Bestbuy Add
5093 36 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrwalleyeman1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27995 ft
United States

i saw on Bestbuy.com weekly add that they have a DJI Phantom 3 smart battery and propeller guards and package of props  for $100.
The battery is $149.99, prop guards are $19.99 and the set of props is 6.99. So you save $76.97.
I went to my local Bestbuy in Spokane and it didn't show up on their system but the manager gave me the price anyway.

Just thought I would let everyone know.
2016-3-29
Use props
lheft
lvl.4
United States

Do you just piece the items together and you get the discount?

The website shows coming soon.
2016-3-29
Use props
Boblanglois52
lvl.3
Flight distance : 129567 ft
United States

Great. I just bought a battery at Best Buy. They have price protection there. I should be able to get a refund and some props on top of it.
I just checked out the ad. Look how it's worded.

$100.00

"Package includes a flying remote-control camera drone, an extra battery, self-tightening propellers and propeller guards"
2016-3-29
Use props
mrwalleyeman1
lvl.2
United States

I pieced he items together, went to the cashier and she had to call a manager over. I showed him the add and he said that's all I need. He then did the price match of the items. Gave me the $76.97 price change. Then out the door I went.
2016-3-29
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Can't find this in the weekly ad, I could be overlooking it, can you point me to what page or where I might find it?
2016-3-29
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

I found the spot in the ad at least, link doesn't take you but I'm gunna try your approach in the store.  Thanks!!!
2016-3-29
Use props
mrwalleyeman1
lvl.2
United States

If you go to the weekly add online its showed up in the camera and camcorders section. Page 31.

Here is a link.     http://deals.bestbuy.com/?category=cameras+amp+camcorders3
2016-3-29
Use props
mrwalleyeman1
lvl.2
United States

Really weird I didn't notice the coming soon yesterday. Well the store manager still did the price match.
2016-3-29
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Link to the ad, please?
2016-3-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As above http://deals.bestbuy.com/?category=cameras+amp+camcorders3

Edit:- listed as no longer available...
2016-3-29
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

asdasd.jpg
2016-3-29
Use props
chrgnu
lvl.2

thats awesome thank you, im going to the Fredericksburg Va store today
2016-3-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I actually ordered my Inspire 1 V2 at Best Buy just after Christmas.  I had to order it because they do not keep it in stock.  It took some time and after some confusion they said it would be quicker If we ship direct to your house, I said thats fine.   Within the week  I had a knock on the door and the UPS guy says I have 2 packages for you, I figured like my Phantom 3, that the free case was " the other package ".  I had to get back to work so I set the packages down in the Hobby room and left .  I did not get a chance until the Next evening to open the Boxes, sure enough to my surprise was TWO  complete  Inspire ! v2 . I immediately checked my receipt and called the credit card company,  I was only billed for one.   WOW I thought , I have close to SIX Grand in DJI equipment here...... Well Nirvana lasted about 10 minutes and Karma started to knaw at me already, and sure enough the phone rang from my Local Best Buy, it was the young man who sold it to me, He said that He will more than likely loose His job if I  did not return it.  I then said I want to talk to his boss, she called me back about 20 min. later.  I said, "look I am going to bring the Aircraft back under 2 conditions.  One, you do not fire the young man, it was just a mistake, Two, I need another batterypack give me a  little price break and I will be there in half an hour."........She laughed and said,  "Deal ".  When I got there she said to pick out the battery pack I Wanted (TB48) and she GAVE IT TO ME FREE $200.00 battery pack.  She said that NO ONE returns things that are accidently shipped to them and had I wanted I could have kept it by law. (The reason for this is that it prevents unscrupulous vendors shipping things to say old folks and demanding payment.)  I could never have shopped there again if I would have kept it , and I gurantee some time of Karma would have caught up to me.  The next week I went to Best Buy to buy a computer and the Manager Put a Special Price match for me  and I got it for a great deal .  So BEST BUY IS THE BEST PLACE TO SHOP, THEY ALSO HAVE A VERY GENEROUS RETURN WINDOW, 45 DAYS FOR PREFERRED SHOPPERS.

TRUE STORY - donnie
2016-3-29
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Donnie I concur, I love Amazon but I was able to recreate this deal twice today , and the manager not only was happy to match the price, shook my hand told me he appreciated me coming in, he thanked me for my business.  I worked for BB in college and have had my fair share of issues with them but the Manager there tonight was an exceptional example of how to treat a customer.
2016-3-29
Use props
Jdoyle
lvl.2

United States

Just purchased the above $100 bundle at Best Buy, no problem. They even let me trade the prop guards for 3 (2 to a package) of props at no charge. Sweet deal, battery plus 8 props for $100.00 plus tax.
2016-3-29
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Jdoyle Posted at 2016-3-29 20:37
Just purchased the above $100 bundle at Best Buy, no problem. They even let me trade the prop guards ...

God bless Amerika!!!
2016-3-29
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

I bought three batteries from them last week. Does anyone know, if I bring my proof of purchase to store would they be obligated to give me this deal under there price protection plan ( even though in the add it says " this item no longer available " ). ????
2016-3-29
Use props
Jdoyle
lvl.2

United States

The no longer available applies to the P3 drone, not the battery ,guard and prop bundle. If you want to buy print the ad from link in post #10 and take it to the store. They should honor the ad.
2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-30
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

joshhill Posted at 2016-3-30 02:40
I bought three batteries from them last week. Does anyone know, if I bring my proof of purchase to s ...

Take the ad into the store. I'm sure you can get a refund. I've gotten reimbursed for price changes on the Phantoms a few times last couple month's...No Big deal....

You gotta try....worth it.

Good Luck.
2016-3-30
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

Update: Actually this add is for if you buy the drone, then you get this package for an extra $100.00.

It's not as easy as they say to just walk in and get it.

After some long communication they gave me the deal. Look at my receipt though. Looks like I bought a P3Pro and returned it. This is how they work it on on the computer.

So it can be done. But expect it to take some time.

Receipt.jpg
Phantom Bundle.jpg
2016-3-30
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

If anyone else is interested in recreating this, I Posted a thread on slickdeals detailing how I did it at 2 different stores.  To poptarts point it depends on the store and it's not always easy.  One store didn't even look at the ad to verify the other store gave me trouble till I pointed out that the web ad was what brought me in, and while its very clearly stated on the print ad,  I just pointed out how on page 30 of the web ad it makes no mention of having to buy the drone,  and even in the "view disclaimers" when it describe how the bundle is priced out it only lists skus/items for the battery props and guards.  Again no mention is made there of the drone or drone sku.   

I basically just told the manager I understand that the bundle is supposed to be for the phantom,  but that isn't how they are advertising it, and that isn't pointed out anywhere in the ad that drew me into the store.   After that he told the other employees that he agreed with my point and would make the adjustment for me on one bundle.

Here is the thread: http://slickdeals.net/f/8619874- ... 285094#post83285094
2016-3-30
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-3-30 12:55
Update: Actually this add is for if you buy the drone, then you get this package for an extra $100.0 ...

Nice! Best Buy here I come!
2016-3-30
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-30 12:42

http://slickdeals.net/f/8619874- ... 285094#post83285094]

This is how I was able to recreate the deal twice, good luck!!

Edit: there should also be screenshots there I posted of the webad
2016-3-30
Use props
mrwalleyeman1
lvl.2
United States

My transaction was pretty simple. I did not Have to try to buy the P3P.  I just took the 3 things to the check out and the cashier had to call a manager to help. I showed him the page of the ad.
He rang it up and then he manually applied the $76.97 discount.  I was at the checkout for about 3 minutes. In the store a total of about 10 minutes.
2016-3-30
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

mrwalleyeman1 Posted at 2016-3-30 12:49
My transaction was pretty simple. I did not Have to try to buy the P3P.  I just took the 3 things to ...

This was my same exact experience at one of the two BB's I went to.
2016-3-30
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

Just make sure you bring a copy of the ad with you to the checkout....let the fun begin. No matter what you'll leave with a battery. Just be persistent with the ad stating nothing about buying a drone to get this....

Worth the effort....Plus I just put my prop guards on Ebay! Battery will be even cheaper!
2016-3-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-30 12:42

Many folks complain about Best Buy,  I have had nothing but good experiences with them , Once I was having trouble with my I tunes loading up the RaR File for the 32 channel "Upgrade "....(Hack is such an ugly word). Anyhow, the  computer manager knows I buy a lot of stuff there and let me sysnc my I -pad with one of there display items so I could download the "RAR Config" file that I needed.  Also Best Buy  has a very generous return policy  and dont run you through the  inquisition to get it done .  I bought a Yuneec q500 there and was only getting maybe  800 feet of range and when I told the Manager there I was not to" thrilled" with it , he said bring it back, this was almost 40 days later mind you .  That is when I bought my first DJI Phantom Pro and was blown away !  I think you train people how you want to be treated, when you are cool to them , they will  be cool to you .  Karma is a big thing In my life along with the golden Rule.  They have not failed me yet.

Fly safe - donnie
2016-3-30
Use props
lheft
lvl.4
United States

Didn't work for me at one Best Buy. The guy had my phone and click on the link and it gave the drone bundle.

What have the successful people shown to BB? A print out?
2016-3-30
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

lheft Posted at 2016-3-30 13:42
Didn't work for me at one Best Buy. The guy had my phone and click on the link and it gave the drone ...

Have them pull it up on the PC,  the way it displays on mobile is a lot different.  Ask them to open the weekly ad on the website from the computer and go to page 30. Although maybe try a different BB,  I think your chances are better if you just explain you came in because of the bundle is advertised on their website rather than if you go in acknowledging that you know it is a mistake.
2016-3-30
Use props
waynelongop
lvl.2

Got the same deal.  Had to buy all three, but will now take back the prop guards for a $19.99 refund.  Have updated the new battery with latest firmware, ready to go fly.  I watched a U Tube video where I should not discharge below 50% for the first 10 charges.  Anyone care to comment on this as being accurate or not?
2016-3-30
Use props
waynelongop
lvl.2

Have them go to the weekly ad section and page 30.  I printed it off at home, but they also pulled it up at the store to verify.  I had him go to page 30.
2016-3-30
Use props
mrwalleyeman1
lvl.2
United States

When I did this yesterday I just took a screen shot on my iPad and then it automatically appeared on my iPhone and showed them the screenshot.
I showed the manager after I showed the cashier who needed the manager to override.
2016-3-30
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

waynelongop Posted at 2016-3-30 15:50
Got the same deal.  Had to buy all three, but will now take back the prop guards for a $19.99 refund ...

Many people say it's a myth, but I do it.   I figure for what the battery cost's better safe then sorry.  To me it's a good way to get some time in to make sure there are no defects before really testing it.   That said I don't believe it is in DJI's documentation and I can't really find any hard evidence supporting the practice (although I have noticed longer flight times after break in but that could be due to weather. I think they do recommend you discharge every 20 cycles or something along those lines.
2016-3-30
Use props
Rodomontade
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2563022 ft

United States

Just took advantage of this Best Buy deal today. Bought 2 sets. Manager had to do an override but all worked out in the end. Get em before the sale ends on Sunday.
2016-3-31
Use props
chrgnu
lvl.2

it totally worked for my at Best Buy in Fredericksburg, VA today.  no hassle or manager needed.  the bad part is, the kit only includes 2 props
2016-3-31
Use props
Rodomontade
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2563022 ft

United States

chrgnu Posted at 2016-4-1 08:56
it totally worked for my at Best Buy in Fredericksburg, VA today.  no hassle or manager needed.  the ...

Should have got 2 pair with the set. I ended up with 4 pair since I bought 2 kits. I have enough props to last a long time.
2016-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules