More flights and more observations.
425 0 2016-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waynepj3
lvl.3
  • >>>

I did another flight around the neighborhood and range test. There are obstacles, metal, wifi signals in every house.

What I have learned is Obstacle Avoidance Mode or P mode should only be used in close quarters or low altitude flights. It's far too slow to use as the default flight mode. I think i was getting 18 to 19 mph in P mode.

Sport mode is really the right mode to get around. The P4 really moves in Sport mode.

Obstacle avoidance applied correctly really should be on all sides. I was a lot less nervous than I was with my P3 with the knowledge that P4 will stop or avoid but I find myself only flying forward. No moving to the side.

Obstacle avoidance must be in all directions next time and sensative enough to detect tree branches. I am sure tree branches will be the main cause of crashes..not solid buildings or hills.

Granted, I had a lot of structures that could block the signal but the range on the P4 is horrible. Slightly better than the P3 Standard that was wifi only...far, far worse than P3 Advanced

IF DJI was more upfront about the diminished range they would have sold dramatically fewer P4s.

2016-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules