Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Making recovered deleted files from P3P card play again
2213 18 2016-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elvijar007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1566047 ft
Iceland

I stupidly deleted my shots from today off the micro SD after I thought I had copied them over to my hard drive (I hadn't). I haven't shot anything new on the card and as soon as I realized, I plugged it back into my computer and looked up ways to recover deleted files. I found a number of programs that cost money but eventually used a free one called Amazing Mac Data Any Recovery to get all the video files back, however now they won't open or play.

I've tried using some programs to fix the corrupted files but nothing seems to work. Seen some programs and software out there meant to fix older Phantom 2 and Inspire files to make them readable again after recovering deleted files, but nothing for the Phantom 3 Professional yet.

I am in dire need of some help, would really suck if my stupidity was the reason for losing all my footage from yesterday. Thanks in advance!!

2016-3-24
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Did you delete the files from SD while it was in the Mac or format the card?
If you deleted the files could they be in the trash can?

I bet you already looked but sometimes we overlook the simplest stuff when we panic
2016-3-25
Use props
elvijar007
lvl.1
Iceland

-=RaM=- Posted at 2016-3-25 11:34
Did you delete the files from SD while it was in the Mac or format the card?
If you deleted the file ...

No I deleted them on the Mac and then emptied the trash. I used a data recovery software to get the files back, but now they're not playing.
2016-3-25
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

This program will get them back... Provided you have nor recorded more video to the card or taken more photos... EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 8.8
2016-3-25
Use props
elvijar007
lvl.1

gustofusion Posted at 2016-3-26 00:33
This program will get them back... Provided you have nor recorded more video to the card or taken mo ...

I've already gotten the deleted data back, just the video files won't play now... They're corrupted or missing an element now.
2016-3-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

elvijar007 Posted at 2016-3-26 16:04
I've already gotten the deleted data back, just the video files won't play now... They're corrupte ...

What are you trying to play them back with? It would be worthwhile trying other programs.
2016-3-25
Use props
elvijar007
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-26 01:13
What are you trying to play them back with? It would be worthwhile trying other programs.

I tried with everything. Quicktime, VLC, Compressor, MPEG Streamclip and they're just different from normal files when I import them off the drone SD card.
2016-3-27
Use props
StevenSandersAT
New

United States

elvijar007 Posted at 2016-3-26 01:04
I've already gotten the deleted data back, just the video files won't play now... They're corrupte ...

Dude take gustofusions advice and use  the Easeus program.  I've been in a similar situation and that program recovered 55 GB of video and it was free.  Nothing was corrupted and I couldn't have been happier.  It did take about 6 hours though and make sure you recover the data to another drive besides the Sd obviously but it does give the option
2016-3-27
Use props
glenndmeltonabb
New

United States

Mount the SD on a windows computer and use Recuva to recover the files. This should work for you.
2016-5-15
Use props
robbie27
New

United States

Maybe try Disk Drill - http://appleinsider.com/articles ... -to-mac-hard-drives and perform data recovery. The above-mentioned file recovery software help recovers files after accidental format. However, regardless of drive choice, no disk recovery app is guaranteed to get absolutely anything back for you. Go ahead and give a try to this software. You can use the free version of Disk Drill to keep an eye on your hard drive state. It won't protect you from finger trouble but it will tip you off that something is up with your drive.
2017-3-17
Use props
Eankserty
New

Singapore

If you have tried some way to recover  lost files and didn't succeed. why not try using some recovery software ,
2017-6-20
Use props
Eankserty
New

Singapore

Here i want to put forward my idea about Android data recovery,to restore back lost Android data , the backup , tool can be used for recovering lost messages ,contacts ,photos,music on phone ,
Especially people who do not have a backup
2017-6-20
Use props
Eamerty
New

Japan

For these people who have backup files , how to recover data
2017-9-12
Use props
alleyn
New

United States

This mistake would be painful for anybody. I sole this problem from: https://www.eshareclub.com/recov ... rash-files-on-mac/.
I hope it may help you.
2017-11-29
Use props
djiuser_nedi4eE
New

Hong Kong

Free tools like recuva, easeus, DiskDigger may help you get the files back, they are specially designed to recover files from micro sd card storage.
2017-12-12
Use props
edifier
lvl.2

United Kingdom

like he says he has already recovered the files but will not play back
i had the same problem nothing would play them back after recovering them.
it seems as though the file extension or something is not right for play back
i have looked at software to try to correct this problem but had no luck
2017-12-12
Use props
Viyice
lvl.1

Japan

edifier Posted at 2017-12-12 05:46
like he says he has already recovered the files but will not play back
i had the same problem nothing would play them back after recovering them.
it seems as though the file extension or something is not right for play back

Actually, not all the recommendations above are useless.  The provider of the recovery software which the OP have used may be responsible for the problem. People should contact the developer and ask them to fix it.
2018-6-25
Use props
MaxAda
lvl.2

United States

gustofusion Posted at 2016-3-25 08:33
This program will get them back... Provided you have nor recorded more video to the card or taken more photos... EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 8.8

EaseUS is a good software, but for now, I think you have a better choice. I recommend that you review the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard review before use. You can understand the software from a more objective perspective and decide whether to download the software.
2019-1-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

MaxAda Posted at 1-25 18:33
EaseUS is a good software, but for now, I think you have a better choice. I recommend that you review the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard review before use. You can understand the software from a more objective perspective and decide whether to download the software.

You are replying to a post that is nearl;y 3 years old.
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules