Who's had success backing off the screws and using zip ties
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

[size=14.6667px]Just wondering how many have actually done the steps of backing off the screws and putting zip ties on the arms and flown for an extended amount of time with no cracks in the shell?
2016-3-25
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Impossible to know ... because most Phantoms never developed cracking in the first place.
It's a bit like wearing a necklace of garlic to ward off vampires.
Does it work ... or are there just no vampires around?
2016-3-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-26 19:23
Impossible to know ... because most Phantoms never developed cracking in the first place.
It's a bit ...

Who vants to know?
2016-3-26
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

ZeeBat is back{:3_50:}
2016-3-26
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Although still relatively new, from what I have read, the cracking was more P2 than P3. So I don't think you will get many replies.
2016-3-26
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

FAS1 Posted at 2016-3-26 05:52
Although still relatively new, from what I have read, the cracking was more P2 than P3. So I don't t ...

There's a lot of posts about Phantom 3's cracking. The search function on dji's forum sucks but go over to phantompilots forum and search for "cracks" and you will find a ton of posts from P3 owners. A lot of P3 owners have had cracks and sent them to DJI for repair only to get them back and have cracks again in a short period of time. Just has me concerned as mine is in for repair for cracks.
2016-3-26
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-3-27 02:33
There's a lot of posts about Phantom 3's cracking. The search function on dji's forum sucks but go ...

And a "lot" is still a very small fraction of the half million or so P3s that have been sold.
Reports of cracking shells are hardly heard these days.
2016-3-26
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Loosen the screws and lightly "snug" them. I did that with mine. Some may be over tight from factory and cause of cracking.
2016-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules