Drone Learning Summer Camp Suggestions
860 1 2016-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scanner2
lvl.1

United States

I've been in the hobby now for approximately 1 1/2 years now. I started out with a Dromida Ominous and worked my way up to a DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, Phantom 3 Pro and now a Inspire 1.  I was considering teaching a very basic week long summer camp to 6th - 9th graders 3 hours per day.  I was going to start them out with basic knowledge on quadcopters, safety, hobbyist regulations and flight.  I would start out in the classroom with flight simulators and then bring them into the GYM of a school for most of their flights with possibly some outdoor flights weather permitting and providing we use drones that I can regulate distance so I don't have fly-aways.  If not I'll just limit it to the GYM.  I need suggestions on what drone(s) should I purchase to have them use?  As I mentioned I started out with the Dromida but maybe there are better drones than that for beginners.  Also I need to know what flight simulators to purchase?  The only one I have ever used is what is available on my DJI Go App. So I would need one that is easy for me to learn and then teach the kids.  Of course I imagine the school I would be doing it for would have a conservative budget.  I would probably limited it to 8 - 10 kids.  Any suggestions about the items I would need to operate the camp and any ideas would be appreciated.
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

As i remember  there is a simulator in DJI Assistant 2.  You also can try Phoenix Simulator if you have another (not DJI) Remote controller
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules