735 4 2016-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know it's been widely discussed but I can't stop thinking that there would be a huge demand for a camera which bridges the X5 and X5R. There's no doubt that the X5R reviews are very impressive but, for many of us 'pro' but small operators, it's overkill for what we need. I want a good solid picture with moderate compression and I don't need raw with all the associated overheads. I can live with one lens. I just want a reasonably priced system without the brutal compression artifacts.
2016-3-25
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

I don't think commercially it would make sense for them to make an "In Between Camera".
Its a wonder though someone hasn't made a fully adapted GoPro interface to go straight into the X3 mount.
2016-3-25
Use props
Harryscopic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1422920 ft
Spain

Yes, that mount for interchangeable payloads was a great promise for future cameras. Maybe it's still early, I don't know. I guess it depends a lot on DJI's willingness to let other developers jump in.
2016-3-25
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

Lots of rave reviews for Blackmagic cameras. DJI sells a gimbal for the larger Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera version for the Pro birds, S900, S1000 (but it's not designed for remote operation).

Here's the new  Micro Cinema Camera designed with drones in mind and it shoots in RAW, 11 ounces,  $995

Now if only we had a gimbal to go with it

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com ... cinemacamera/design

2016-3-27
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

It cuts both ways.... I wish they would release the connector specifications.  Not only so I could add 3rd party devices (not just cameras) but so I could connect my DJI cameras to non DJI gear.  I cannot see the value add for DJI with either option though.  When I bought my Inspire 1 I was hoping that the connector would be more open.  But, unless someone reverse engineers it, without help from DJI, I don't see it happening.

There was a time I really wanted to buy the Matrice 100.  The idea of having a hackers version of a DJI platform intrigued me.  I figured makers would come out with mods that may one day end up in the Inspire line but that has not happened either.  If anything it was a test bed for features to go into the Phantom line (with the Phantom 4 obstacle avoidance, etc). I've yet to see any third party accessories developed for the Matrice 100.  Because of that I'm now glad I did not buy it.  Especially since it cost more than an inspire 1 X3.

The only new features that have come out or on the horizon for the Inspire line seem to be more and more advanced cameras.  I'll stick with the X3 for now.  When the X 7/10/etc come out I'll be able to pick up a X5 for cheap   I'd like to see some non camera upgrades come out for the Inspire.  But, to me it seems DJI's bread and butter is the Phantom.

Nick
2016-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules