Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-7-9 03:17
I am obligated to say: Yet another crash that would have been avoided if DJI had return along path i ...

And how many crashes would result due to low battery situations if RTH followed the outbound track?
Or because users were confused about  which optional RTH method was activated?
No system is perfect in 100% of cases.
But the current system is simple and elegant.
Planning for RTH situations is up to the pilot and something you just have to consider when flying.
Like battery life, headwinds, obstacles etc.
2016-7-8
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-7-9 00:21
What program did you use to display his flight like this?

Because the forum is global, sometimes you need to wait 24 hours or so for a reply...  

I used the data uploaded by the OP to Healthy Drones, and downloaded the flight path/signal strength as a .kml file.  There is a link on Healthy Drones to do that.  .kml files can be opened in Google Earth (I use Google Earth Pro).  You will get a piece of 3D "spaghetti" on the map, and you can scroll around the map and view it from any angle.  There are also some 3D buildings represented on some of the images, these are also contained in Google Earth and can be turned on or off as an option.  Not all buildings are available as models, you will be luckier seeing them at the center of cities where most buildings will have been rendered, otherwise it may be limited to landmarks and significant buildings.

The images I posted were just screengrabs once I had a descriptive view in Google Earth.
2016-7-9
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-7-8 15:31
And how many crashes would result due to low battery situations if RTH followed the outbound track ...

Yep you didn't even read what I wrote. I said that if the drone loses signal it first returns along its path 100 meters and then if it still has no contact with the controller, returns home as usual. No battery issues. No user confusion and the feature is optional. It is working great right now on 3DRobotics drones (I am a DJI owner) and I am pretty sure that if you took that feature away from them, their users would scream.
2016-7-9
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

KeithS Posted at 2016-3-29 08:51
Hi SHamers,

Was set to RTH @ a height of 140m.

deleted old thread
2016-7-9
Use props
jordanapplebee7
New

Canada

Lost my p3a in the river  
2016-7-9
Use props
jordanapplebee7
New

Canada

jordanapplebee7 Posted at 2016-7-10 05:33
Lost my p3a in the river

Have a question i was wondering if someone could answer for me.While in RTH mode,batterie went critically low so it went in landing mode,does it still try to come back home,or does it just land where it is,im not sure,i had lost signal,and it landed in the river
2016-7-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jordanapplebee7 Posted at 2016-7-10 07:41
Have a question i was wondering if someone could answer for me.While in RTH mode,batterie went cri ...

When the battery gets down to a critical level, it lands where it is, it no longer tries to come home.
2016-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules