CAA Training Near South Wales UK?
873 4 2016-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Full Time G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600410 ft
  • >>>

Hi can anyone recommend any CAA training near South Wales, also is there are standard price or are some companies charging over the odds?
Most I have seen are more England based with the closest being Bristol and all seem to be coming in at around £1300 for a 3 day course with License/Exam

Thanks in advance
2016-3-26
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Are you referring to EuroUSC  
2016-3-26
Use props
The Full Time G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600410 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be honest with you im still trying to work out what I actually need in order to be able to fly commercially, The CAA website states that there is no recognised license, only that you must be able to demonstrate competence, then all of the sites recommended by them use different terms and make out that you will be licensed to use your drone commercially on completion of there £1300+ course.

Then EuroUSC say that the offer a BNUC ???

Does anyone know what you actually need? or is it just down to getting commercial insurance?

Thanks
2016-3-27
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

The Full Time G Posted at 2016-3-27 11:41
To be honest with you im still trying to work out what I actually need in order to be able to fly co ...

You need Permission for Aerial Work from the CAA.  Google PfAW.  You need to take a course run by one of the National Qualified Entities (NQE).  You can find more info on the CAA website.  Most I've looked at are around £1500 for a 2 day coarse.
There's a list of NQE's on the CAA website.
2016-3-27
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

The Full Time G Posted at 2016-3-27 11:41
To be honest with you im still trying to work out what I actually need in order to be able to fly co ...

EuroUSC is probably the market leader in this field.
1.you will need to attend a two day theory course and exam test which takes place at the end of the two day theory course if you feel confident enough to sit it or defer it to another day it is a very intensive course. Course literature is sent to you prior the theory course for you to study
2.When you have successfuly passed the exam you will then proceed to submit your operations manual with assistance from EuroUSC
3. You will then take a flight test if successful EuroUCS  will submit your results to the CAA on your behalf for recommendation for a PFAW licence (permission for ariel work).
You will need this to enable you to work commercially within  CAA  regulations.
Visit EuroUCS at www.eurousc.com
2016-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules