My first Freak Crash. Nothing was damaged.
1960 8 2015-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark
lvl.2

United States

After a session of flying i was hovering around getting ready to land after wearing out the battery,(12-15% left) and i was 3" foot off the ground when the voice of siri's sister, "auto home landing in 5 secounds".  When i lowered it, I was literally 6" off the ground landing it and then it jacks forward like i was mashing up on controller.  Anyways, it caught the front legs in the grass and did an endo face plant upside down.  The legs were down and it protected the gimble.  Luckily, nothing was damaged, but if i was 2 ft highed i would of hit the side of my house and broke a leg or something.  

I will be uploading the video shortly.

2015-1-11
Use props
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

Bizzare. So you think the auto RTH engaged as you were trying to land it? Seems like the first thing it would try to do is climb to RTH altitude, then return to home point for landing, not just dart forward. Look forward to the video.
2015-1-11
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Had my first crash today aswell and was lucky it never ripped the camera off. Just slowly went to the left an dipped down, why I don't know, snapped two propellers though it definitely should be a bit slower on the forward stick
2015-1-11
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-1-12 06:05
Had my first crash today aswell and was lucky it never ripped the camera off. Just slowly went to th ...

You know you can turn down how sensative those sticks are! You seem to be flying pretty low for the speed you were doing. Well if you broke only 2 propellers then your lucky!
2015-1-11
Use props
Paras
lvl.2

Spain

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-1-12 06:05
Had my first crash today aswell and was lucky it never ripped the camera off. Just slowly went to th ...

This is clearly pilot negligence
2015-1-11
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Paras Posted at 2015-1-12 06:29
This is clearly pilot negligence

I completely agree haha.

Svencool please advise then dude
2015-1-11
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United States

the battery popped out and the file got corrupt.  im trying to fix the file.
2015-1-11
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

svencool Posted at 2015-1-12 06:28
You know you can turn down how sensative those sticks are! You seem to be flying pretty low for th ...

Got it exp curve I presume.  0.30 it is am I right on that
2015-1-11
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-1-12 06:41
I completely agree haha.

Svencool please advise then dude

Hey dude lol here is a video link at about 17:10 he goes into setting up the stick curve or sensitivity Hope this prevents another crash..

Hope this helps,
Mike
2015-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules