Almost Crash Phantom 4
2740 18 2016-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone_IT
lvl.2

Italy

Hallo to all, today is my LUCKY day, i fly with my P4, ant suddenly the App said me "Satellite positioning is OFF flight with cautions", i start many times to put in atti and return in P mode, but satellite not working again, after P4 start to drift like crazy, and i try to regain the control in ATTI, with alot of lucky i return at home but satellite become OFF-ANd ON withouth reason...
A strange message in App said me" Some modules in the aircraft is not update" slide to update, but i have all updated, when i restart aircraft the satellite sistem is ok and working, after some second stop to work
Im very worry to fly again
Please help me.... I have a log file extract from p4 with dji assistant...what i can do?

I have to go To apple for change?

Thanks
2016-03-26 23_20_21-Impostazioni.jpg
2016-3-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine did that today as well but after I rebooted everything it went away?
2016-3-26
Use props
Drone_IT
lvl.2

Italy

No...now even after reboot, the GPS dont work...
2016-3-26
Use props
Drone_IT
lvl.2

Italy

Your P4 now works good? Im totally untrust about P4 now, and im thinking to return to APPle
2016-3-26
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

I will never fly in Atti mode again. It went haywire. Went all over the place, took me ten minutes to just safely land the thing without it crashing. Barely any wind. I don't know what the heck was up with atti mode, but I will never fly in it again. Absolutely NO control over your aircraft or where it goes/what it does besides up and down
2016-3-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-3-27 09:59
I will never fly in Atti mode again. It went haywire. Went all over the place, took me ten minutes t ...

There's definitely some bugs, hopefully they fix them soon. I'm staying in gps mode as well.
2016-3-27
Use props
Drone_IT
lvl.2

Italy

My problem is not in ATTI, i loose totally GPS signal and telemetry, so i have to switch in ATTI to regain control, yesterday i try all day and discharge 5 batteries withouth problem, gps rock solid...
But im afraid, i dont know if is hardware problem and i have to ask the change to apple, or not....today is my last day for change!

Damn i dont
2016-3-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Drone_IT Posted at 2016-3-28 18:34
My problem is not in ATTI, i loose totally GPS signal and telemetry, so i have to switch in ATTI to  ...

I am looking at the photo you posted and it looks to me as if you are flying inside a building. Is that the case?
2016-3-27
Use props
Drone_IT
lvl.2

Italy

no i flight outdoor when is happen, this foto is only for show the same message i have outdoor in mid flight, i loose totally gps
Geebax, indoor you P4 give you the same message? I dont remember if the message "Satellite position is off" Mean "i dont receive satellite" or is like switch off like when for example you switch in Atti
2016-3-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anything round about that could block signal from satellites, buildings, mountains, electrical interference ?

Have you tried flying in a different area ?
2016-3-28
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-3-27 21:59
I will never fly in Atti mode again. It went haywire. Went all over the place, took me ten minutes t ...

You may not like Atti mode but if you ever get in trouble such as lose GPS, fly away or some other issue you can manually fly back to you safely. It's always good to be able to learn and fly it in that mode, it just sharpens all your skill levels, best to start practicing in Atti mode out in the open, away from obstacles and calm wind.
2016-3-28
Use props
Drone_IT
lvl.2

Italy

Atti is important for this situation, im not an expert in Atti mode, but if i never fly in Atti, 2 days ago im sure i crash my P4, only Atti can save you from GPS weak signal or other crazy problem from autopilot brain...
So... I want trust my P4, and i dont go to Apple for change, i HOPE is a good choice, and is only Particular event....

Cross my fingers
2016-3-28
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Jbundy63 Posted at 2016-3-28 17:46
You may not like Atti mode but if you ever get in trouble such as lose GPS, fly away or some other ...

When I tried out Atti mode, there was nothing around me for a good distance. It went haywire from the second it launched. It went every different way it could while I was trying to gain control of it, and was eventually able to land without crashing after about 3+ minutes of attempting to with it doing that. If this is how Atti mode is supposed to work,, I'll stick with P mode, thanks.
2016-3-30
Use props
mr-nice-guy-82
lvl.1

United States

I was flying in att mode the other day. just messing around. pulled all the way back to come to me and didn't realize att it flies faster, so as soon as I saw the error I made, it was too late. prop hit me right in the arm and crashed right in front of me and busted a prop. no more att mode for me for awhile.
2016-3-30
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You guys need to learn how to fly in Atti, you can not rely on additional sensors to be available all of the time  
2016-3-30
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you can't fly in Atti I'm sorry but you should not be flying at all , take the time to learn that flight mode
2016-3-30
Use props
Curt Martini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9915 ft
United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-3-30 14:33
If you can't fly in Atti I'm sorry but you should not be flying at all , take the time to learn that flight mode

Yes I agree. There is to much tech that makes these so easy to fly. If you lose some of that tech and you don't know how to fly, there could be a major crash involving more than just your drone.
2017-3-17
Use props
jorgerodrigues
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181781 ft
Switzerland

Yup, agree, flying gps mode is great, but flying atti should be compulsory... the other day I wanted to shoot a video in a narrow valley with trees on both sides and guess what? only 4 gps available, so only way to fly was atti... you just have to know how to do it, be conscious of the efects of even a slight breeze have in the control of the drone and how you compensate it. Oh, and go reaaaallllyyyyy gentle with the controls... because it will move a lot if you make real sudden moves.
  Good flights
  Jorge
2017-3-18
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Seems to be something wrong with the craft with what you report below. I would have sent it to DJI for a check up. I Assume the map stopped work without GPS and atti mode or not. If the craft is 100m away I would say it will be difficult to even see it and take it home.

"Satellite positioning is OFF flight with cautions", i start many times to put in atti and return in P mode, but satellite not working again, after P4 start to drift like crazy, and i try to regain the control in ATTI, with alot of lucky i return at home but satellite become OFF-ANd ON withouth reason... A strange message in App said me" Some modules in the aircraft is not update"
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules