Crashed 3 Pro, not performing IMU calibration
2627 12 2016-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pete.duai
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all, I clipped the wall at home while hovering in the hallway (yes I know, shouldn't have done it ) and the Phantom 3 pro landed upside down and continued to keep running for another 15 minutes before it shut itself off.
It was only about 1 metre off the ground and landed on carpet, with no apparent damage, except to the wall.
I picked it up straight away by the legs but was hesitant to flip it the right way up in case it took off and did more damage inside the house, so I stood there for 15 minutes holding it upside down until it eventually turned itself off.

Now I am getting a message to calibrate the IMU but it gets to 1% and says unknown error and won't load beyond 1%.
Has anyone else had this issue and successfully fixed the error?
Cheers Pete.

2016-3-26
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

I have so many questions, but I suppose the answer to most of them would be that you panicked.{:3_60:}
Have you tried cooling down the bird before doing the calibration, make sure you have the app ready to go before you power the bird on then insert the battery, power up and start the calibration immediately.
Hopefully this works for you, let me know how you go.

Cheers
Rob
P.S where in AU are you from (I'm in Sydney)
2016-3-26
Use props
pete.duai
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Rob,
I am in Peakhurst, Sydney.
What suburb are you in mate?

Ask all the questions you want mate and the answer to most of them will likely be, i'm stupid hahahaha!!!!!!
The bird has not been running for over 12 hours now so well and truly cooled down.
I have tried every possible way of connecting and calibrating that I can think of and nothing works.
Cheers Pete.
2016-3-26
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l have many questions too, like why did you let it run down and shut itself off when you could have shut it off immediately with a CSC? l'd be worried about that battery now as we're supposed to break them in for the first 8 or 10 uses by not letting them get below 50% or so.

Are you trying to calibrate the IMU on a flat and level surface away from interference and vibration?
l had one stop and had to shut it down and restart the cal on my P2, but that was a whole different beast.
2016-3-26
Use props
pete.duai
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Capitan, I don't know what a CSC is, and I tried searching through the app to find a way to shut it off but could not find anything that worked so I was waiting for the battery to run down and then it got down to around 40% and it just turned off, so I pulled the battery out straight away.
I also tried my second battery with no luck either so I don't think it is a battery issue.
Yes I have tried several different places to calibrate and none are working past 1%.
2016-3-26
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

pete.duai Posted at 2016-3-26 21:54
Hi Rob,
I am in Peakhurst, Sydney.
What suburb are you in mate?

Hey Pete

I'm in Kellyville, we are doing a job in your area (Peak Pde Peakhurst).
I'll send you a PM, if there is anything I can help with you're more than welcome.

Cheers
2016-3-26
Use props
pete.duai
lvl.1

Australia

Rob, that is only a few streets away from my place.
When are you doing the job?
I might try and come down to say hello
2016-3-26
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Gonna need to send it in for repair. I had the same issue but not from the same cause. IMU wouldn't get past 1%. If you go under sensors, what does it say?
2016-3-26
Use props
pete.duai
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Nick, when I go to the sensors setting, the numbers are just continually moving around.
2016-3-26
Use props
t0mb0la
Second Officer
Flight distance : 447841 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pete.duai Posted at 2016-3-27 07:09
Hi Nick, when I go to the sensors setting, the numbers are just continually moving around.

Could you have a stuck accelerometer?

https://www.reddit.com/r/djiphan ... brate_imu_try_this/
2016-3-27
Use props
pete.duai
lvl.1

Australia

No way......that fixed it Tommy
Thank you soooooo much mate.
I gave it a good whacking on all 4 sides for good measure and the calibration started straight away.
I then attached the props and lifted off into a hovering position.
It is a little unstable with rocking left and right by 20cm's or so but I will take it to the park tomorrow and recalibrate everything again in the open.
I am sooo happy, my bird is flying again.......
2016-3-28
Use props
t0mb0la
Second Officer
Flight distance : 447841 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pete.duai Posted at 2016-3-28 11:31
No way......that fixed it Tommy
Thank you soooooo much mate.
I gave it a good whacking on all 4 s ...

Excellent.. happy to hear you got it back in the air.
Hopefully a cold IMU calibration on a level surface will sort out the stability.
2016-3-29
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

t0mb0la Posted at 2016-3-27 10:07
Could you have a stuck accelerometer?

https://www.reddit.com/r/djiphantom/comments/3nb8c3/acceler ...

My brothers p3a imu was stuck and this fixed it.
2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules