DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ v3 SYSTEM FAILURE and CRASH - GoPro footage!
1115 2 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j4m3sy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 596798 ft
  • >>>
Finland

This is the unfortunate events that unfolded with the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ v3. Just out of warranty, and after 12 months service (with 20 flights) the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ v3 behaved slightly erratically, lost video feed and then tumbled into the water:

YouTube link:
It is at 1 minute and 4 seconds that the crash happens. The device would not respond to any command from the remote controller, so landing was not an option.

The screenshot was the last video feed we had from the device. We recovered the machine from the water and recovered the corrupted video file from the SD Card. DJI should be aware of these issues - if this had happened over people there could be serious implications!!

We were lucky enough we had the GoPro recording at the time this happened - otherwise we would have only the story to tell. Instead we have this video (Picture-in-picture added for context). Hats off to Finn for going into the water and getting the device! I will raise this to DJI via the support channels (however I am certain the warranty is over as it was purchased Feburary/March 2015).

Such a sad shame to a device we had a lot of faith and trust in!!

2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I'm sorry for your experience! Please contact your local DJI support center about this issue. GERMANY
0049 9771 17730 00
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 3:00PM (GMT+1)
2016-3-29
Use props
j4m3sy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 596798 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi,

I have contacted them.

Thanks, James