Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
True Green TV Commercial
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpecialProjects
lvl.3
Flight distance : 441010 ft
United States

Just saw a True Green TV commercial where someone sends a Hawk aloft to attack the next door  neighbors drone while he is flying it over his own back yard.
    The drone crashes onto the ground which probably causes severe damage to the drone.
     This commercial makes the person who attacked the drone apear that he is a "hero" as he deystroys someone else's property.
     I am furious at this. What happened to our society?  
    Wouldn't it be so much more neighborly to go talk to the neighbor rather than try to damage the drone?
   Besides flying the drone is not illegal. There are some real idiot advertising executives out there. I have emailed this company and encourage you to do the same.

2016-3-29
Use props
SpecialProjects
lvl.3

Here is link to commercial.   http://youtu.be/xS3CHlkQ9JI
2016-3-29
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Well stupid commercial, but it is showing a drone owner being a creep going into the others neighbors yard.
Clearly hired the cheapest marketing firm to do that ad.
2016-3-29
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

SpecialProjects Posted at 2016-3-29 13:22
Here is link to commercial.   http://youtu.be/xS3CHlkQ9JI

I just saw the commercial myself. I don't agree with you. The idiot with the drone was clearly spying in his neighbors back yard picnic. He flew from his own backyard, over the fence that separates the two backyards, and over his neighbors picnic table to spy on them!. I would have taken out the drone too.
2016-3-29
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

It just makes RC pilots look like creepers, The public already thinks we can zoom in on them and take there picture for nefarious reasons.  

Sick of it really

Thanks for sharing  SP- donnie
2016-3-29
Use props
JustGoThere
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41778 ft
United States

I'm pretty sure (don't have the exact link handy..) but, 500' above your property is no longer "your" property, it becomes free airspace... (in the USA)
(I'm almost sure that here in Wisconsin where I live it's only 90' above your property that you own)

(however, yes, I'm against the snooping stuff like everyone else...)
Just wanted to point out that the air above your head becomes free air space at a certain point... and short of a projectile, there's probably not too much you can do about people filming you outside....
2016-3-29
Use props
SpecialProjects
lvl.3

I did not see anything in that commercial that promoted lawn care. The motive seems to be only to put our drone flying hobby in s bad light. Who at True Green felt that giving drone flying deserves this. And even though the drone flyer may not have been doing the correct thing, the other homeowner had no legal right to try and destroy the drone.   Also I believe the commercial I saw on tv was edited shorter and never showed the drone flying over the other yard. This commercial does not promote neighborly actions.
2016-3-29
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

SpecialProjects Posted at 2016-3-30 09:08
I did not see anything in that commercial that promoted lawn care. The motive seems to be only to pu ...

Great post.
2016-3-29
Use props
SpecialProjects
lvl.3
United States

Great way to promote good neighborly relations. What if the neighbor was just taking video of their beautiful lawn to promote TruGreen lawn care?
2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules