phantom 4 still rocking back & forth with IMU calibration
1108 6 2016-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

Hi -

Did a couple IMU calibrations, also calibrated the compass several times.

The Phantom 4 compared to the Phantom 3 is not as stable - because it keeps 'rocking' back and forth - so the image (i.e., let's say you are focused on a person) - will go up - down - left - left - right -right - down - up - up, etc by I'd guess about 1 degrees.

Very annoying because it's not a stable image.

ANy other ideas for fixes, or does this need to be something that is fixed in the next firmware?

Thanks!

2016-3-25
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Ok on start up in the menu does it say that the firmware is up to date?

Also go to check IMU cal and see if there is green for both IMUs

If all of that checks out I would contact Dji support as something may not be good, took my p4 out today and it solid when all is calibrated
2016-3-25
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

Haven't yet done the firmware upgrade (at the moment wanted the CSC option how it is, so didn't want that changed)... did they actually upgrade/fix this bug?

But both IMUs are green...
2016-3-25
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

Oh ok personal I would do the update and see if that helped but after the update you'll have to do another IMU cal plus compass cal
2016-3-25
Use props
TK-421
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-25
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to do the firmware update that will fix your issues

I bought a new Panasonic TV recently the menu did not work correctly guess what firmware update notice popped up on the screen did the update issue fixed
2016-3-25
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

re: low altitude - it *Should* work at low altitude. Phantom 3 does. I will have to test a higher altitude to be sure. EDIT: actually just looked at some of my footage where I do  have it at >10m. IT still "rocks" back and forth, much more noticeable

re: firmware upgrade - exib - have you tested that and found that to be true? I'm just usually reluctant to do firmware upgrades - because I read of many people doing it - and it breaks something else + usually installs something you don't want (i.e., more restrictions, etc).
2016-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules