HDMI Output Module Inspire 1 Replacement
5614 13 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alfredosuna
lvl.3
Mexico

By any chance someone had to change the HDMI output module from the inspire 1 remote?? we notice that the USB from the master controller is getting loose, a lots of disconections between the controller and the ipad... Any way to sort the problem, without buying a new remote?? we know you can buy the module for the phantom series, but not for the inspire... maybe is the same??
2016-3-29
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

it is the same
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Yes, the HDMI module is the same
2016-3-30
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-30 19:35

Is that the little panel with USB, mini HDMI etc. on the back of the remote? I think I may also need to replace it. It seems to stop working when it gets warm enough and it doesn't happen much right now while it's cool or indoors with the air conditioning but when the summer comes, I'm sure it'll be a big problem.
2016-3-30
Use props
alfredosuna
lvl.3
Mexico

Thanks every one! Yes Hterag is that panel, searching for videos found this: it's seems very easy to do it.
2016-3-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, just in case you are interested. I fixed the loose connection on my USB connector on the remote. All you need to do is remove the plastic cover shown in your video below, and bend the four metal (triangle) tabs inward. This will put more friction on the USB connector when it is inserted. My connector is nice and tight again on my remote.
So, you do not need to buy a new HDMI module if this is all you are having trouble with.....
Rich
2016-3-30
Use props
alfredosuna
lvl.3
Mexico

Thanks for the recommendation Rich! i'm definitely going for that, i hope it's just that and not all the USB conector.
2016-3-31
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
China

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-31 09:32
So, just in case you are interested. I fixed the loose connection on my USB connector on the remote. ...

Thanks Rich, I'll give that a try and see if it makes a difference next time I'm out on a hot day.
2016-3-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

alfredosuna Posted at 2016-3-31 12:47
Thanks for the recommendation Rich! i'm definitely going for that, i hope it's just that and not all ...

I hope so too. Sometimes it is t he simple stuff that is all that is needed.

You don't need to bend the tabs very much.... just enough to crate some friction to hold the USB plug in the socket tightly....

Rich
2016-3-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hterag Posted at 2016-3-31 13:17
Thanks Rich, I'll give that a try and see if it makes a difference next time I'm out on a hot day.

Fingers crossed for you

Rich
2016-3-31
Use props
fansd126ac5e
New

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-30 03:35

Hi Tim. The HDMI output card on my inspire 1 remote got damage.  I read in a post where you said the phantom 3 HDMI card will work in the inspire 1 remote. Is this a sure thing. I have asked other people and some say no and some say yes. What do think.
2017-2-3
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

fansd126ac5e Posted at 2017-2-3 10:51
Hi Tim. The HDMI output card on my inspire 1 remote got damage.  I read in a post where you said the phantom 3 HDMI card will work in the inspire 1 remote. Is this a sure thing. I have asked other people and some say no and some say yes. What do think.

Yes, this is a sure thing.

I have replaced many of these boards on Inspire 1 controllers without ever having an issue.
2017-2-6
Use props
jim.jimrichard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12382 ft
United States

Hterag Posted at 2016-3-31 12:17
Thanks Rich, I'll give that a try and see if it makes a difference next time I'm out on a hot day.

Did bending those tabs work for you? I'm having the same issue with my remote. I don't want to have to spend $100 for a component that I may not need.
2018-2-25
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jim.jimrichard Posted at 2018-2-25 17:10
Did bending those tabs work for you? I'm having the same issue with my remote. I don't want to have to spend $100 for a component that I may not need.

Well, long story short, it was a short-term fix. In the end I went to the DJI shop and they took the controller for a few days and when I got it back it was fine. It also didn't get hot anymore, not sure what they did but I think they changed the board.
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules