Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Crash
1366 6 2016-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

107 flights and had my first crash tonight. Lesson learned! I lost focus for a split second and ran right into a tree.
Fortunatley, I didn't panic. As soon as it happened, I hit the left stick down to kill the motors. It was only about 9 feet up in the tree. I was able to reach the branch it landed on and get it down.
The ONLY damage is that all 4 props were broken. Nothing else.
First I removed the broken props and rebooted the remote to get rid of the motor obstructed warning. Then started the motors. All fine.
I reloaded it with new props after careful insppection of the mounts and launched her. First I listened carefully and then flew at 7 feet altirude and checked all maneuvers. All good.
I realize I am very fortunate and will pay heed to a blessing and lesson learned.

Broken props

Broken props
2016-3-25
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

I made a Similar mistake when I first got my Inspire.....
I was filming flying along low and decided to land while I thought about the next shot.
The bird was a fair way away and I decided to come home and change battery.
from where I was standing all looked clear and I didn't realise I was landed just , and I mean just under the edge of a tree.........so I took off and hovered at about 3m and then decided I might try the RTH command...
So up she went to fly home height, but cleaned up the tree on the climb.......an amateur mistake and really Pee'd me off to make it.....anyway the bird came out ok with nothing more than my hurt pride lol.... and a leg or 2 out of position....and the normal battery eject.
Looks like I need collision avoidance pointing straight up lol
2016-3-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

thank you for sharing this with us.

Great news that everything is ok

Rich
2016-3-25
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I learned along time ago flying 450 size helicopters, the lesson I learned back then and still follow today's is " never let over confidence set in" always fly like it's your first time.
2016-3-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Be sure to check those Quick connect locks  for damage with a magnifying glass.  I replace my props and locks after 100 flights. I would replace yours regardless, they might have hidden cracks . I would also recalibrate the compass and IMU for sure.  

-donnie
2016-3-26
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Thanks to all for the feedback.
One thing that I was glad to see is that even with the complete damage to the props, none of the locks had budged at all from the locked positions. (1345T)
One thing I noticed in the last few days is lots of Bug guts on the bird. Are they attracted by the sound or some other attribute of drones?
2016-3-26
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

That is great that's all you did!  I had an issue a couple of weeks ago and mine survived a pretty good drag on the ground, so it seems these things are more tough then they look.  Please share if you have the video...here's my scuff along the ground.  If the "go to timeline" doesn't work, it's right at about 7 minutes and 50 seconds or so.  Just took my eyes off for a second when I got an on screen error.  Lesson I learned is, no matter what is don't panic and take your eyes off the screen...if you lose video, climb (if applicable) and let go of forwar stick.  Either way, you did good to only have props broken.  So congrats!!!  Glad she's still ready to go.   Happy flying brother!

2016-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules