1477 10 2016-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

All FW after 1.4 had reduced performance of the inspire.  I am on fw 1.7 (technically 1.6 on the craft) and I cant fly full forward throttle without getting a Propulsion message, and reduced motor output.

I understand this is to save cells in the battery, buy there should be a way to turn this off.

How about a On/Off for battery saver mode.

This machine is not performing as it did when I first purchased it due to firmware limitations.

Interested in hearing from someone from DJI about this.

Thanks
2016-3-26
Use props
bharkup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10425610 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Couldn't agree more.
2016-3-26
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

power saver? that's a smart idea!
2016-3-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I agree, but I bet they found a flaw ( Battery Packs)  that was not able to be corrected with a FW update, and since they could not recall all of the batteries, the best they could do is Throttle down the power to prevent cell damage.  When I fly mine in ATTI mode on a calm evening or morning, I am getting 60 MPH and with a Tail wind 65 almost 70.   I agree with your ON/ OFF battery mode, but half of the Pilots barley read the Basic fast start guide.  You should read the Phantom forum, talk about some Numb-skulls.    Sorry I am not DJI but wanted to throw my 2 cents in to a Pilot that I think  is VERY  KNOWLEDGEABLE and insightful .

- donnie   
2016-3-26
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-27 02:09
I agree, but I bet they found a flaw ( Battery Packs)  that was not able to be corrected with a FW ...

Nice Donnie,
  What is the fastest you can fly in a decent downwind just curious
2016-3-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-3-26 14:55
Nice Donnie,
  What is the fastest you can fly in a decent downwind just curious

I was getting almost 70, downwind  but that was a short blast and I do not want to test tolerances, with the Prop lock system especially and braking.   But I can do 60 No problem in ATTI mode.  I would feel safe at 60 all day long with my Inspire, and in GPS mode about 40 MPH.  

The thing about going fast downwind is it's a rush , Just have to remember , you have to make it back ! One day I flew to far downwind and the wind really Picked up ,  I was only able to go about 5-7 mph  ( If that )  on the way back, I started praying, my knees were shaking.  It got really bad when the first battery warning came on and I was still  almost a mile away, Now I have the beeping, praying and knees knocking ! I lowered altitude and started running towards it, we met in the middle and it landed at a golf course with the critical alarm still  going off and a forced decent at 12 % battery life.   I learned my lesson about downwind.............good times

Cheers -donnie

-donnie
2016-3-26
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

I agree fdnyfish.... it woud be a smart move for DJI to give the inspire a High Performance mode... similar to what they did with the P4.... the inspire is a speed machine,  i believe its in DJI interest to make this ability  available to the owners of the inspires ... many owners including myself use the inspire for fast tracking sports,and acceleration ,speed,climb rate etc is really important .. please DJI, you have a awesome UAV here give it a mode that can show just how awesome it can be....
2016-3-26
Use props
mixmaven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1699081 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-26 15:48
I was getting almost 70, downwind  but that was a short blast and I do not want to test tolera ...

Also, next time you find yourself flying back in heavy wind, drop your landing gear and fly closer to the ground.  Surface friction slows the wind near the ground (generally less if over water, but it helps.)

I get higher speeds gear down, try it.   Fly safe!   
2016-3-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mixmaven Posted at 2016-3-26 21:53
Also, next time you find yourself flying back in heavy wind, drop your landing gear and fly closer ...

Thanks for the suggestion Mix, I will give it a try next time, sounds counter intuitive, ( dropping gear ) but I am willing to try any suggestions that may help .

Cheers- donnie
2016-3-27
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Antenna systems

Very well so in ATTI mode I should expect up to 60 mph with my inspire 1 vs gps active that's good to know thank you
2016-4-23
Use props
Jim09
lvl.3
United States

Finally got some calm winds this morning... Think I'll go out and do a speed test in ATTI mode.  Cheers
2016-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules