1976 6 2016-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martinkirikal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68471 ft
Estonia

Hi,

I saw on the new DJI - Air + Style 2016 vido black X3 on the Inspire 1. It raised some questions:

OSMO X3 on the Inspire1?
Black version of the Inspire1 camera?

Br
Martin

Black X3.jpg
2016-3-27
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

I'm pretty skeptical about all the black versions that DJI has been putting out.  Sure you can buy the black version of the Inspire 1 but there doesn't appear to be any black replacement parts available.  I can see why they are not releasing said black parts because, like me, others that have the white one would just order the black parts an Bam they have a black Inspire 1.  But, what if you actually paid for a black Inspire and need replacement black canopy, etc?  I guess you buy the white one (suck).

As far as this being an OSMO camera... I highly doubt it.  Although you can put an Inspire 1 X3 camera onto an OSMO, with a Firmware update, DJI specifcly states that it will not work to put an OSMO camera on an Inspire 1.  From the OSMO FAQ "No. Although the Inspire 1's camera will be compatible with the Osmo, you CANNOT use the Osmo's X3 camera on the Inspire 1"

http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#faq

Although I'm sure that's more for marketing reasons than hard core technical ones.

Can you provide the URL to the video?

Cheers,

Nick
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

that's wrong... the black X3 (from osmo) can not be used on inspire 1.  Looks like designers messed it up
2016-3-27
Use props
martinkirikal
lvl.3
Estonia

Video:
2016-3-27
Use props
martinkirikal
lvl.3
Estonia

sshscp@gmail.co Posted at 2016-3-28 06:28
I'm pretty skeptical about all the black versions that DJI has been putting out.  Sure you can buy t ...

Yes I know the official compatibility of the OSMO X3. So is there going to be black X3. Upgrade maybe with better specs?
2016-3-27
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

martinkirikal Posted at 2016-3-28 02:42
Yes I know the official compatibility of the OSMO X3. So is there going to be black X3. Upgrade ma ...

I have no insight into the marketing process for DJI but IMHO I doubt they will make an updated X3 when the X5 fills that role.  Even the black Inspire 1 Pro comes with X5.
2016-3-28
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft

If something happens to the camera that comes with the Inspire Black, is an X3 camera plug and play in a pinch?
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules