Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help! Gimbal not working correctly!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

Hi all,

Hoping to get some help. I have a Phantom 3 Advanced. The gimbal sporadically fails to work properly. But only sporadically. When I launch, it may work, but sometimes in mid air, it will not properly tilt, or tilts partially but with limited range. When this happens, sometimes, it starts to shake too. Or it looks like it's struggling to find it's position by shaking in different directions. Then it goes back to normal sometimes. The iPad will show the tilt up and down meter disabled sometimes when this is occurring. The frustrating thing is it doesn't happen all the time so it's hard to nail down the problem. I calibrated the gimbal a few times but it's still happening. Can anyone help me figure this out? Greatly appreciated!

2016-3-28
Use props
whiskey'dip
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-28
Use props
whiskey'dip
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-28
Use props
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

whiskey'dip Posted at 2016-3-29 10:53
On a serious note, have you calibrated the IMU, etc

Haha. OK trying now... I've tried everything else.
BTW, Up to this point, I've been tilting using the control wheel up and down, and it only goes partial way both ways, then stops. Then when I do the shortcut button to instantly tilt, it works, but I can't seem to manually slowly tilt. IMU calibration is almost done. Also tried updating firmware. I'll report back when I'm done.
2016-3-28
Use props
whiskey'dip
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-28
Use props
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

whiskey'dip Posted at 2016-3-29 11:26
If it doesn't work, then you have a bunk camera and will probably need to contact DJI for a warranty ...

Nope it didn't. Calibrated Gimbal too. Neither worked. It worked for 60 flights, and it is now malfunctioning. WHY!!!
2016-3-28
Use props
SuperiorsideMqt
lvl.1

United States

Agreed with the IMU calibration.  Assure it's on a perfectly flat surface and let it do it's thing.  I've ran into this issue as well.  After the IMU calibration do another gimbal calibration.  Shut all down including the app then start it back up.  Should correct your issue.  If not get a hold of DJI support.  Good Luck.
2016-3-28
Use props
whiskey'dip
Ban Posts

United States

2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

What firmware are you using? Make sure that your gimbal is in follow mode, not in fpv mode. Check all your settings http://forum.dji.com/thread-39893-1-1.html
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules