It is not about binding, ap versions for our phones, or any of the canned responses.
It's about  dissecting the commonalities of the unresolved complaints and addressing the issue.

Here  is the summary again:
Re-binding over and over again does not work
Deleting and reinstalling the ap on our devices does not work
Updating our devices does not work
Checking for mysterious loose cables does not work
Nor does:
Upgrading firmware
Or any other suggested fix....... None of them work!!!!!!

Every single complaint on this issue has the same commonality:
No device can display live video feed on our devices.
We see telemetry such as altitude and number if satellites.... But no live video......

Sheesh........ What part if this does dji not get???!!!!
2015-7-27
Use props
johs-andre
New

Norway

Hello
Exactly the same problem that i 'have. I'm flying a Phantom 2 Vision With Samsung s6 and also Ipad and i have tried all the following:
rebinding
upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware.
mobile device has been updated to the latest software.
closed all other multitasking applications. Tried deleting the app from my phone and downloading it again.
Reduce the preview frame-rate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.

Nothing is working
pls help

2015-8-2
Use props
sublimelobc
lvl.1
United States

DJI Vision app broken! Please fix DJI!
I'm having the same issue since the latest app update. It seems to obviously be a bug in the app, DJI really should address this more quickly, the app is broken.  I have tried all the steps listed here to try and fix it but with no luck. Basically the new app will leave you unable to live stream....you will be taking pictures or video and flying blindly, which destroys the whole purpose of having a vision+ to begin with!
I'm using all the latest firmware updates on the Vision+ and iphone with app version 1.0.521 (build 1903)
2015-9-15
Use props
afonso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77123 ft
Brazil

sublimelobc Posted at 2015-9-16 02:03
DJI Vision app broken! Please fix DJI!
I'm having the same issue since the latest app update. It see ...

Same situation what to do??
2015-9-15
Use props
afonso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77123 ft
Brazil

mclemj@gmail.co Posted at 2015-3-27 18:04
I am continually getting the same issue. I have updated all my software to the latest versions. I  ...

Same issue, did you fix it and how?
2015-9-15
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Any of you using the app with the wifi signal booster. You may have pushed it limits and burned it out in that situation replacment is the only fix. There have been a few instance where overheating has cause some of the issues and a few other cases where connectors into the Phantoms wifi module needed to have the video plug reseated. A couple of people found plus going to the gimbel  was causing the blackout. Try reseating this plugs too. The very last test is to try a replacment module to see if that fixes the problem. DJI do make a mod to the modules by drilling holes in the cover to releas heat. So if yours is less than a year old contact DJI technical support via phone for the fasted service. Time is still 6-8 weeks for service door to door.
2015-9-16
Use props
angusmacsac
New
Canada

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-9-16 05:12
Any of you using the app with the wifi signal booster. You may have pushed it limits and burned it o ...

FIX that worked for me ....

On one forum on one thread dealing with the no FPV issue was a single post, that no one seemed to followup on, but this user (can't find the post now, don't remember the forum)  said he "remembered from long time ago that formatting the SD card should work".
I first formatted the 32 GB micro SD card using the cameras app but this did not resolve the no FPV issue so I did a "Full Format" (not a "Quick format") of the memory card using my PC ... this worked.

I have since rebooted the craft from complete shutdown several times now, recorded some short video, restarted several times again and repeated recording and the live feed is still working!

Hope this works for someone else !
Not saying this is a fix that will work for everyone's situation but it's a cheap try
2015-9-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules