5628 24 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pardon my newbiness on this. I have searched high and low for an answer with no luck. I've downbloaded the iPad App "Ground Station". I also have the iPhone app "Vision". I am flying a stock P2V+. From what I can tell and have read, only the Vision app works with my unit. Am I correct that the Ground Station App can only work if you have the additional bluetooth kit? I like the additional features i've seen in the GS app, as opposed to the vision app ground station feature and am just looking for confirmation that I can not use GS with the stock P2V+. Thanks.
2014-9-17
Use props
deepeshdotcom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36949 ft
Australia

Yes! you are right. You need to buy bluetooth kit to make Ground station work. It doesnt work with vision. It only works with non vision.
2014-9-17
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, the 2.4BT ground station is not supported by the vision / vision plus
2014-9-17
Use props
tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

deepeshdotcom Posted at 2014-9-18 07:13
Yes! you are right. You need to buy bluetooth kit to make Ground station work. It doesnt work with v ...

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought I was crazy for not being able to figure this out.
2014-9-17
Use props
l8chuang
lvl.1

Hong Kong

You can activate the ground station feature in the "Settings" in your "DJI Vision" app not "Ground Station" app.  Afterward, swipe left on the camera screen to reveal the ground station screen.

http://youtu.be/qajTB3g8TrU
2014-9-17
Use props
tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

l8chuang Posted at 2014-9-18 12:03
You can activate the ground station feature in the "Settings" in your "DJI Vision" app not "Ground S ...

This was not my question. I was asking about the Ground Station iPad App. What you are describing is the iPhone app called Vision, and the ground station feature. Two very different things. But my suspicion has already been confirmed. The iPad app is only for use with the BT Kit, not the P2V+.
2014-9-18
Use props
l8chuang
lvl.1

Hong Kong

tony@capturevid Posted at 2014-9-19 06:27
This was not my question. I was asking about the Ground Station iPad App. What you are describing i ...

OIC.  But why do you need GS if you can use the ground station function in Vision app?  Just curious.
2014-9-19
Use props
billsblots
New

United States

thanks I was just playing with that last night and wondering the same thing.
2014-9-21
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Not sure what OIC is. IOC is Intelligent Orientation Control which can be enabled in NAZA-M mode in the Assistant software.

There are several nice features in the Ground Station iPad App that are not available in the Vision iPhone App. Ones that come to mind are the ability to control the attitude of the craft while passing each waypoint. There are options to change settings per way point, or across all way points, for example. It is a much nicer, more polished app with a better UI, in my opinion. Very similar, but some really nice differences.

Still nice to have it in the Vision App though, I'm not complaining. I am not going to run out and buy the Bluetooth kit just to gain the iPad App features. You can download the iPad app for free and mess round with it. You'll see what I mean. It just will not connect to your phantom, so you can't use it in flight.
2014-9-22
Use props
bocaray
New

United States

Another newbie question - so if I want to use GS on my iPad with my V2+, must I replace the controller with the BT kit? If so, is it difficult?
2014-10-1
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bocaray@msn.com Posted at 2014-10-1 22:58
Another newbie question - so if I want to use GS on my iPad with my V2+, must I replace the controll ...

I would be interested to hear a response on this. Although I can not imagine why in the world you would want to spend the money and go through the upgrade process to get the few features that you would add by going from the iPhone Vision Ground Station to the iPad Ground Station. What exactly is it that you are hoping to gain by going from one to the other?
Definitely personal choice, I know. Just curious if I am overlooking some features that make the upgrade a good choice.
2014-10-1
Use props
bocaray
New

United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-2 03:09
I would be interested to hear a response on this. Although I can not imagine why in the world you w ...

Prefer the bigger screen and some of the additional features.
2014-10-2
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bocaray@msn.com Posted at 2014-10-2 21:10
Prefer the bigger screen and some of the additional features.

You can use the Vision app on the iPad Mini and even the full size iPad with no issues. I've done it and was amazed at how clear the Vision app was in 2x magnification mode on the iPad.

So, I was wondering what "features" I may be overlooking. I like the Ground Station feature of being able to choose attitude and waypoint turn direction or method. But not sure what else I'm missing out on.
2014-10-2
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

as i can see its not really worth go for GS.. use the native one in Vis+ and wait until DJI doesnt make an upgrade for ex. circle fly, programming gimbal from pad etc. @ the moment its just a simple waypoint autopilot..
2014-10-3
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

+ turn directions def not working as we all wish..:@
2014-10-3
Use props
jruss1966
lvl.1

United States

I feel your pain Tony. I just got Vision plus yesterday and tried to run the GS app that I had played with while I waited on vision plus to ship and found out it won't work with it. I probably would have just gotten the Phantom 2 and used my camera and gimbal off of my Phantom 1.1.1. I hope DJI will do a update on vision app for orientation at least.
2014-10-4
Use props
bocaray
New

United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-3 00:01
You can use the Vision app on the iPad Mini and even the full size iPad with no issues. I've done  ...

It's the turn direction that is most appealing.  I'd really like to depend on programing a route well and having minimal manual intervention.
2014-10-7
Use props
rrinc
New

United States

The answer is NO. The IPAD GROUND STATION does not work with IPAD? VISION 2 PLUS. But the VISION APP for IPHONE does work and it makes it a lot easier to see what you are doing. Not perfect but Much better than on an IPHONE.
NOW how to bundle it all together
2014-10-7
Use props
billsblots
New

United States

Not sure what OIC is.

OIC = "Oh! I see!"
Good line of questioning Tony.  I am also attracted to the idea of setting a "beyond radio range" flight path for the unit, and I want to learn some of the other features of the Ground Station for iPad.  I also loaded the normal iPhone control software on the IPad and it looks tremendous, relieving some of the problems I had viewing the iPhone screen, particularly in daytime conditions.  Clearly, though, you cannot clip it on the controller
I know there's an instructional video or two out there, and adding the BT to the P2V+ (to enable iPad Ground Station communication) is probably not too complicated, but wish there was a more clearly stated 1-2-3-4 this is what it takes.
Let us know if you add it, I'm definitely considering it in the near future.
2014-10-8
Use props
billsblots
New

United States

bocaray@msn.com Posted at 2014-10-8 01:55
I'd really like to depend on programing a route with minimum manual intervention  ...

Exactly.
(need 10 characters to get me reply allowed. 1234567890.)
2014-10-8
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

billsblots Posted at 2014-10-8 22:47
OIC = "Oh! I see!"
Good line of questioning Tony.  I am also attracted to the idea of setting a "be ...

There is actually a VERY easy way to clip an iPad Mini or even a Full Size iPad to the controller. The Satechi Mount (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1) uses the exact same ball head as the iPhone Clip on the controller. Simply Unscrew and pull out the ball head from the controller bracket, then pop in the ball head on this mount and tighten the collar, and voila you now have a great clamp that fits just about any size monitor!
2014-10-8
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Photo showing the iPad 3 (no case or shade) mounted to controller, as well as my standard method of an iPad Mini w/ Retina Display (with Lifeproof Case and Sun Shade.

- Sunshade is not the best solution, but it works. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Options

Options
2014-10-8
Use props
l8chuang
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-9-23 09:44
Not sure what OIC is. IOC is Intelligent Orientation Control which can be enabled in NAZA-M mode in  ...

Thanks for letting us know the difference.  BTW, OIC means "Oh I see".
2014-10-19
Use props
grangerfx.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

It has been many months. Is there any update on when Ground Station app will be compatible with the Panton 2 Vision Plus? The Vision App is great but there is no iPad version and the iPhone screen is too small to read. It is also missing a lot of the features in Ground Station.
2015-2-2
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No news, and I wouldn't expect there to be. I doubt they would offer this in the Vision App. And besides, you can't get the same functionality anyway, without adding the Bluetooth Data Kit.

I would suggest you look in to "FPV Booster v3" app on iOS. With the added "Flight Tracker" module and the added "FPV Camera Model" it is really a great tool. It does not do Ground Station or waypoint flying, but it has many great features. For now, for waypoints, Vision is all we get.
2015-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules