NFZ and Simulator
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrm11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

Was trying to get a better understanding of P3 behavior in/around NFZs - without actually flying into one.

The simulator in the Go app connects to the P3 and shows position on the small map. Thought it would be interesting to check out.

The simulator allows me to fly directly into a red circle. I can land the virtual P3 right on an airport runway, which I believe should be a NFZ (based on the red circle around it). I am guessing/hoping this is not what would happen if actually flying.

Does the simulator accurately portray what would happen in an NFZ? Are the red circle areas shown in the GO app the actual boundries of the NFZ? (The answer should be yes for both). Why does the red circle only cover the runway area? Shouldn't the NFZ extend some distance away from the airport?

Also a suggestion... currently, the simulator still does not allow the map to be full screen. The "virtual world" screen shown in the sim is cute but worthless. The P3 is not visible when moving even a minimal amount. If the sim bothers to show the map, it would make sense to allow it to be full screen.
2016-3-28
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

Anyone have a guess at the  answers?
2016-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules