Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I have a bit of play on the pan motor of my Osmo, Is that worrying
1547 11 2016-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
berndv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2953 ft
Netherlands

Recently I discovered a tiny bit of play on the big (pan) motor of my Osmo (just square to the axis, so not up and down). It is hardly visible but you can definitely feel it. I am sure it wasn't there when I just bought it.
Anyone else having that?
I wonder whether that is normal wear and whether it could have an effect on the images?
As in that case I would want to send it in for repairs.
Any help is appeciated.

Bernd

2016-3-26
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

I this before you power up? if so don't worry they are like that.
Rod and the cat
2016-3-26
Use props
berndv
lvl.2
Netherlands

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-3-26 11:34
I this before you power up? if so don't worry they are like that.
Rod and the cat

It is not as bad as when powered off but I can also feel tick it a little when shaking it while powered on.
When used hand-held you probably won't notice it in the footage but I wonder how it effects images in a more shaky environment as when using it with the suction mount attached to a car.
2016-3-26
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

berndv Posted at 2016-3-27 12:01
It is not as bad as when powered off but I can also feel tick it a little when shaking it while po ...

Hmm, just checked mine powered up and all is quite tight. the little servos have taken up any play. Can anyone else chip in and help Berndv??
Rod and the cat
2016-3-26
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Just checked mine has a little play when off, but when powered on is quite firm to
2016-3-26
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

berndv Posted at 2016-3-27 07:01
It is not as bad as when powered off but I can also feel tick it a little when shaking it while po ...

I'm sure you would of checked it already,but check your gimble lock ring
2016-3-26
Use props
berndv
lvl.2
Netherlands

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-3-27 01:56
I'm sure you would of checked it already,but check your gimble lock ring

When  the camera is removed from the handle, I can also feel the play In the motor axis. So it is not an issue of the gimbal locking ring.
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Please make sure you've locked the ring fully. Normally, it's quite stable and tight when you power on the Osmo, and it can be circled smoothly when powering it off without any vibration. Check the inside structure and the chip, if the problem affect the communication between the handle and the gimbal, please contact your dealer for help.
2016-3-28
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

berndv Posted at 2016-3-29 04:58
When  the camera is removed from the handle, I can also feel the play In the motor axis. So it is  ...

Ok camera removed, I just rechecked mine for you (with the camera removed from handle) it has a very very very small amount of movement back and fourth, and no movement at all up and down, I would call the movement I have normal
2016-3-29
Use props
Mihai (Maverick
New

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-29 12:30
Hello!
Please make sure you've locked the ring fully. Normally, it's quite stable and tight when you ...

Hello Adela,

I have uploaded a video of my similar problem. The Osmo was turned off and locked in place but the wobbling is very noticeable.

Can you tell me if this is normal behavior or if I have a faulty unit?

Thank you !
2016-9-23
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

Mihai (Maverick Posted at 2016-9-23 18:50
DJI Osmo pan motor play

Hello Adela,

Hi, this is normal, it is just the movement in the locking tab pin, if you take your gimbal of the handle, then lock the pan axis you can see where the pin is locked into, it's just the plastic pin moving back and fourth.
2016-9-23
Use props
CMay
lvl.1
Brazil

I have the same problem here and I'm sure it is different when I bought it.

The problem is without an engine. I have the impression that the part that moves sideways is not tightened by a screw or the like.

I tried to find someone opening this part to find out what it's like inside, but I didn't find it.

2020-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules