14635 95 2016-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-3-31 23:14
Nah.

DJI instruction video teaches you its a problem.

This has been hashed out a million and one times already. If you think an incredibly unlikely stick maneuver is a problem despite it being very common in the RC aircraft world for decades and the only people complaining about it are people just entering the arena and loudly proclaiming they know everything and think a never-used stick position is an issue, then 1) don't buy the product or 2) buy a stick guard.
2016-4-1
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

lido_bmt Posted at 2016-4-1 13:05
This has been hashed out a million and one times already. If you think an incredibly unlikely stic ...

Boohoo?

People like you are backwards. People like you will not lead to advancements.

This is clearly an ergonomics and human-to-device interaction issue. It is not wise to mix shutting off power with motion input controls. I don't care what you say. Its not a good way to implement it the way it is IMO.

Will you buy a car that tells you breaks work by stepping on or flooring the gas peddle and steering hard left? No, that is retarded. Imagine you wanted to break on a highway doing 70mph. I don't care if you can cite that its been used successfully for decades. I prefer a dedicated break peddle, thank you very much.
2016-4-1
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-1
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

At least in P3P, both sticks down will NOT CSC unless you're on the floor, and that's because left stick down, does turn off the motors, so any stick + left stick down, does shut down the motors.
I'll test tomorrow if both 5 or both 7 does CSC, but i think it's just because it's on the floor and it takes the "left stick full down + anything else".
2016-4-1
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Chile

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-31 02:37
awe you are such a pro, remember this isn't just about you mate, do you have a friend that perhaps ...

You should NOT let your kid fly the drone. He might as fell drive it right into his face and end up with some serious injuries, and that's a lot more easy to do than an accidental CSC.
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

LordNeo Posted at 2016-4-2 01:51
At least in P3P, both sticks down will NOT CSC unless you're on the floor, and that's because left s ...

On a P3, both stick to the bottom inside corners or outside corners will execute a CSC in flight.
Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 11.02.24 AM.png
2016-4-1
Use props
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-4-2 01:15
Boohoo?

People like you are backwards. People like you will not lead to advancements.

Please. I have no problem with moving forward AND changing the motor cut off command. But not when it's implemented in this haphazard, sorta-one model, sort of the other, both work on this model, but not this one, oh and it's barely documented kind of way.

If you change something that well-ingrained in a community, you do so with a clean break: lots of clear documentation, clear delineations, and zero overlap. This was the equivalent of someone cutting paper with a hacksaw.
2016-4-1
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Chile

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-31 13:12
it's simple,  honestly when would you even want to do this as a controlled drop to destroy your air ...

Like i've stated in previous threads about this, i've done it, in my country is required to perform CSC in cases where it could crash with people or private property.
Also, it's required to fly with a parachute for this kind of events.
When i registered my drone i had to perform it twice, the first time i was afraid the parachute will not open, so i did the CSC too slow and it spiraled out of control before CSC. The second time it did about 1 and a half complete turn while moving the sticks to CSC position.
A few weeks ago i had to do another CSC in order to avoid crashing into power lines because of strong wind.
In all this cases the MARS parachute saved the drone without any harm.
2016-4-1
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-1 14:03
On a P3, both stick to the bottom inside corners or outside corners will execute a CSC in flight.

Looked deep into the firmware for the P3 and Yes you could remove the CSC commands on the remote.
So for the development team, a change with in the GUI app and firmware to have a Boolean method to enable CSC would be possible.  Will they do it? doubtful...

I personally do not like the CSC in mid air command, but that is just me. {:3_58:}
I would think the logic would be if the bird registers as more then 15 degrees off the horizontal plane to enact the stop motor command.
2016-4-1
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Chile

Nink Posted at 2016-3-31 17:58
Then why did Did DJI bother to put out a video saying it and put on the list number 1 CSC  pilot er ...

From my experience, it takes about 1sec (not 3) but certainly is not instant like the video above.
2016-4-1
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Chile

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-31 18:46
Bet most accidental csc is during flying ioc.  No one in their right mind would fly in a way that wo ...

There was a case of a guy doing CSC while using IOC. He was spiraling on the way back home. The only true CSC crash i've seen on this forum (Since when i got my phantom on november or so)
2016-4-1
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Chile

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-1 15:03

I said down, not on the corners.
The video showed both sticks down as if it were a CSC command, when it's just the normal "left stick down" turn off command.
BTW, why don't someone erases the damn video once for all? We have this thread every week and it's really tiring trying to argue with something on a video that doesn't have backup from any evidence.
2016-4-1
Use props
userf76c115fb4
New

United Kingdom

does the sticks have to be pushed at the same time for this to happen
2016-8-31
Use props
userf76c115fb4
New

United Kingdom

does the stciks have to be pushed at the same time for this to happen
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

userf76c115fb4 Posted at 2016-8-31 21:02
does the sticks have to be pushed at the same time for this to happen

The emergency CSC to shut the motors down while in the air is different from the P3 to the P4.
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
2016-8-31
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ken, the manuals are inconsistent!

The P4 tells you how to start and stop ON THE GROUND.
Then it tells you how to do mid-flight.

The P3 tells you how to start and stop - THEN tells you "don't do this mid-flight or your motors will shut off"....

Shouldn't both manuals address it in a similar fashion? First, list the normal events. Then list an emergency procedure.
2016-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules