Vision 2 + vs Phantom 2 with HD-3D & GoPro
1353 6 2015-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adrianmizzi1983
lvl.2

Malta

Ive decided I want one so now I am just trying to decide which to go for.  What do you think and why?

Thanks

2015-1-12
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Hi,

I can tell you wat I prefer, but that's not gonna help you. You need to read about the differences and the invilved costs and then decide which is best for your needs. I fyou prefer an out-of-the-box solution, don't wanto to open up the body shell and solder, then go for the Vision. If you would like a stable picture, then you need the Vision+ with a gimbal. This is also your choise if you wish to use the groundstation to program way points and to use FPV on your phone or tablet.

You'll have more options to customize your Phantom if you buy a Phantom (non vision). Install an OSD, video transmitter, goPro and so on.

This forum is full of threads discussing the differences. Just take some time to read through them, then deside.

2015-1-12
Use props
adrianmizzi1983
lvl.2

Malta

markus2015 Posted at 2015-1-13 01:25
Hi,

I can tell you wat I prefer, but that's not gonna help you. You need to read about the differen ...

Yes, I am currenlty reading up as much as I can.  What do you mean by 'don't wanto to open up the body shell and solder' ?
2015-1-12
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

adrianmizzi1983 Posted at 2015-1-13 01:31
Yes, I am currenlty reading up as much as I can.  What do you mean by 'don't wanto to open up the  ...

If you get a phantom 2 (non vision) and want to add a OSD (on screen display) and a video transmitter to use FPV (fitst person view) then you'll have to take off the top body shell and solder wires (or get a plug-and-play cable)

(From ThatHP
2015-1-12
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

In terms of total price for the setup, you will spend a good bit more for the GoPro setup - and you won't have many of the features such as being able to control the camera (pics, video, etc.) from the ground.

On the other hand, the GP4 will take better video.  But that setup is more difficult to integrate - if you have to "hit and run" with your photos and vids, the P2V+ will be much quicker to setup and take down on the job

If I were doing nothing but video in varied levels of lighting (times of day, etc.), I'd probably spring for the GP4 solution. But for ease of use, stills and some video (more sensitive to proper outdoor light conditions), I'd get the integrated package.
2015-1-12
Use props
adrianmizzi1983
lvl.2

Malta

Leaning towards vision 2 plus..  Would a new drone purchased directly from dji need updating out of the box?  Im based in Malta and no retailers here...
2015-1-12
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

adrianmizzi1983 Posted at 2015-1-13 03:27
Leaning towards vision 2 plus..  Would a new drone purchased directly from dji need updating out of  ...

I am a recent purchaser toward end of December direct from DJI and mine came all updated.  I did plug it in to check though.

One thing I did do was calibrate the transmitter as it seemed to be a bit off...  I used the RC assistant software to do that.
Hope it helps.  
2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules