How about support for active readout in mileage?
864 7 2016-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
medicdanderson
lvl.2

United States

I am a fan of the ability to switch between metric and imperial. I think it's great that DJI caters to those in different regions of the world who use different measuring systems (why can't we all just get along?!?) But when I'm flying, sometimes it would be nice to have a distance readout of milege, so I know I'm 0.4 miles away, rather than 2,100 feet, 640 meters, etc. I have been trying to think of suggestions from a public safety standpoint (I'm a paramedic in central WI) and I would imagine that using mileage would also be helpful in the event of a search and rescue situation. Just my 2 cents worth, does anyone else have this same feeling? Or am I just asking for too much? These machines are already phenomenal as it is!
2016-3-28
Use props
CapeCodPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623287 ft
United States

I agree.  One thing I hate is that even though I have it set on imperial, it still shows my fail-safe return to home height in meters.  Same with the maximum altitude setting.  I would also like it to tell me how far I am from the home point, not just the total distance I've flown.  
2016-3-28
Use props
James'ik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126804 ft
Poland

While we're at it I would love to see metric speed in km/h (or kph) instead m/s. I am all for the metric system but speed measured in meters per second is not very common. I have never seen a speedometer in a car in m/s. So, kph would be a much better choice in my opinion.
2016-3-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CapeCodPhantom Posted at 2016-3-29 09:20
I agree.  One thing I hate is that even though I have it set on imperial, it still shows my fail-saf ...

" I would also like it to tell me how far I am from the home point, not just the total distance I've flown.  "

Your wish is granted - look at the numbers at the bottom of the screen.
2016-3-28
Use props
Richard in Bois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the power of current programming languages, ther is no excuse for not showing all values in either imperial or metric.  Come on DJI, get it done in the Go app.
2016-3-28
Use props
CapeCodPhantom
lvl.2
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-29 07:20
" I would also like it to tell me how far I am from the home point, not just the total distance I' ...

I don't see it, I see height, distance, Vertical speed, and horizontal speed.
2016-3-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CapeCodPhantom Posted at 2016-3-29 12:14
I don't see it, I see height, distance, Vertical speed, and horizontal speed.

And what distance is that referring to?
On mine and every other Phantom I've seen it's the distance your Phantom is away  (horizontally).
When you bring it back, the number decreases.

2016-3-28
Use props
CapeCodPhantom
lvl.2
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-29 09:21
And what distance is that referring to?
On mine and every other Phantom I've seen it's the distance ...

Ahh, I just replayed one of my flight logs and I see it counting down now.  
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules