Phantom 3 bad video and pic after update
1829 21 2016-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
venturedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326693 ft

I skipped the last 2 firmware updates but decided to update to firmwareFirmware v1.7.0060 from 1.4.

Everything seemed to go well, but when i switched to record video mode, all of these vertical lines appear. Also captured videos and pictures also have those lines.

Installed firmware 1.6 and the problem persists. Has anyone ever experienced this, and if so how to resolve?
2016-3-28
Use props
StevieB
New

Netherlands

I have problems to. My Phantom 3 Advanced is beeping like hell after the firmware 1.7 upgrade
2016-3-28
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2

Should've mentioned mine is the Pro version. Are you having the same video display issue?
2016-3-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

venturedrone Posted at 2016-3-28 13:31
Should've mentioned mine is the Pro version. Are you having the same video display issue?

Did you get success on the SD card after the update ?   What do the vertical lines look like, are they like zebra lines in the bright areas of the screen?  could the "Overexposure Warning" be enabled on the Camera menu on the DJI  go App?

Check this first ( Overexposure Warning") , disable if it has been enabled.  I would also "  reset settings " in the camera tool settings of the DJI Go App.  I would also go through all of your settings because they sometimes change.  If this is all normal you may just have to lower the ISO wheel and let less ligth in , you can also tap on the Screen to the darker areas and the exposure will be calculated from those areas rather than the brighter ones OR    try not to Fly using the "AWB" or Auto white Balance always choose a condition, Ie: sunny , cloudy Incandescent , cutom, just not Auto because it will Get overexposed for sure when facing the sun.  
Perhaps try a different SD card as well .

-donnie
2016-3-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

StevieB Posted at 2016-3-28 13:22
I have problems to. My Phantom 3 Advanced is beeping like hell after the firmware 1.7 upgrade

Start a seperate Thread Stevie B . You will get more help that way.  If it is a solid  dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd  the  update failed .  Please go to my tips page for help.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donnie
2016-3-28
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2

Update status was a sucess. The vertical lines are not the overexposure lines and only appear when I switch to video record mode. Howerver, they are always there on any pics or videos I capture.
2016-3-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

venturedrone Posted at 2016-3-28 13:46
Update status was a sucess. The vertical lines are not the overexposure lines and only appear when I ...

I  made an edit above to my post  , please read.  And you say that these are not just on Device they record on the SD card like that ?
2016-3-28
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

Are you using an android device?
2016-3-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Please post a video of what they look like.  Do they look just as bad on the SD recording as on the Wireless transmission?    I would re- install 1.7 because you cant go back to 1.3even if you wanted to .  Get it up to date and lets figure it out.

-donnie
2016-3-28
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
United States

Im using an ipad mini, but also has the same issue with Android galaxy S5.

Issue occurs on the screen when in video mode only, but all captured pictures and videos have the same issue.

I do not use Auto white Balance and it still occurs after reset of settings AND in Firmware v1.6.0040

2016-3-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

venturedrone Posted at 2016-3-28 14:31
Im using an ipad mini, but also has the same issue with Android galaxy S5.

Issue occurs on the scre ...

That is a funny looking picture  reminds me of something.................................... I think I would rollback and  do each update  and see if it goes away, something is screwed up for sure.That is a strange one

_donnie
2016-3-28
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2

Lens is clean :^) only after upgraded firmware. The vertical bars are worse in the streamed video
2016-3-28
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-28 20:36
That is a funny looking picture  , reminds me of something ................  It only started doing  ...

2016-3-28
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Try formatting your SD card.
Edit: and clearing your video cache. I did not get the same problem as you but I did get some other artifacts on my videos.

2016-3-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

venturedrone Posted at 2016-3-28 14:40
Lens is clean :^) only after upgraded firmware. The vertical bars are worse in the streamed video

Take off the Uv lens cover and look at the other side, I swear I can see fingerprints.  That is so strange. The only other thing is to rollback FW one by one and then re-install.

Edit ****  There may be fingerprints but this is not your Issue.

-donnie
2016-3-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It looks a lot like the growth rings of a tree. Or the birth canal entrance... ;-) sweet...
Did you crash into one lately? Hahaha
A tree I meant. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-3-28
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2

It's clean... what's the best roll back strategy?
2016-3-28
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
United States

Here is a screencapture to show what I see when I switch between video record and still shot modes.

2016-3-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That is an issue with RF interference getting into the camera circuits, it is not something on the lens or optics. I would check that all the cables are firmly seated firstly. It may, just possibly, be something in the area you are shooting that is emitting high levels of radio interference, but less likely.
2016-3-28
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-28 18:01
That is an issue with RF interference getting into the camera circuits, it is not something on the l ...

in totally different places so with multiple tests, I'm sure it isn't the area. Also checked all exposed cables/connections and they appear to be secure... Any other suggestions?

here is a pic of what it looks like when I switch to record video mode:
2016-3-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

venturedrone Posted at 2016-3-29 18:36
in totally different places so with multiple tests, I'm sure it isn't the area. Also checked all ex ...

Sorry no. It is too hard to diagnose remotely. If you have checked all the gimbal cables and that does not cure it, then it is best you send it to DJI to be fixed.
2016-3-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

venturedrone Posted at 2016-3-29 02:36
in totally different places so with multiple tests, I'm sure it isn't the area. Also checked all ex ...

Now in this Screen Shot it is definitely NOT fingerprints,  I would Rollback FW In the Same way that you uploaded it, You can only go back to 1.4.  I would start by doing this, just take your time and go slow, do a test at every stair-step to see if it resolves.  I would also download the Firmware from another device making sure it is a reliable connection.
Did you change devices by any chance ? Like I -pad to Android ?  ( I see that you have , but you say it does it on both )  Geebax brings up a good point , it does look like interference.  In your Image Transmission settings are you set to Auto or custom?  Maybe a channel change  might help.  I realize that we are throwing a lot of spaghetti at the wall hoping for something to stick, sometimes it works , sometimes it does not.

Did you try a Reset of the camera settings as well ? ( I re-read and it says you did this too )
You say it only  does this in video mode correct?  Not in the Picture Mode ?

Perhaps re- load the GO App, it is simple and would not hurt ?
Have you added anything to the Aircraft that may have a magnetic signature , Ie: lights, additional Go Pro etc?  

Any Recent Crashes that may correlate with the update?  

Keep us Posted,It sounds like the FW update but wondering if any other extenuating circumstances'.  

-donnie

2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules