Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just read the following not sure if the UK government will follow

A new US drone register will help promote a "culture of accountability" the administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Michael Huerta has told BBC Click.
Existing drone owners have until 19 February 2016 to put their details online. Anyone who does not comply could face heavy fines.
The FAA has said that in "severe cases" of drone abuse a criminal prosecution could result in a $250,000 (£175,000) fine and a maximum of three years in prison.

BBC Link

2016-3-25
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OMG now found this
The EU is being urged to create an online register of drone owners.
The recommendation was made by the House of Lords EU Committee, which has been looking into what rules are needed to safeguard the use of unmanned aircraft.
It suggests the database would initially include businesses and other professional users, and then later expand to encompass consumers.
However, one expert questioned how useful such a register would be.
The committee's report warned that over-regulation risked stifling the drone industry, estimating that it could be responsible for creating as many as 150,000 jobs across Europe by 2050.
Even so, it suggested that creating the database would help the authorities manage and keep track of drone traffic.

Drone owners register

2016-3-25
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

Exib Posted at 2016-3-25 13:52
OMG now found thisThe EU is being urged to create an online register of drone owners.The recommendat ...

Meh.    I'm not worried about it.

Here in the US,  we register our cars, our pets,  even ourselves (Social Security Number).

And, considering that you have to register other types of aircraft (hot air balloons, ultra-lights, Light Sport Aircraft (LSA), general aviation, etc.)  - It doesn't bother me too much.

And, in the back of my mind,  there is always the thought that our US government is too inefficient to do much harm to me - in regards to registering my quadcopter.

If they ever make us start registering our speech, or our thoughts  -  then I'll get upset.

Sid
2016-3-25
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sidtx Posted at 2016-3-26 05:40
Meh.    I'm not worried about it.

Here in the US,  we register our cars, our pets,  even ourselve ...

" I'm not worried about it ....
If they ever make us start registering our speech, or our thoughts  -  then I'll get upset".

That could be closer than you think.  Do you know what the NSA is up to?
https://www.eff.org/nsa-spying
2016-3-25
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-26 07:12
" I'm not worried about it ....
If they ever make us start registering our speech, or our thoughts ...

You can't really tell, but you're already thinking what they want you to think.  You simply can't tell.
2016-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules