Tip for p4 gimbal lock
2992 19 2016-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Just for positioning reasons with putting it in the provided case and keeping minimal tension on the gimbal suspension internally I just used the tip of a sharpie and made a little dot on gimbal lock and landing gear to show proper alignment.  Very quick and easy to align up marks and unload tension and easily get it back into the case.   

On mobile app and can't get pic uploaded because it keeps failing. Will post pic soon
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

I am looking forward to it. Seems creative.
2016-3-30
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

heres the pic.  just a simple dot that shows allignment
gimbal lock.JPG
2016-3-31
Use props
hyperspace12
New

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-1 00:04

Actually, you can find the alignment mark underneath it on the rubber pad.
2016-4-1
Use props
Bobcape3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135787 ft
United States

hyperspace12 Posted at 2016-4-1 12:03
Actually, you can find the alignment mark underneath it on the rubber pad.

Not all of the P4's have the scribed marks on the landing gear. Mine does not.  I just drew a line on each side of the lock on the bottom of the landing gear.  Easy enough.

Bob
2016-4-1
Use props
TK-421
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-1
Use props
stshields91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1483635 ft

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-2 02:58
This is true. My first P4 had gimbal lock indentations on each rubber landing skid, but my second  ...

On the topic of gimbal locks... does anyone happen to have the link that someone posted a week or so back to a gimbal lock that holds from the bottom only allowing it to work while an ND Filter is installed?  Someone had 3d printed it...
2016-4-3
Use props
hyperspace12
New

Bobcape3 Posted at 2016-4-2 00:08
Not all of the P4's have the scribed marks on the landing gear. Mine does not.  I just drew a line ...

I see. This is really weird...
2016-4-8
Use props
corymp
lvl.1

Canada

If you are using the case the P4 was shipped in, just drop the gimble lock into the case where it belongs then lower the p4 into the case while adjusting the camera to fit the gimble lock. Press down firmly on both sides of the landing gear snapping it into the gimble lock. I find this way, it always lines up where it's supposed to be.... Welcome to comments on this.

Also I'm wondering if it's even neccessary to use it...
2016-4-21
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

corymp@gmail.co Posted at 2016-4-21 13:55
If you are using the case the P4 was shipped in, just drop the gimble lock into the case where it be ...

It should be used with out a doubt.  With out it the camera flops all around and has no stability.  

Just laying the lock in the case and pushing the drone down seems like a pain. Having to align the camera while pushing.   New models have an alignment mark.  Mine didn't.  With the mark you just clip one side. Then align camera and clip other.  Very easy.  But a pain if no marks at all.
2016-4-21
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-1 11:58
This is true. My first P4 had gimbal lock indentations on each rubber landing skid, but my second  ...

Yes this is true i've had both  variants of P4s one with and with out the gimbal marks on the landing gear  rubber strip.
2016-4-21
Use props
Buy Low
lvl.2

United States

stshields91 Posted at 2016-4-3 16:01
On the topic of gimbal locks... does anyone happen to have the link that someone posted a week or  ...

2 minutes with a dremel tool and I trimmed the gimbal lock to accommodate the screw on ND filter.  Works like a champ.
2016-4-21
Use props
fraggdya
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Buy Low Posted at 2016-4-21 20:34
2 minutes with a dremel tool and I trimmed the gimbal lock to accommodate the screw on ND filter.  ...

Got a pic of that buylow please?
2016-4-21
Use props
Buy Low
lvl.2

United States

Gimbal lock mod

Gimbal lock mod

Need to clean it up a but but it works fine

2016-4-21
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-1 00:04

I've been doing the same. I used my label maker and just put "L" and "R" and the spot to place  the lock at the top of the label.

There really isn't much sense to the L and the R but as you would have to be an idiot to not know which is which because of the lens protector but it gives you a spot.  I guess I prefer to use stickers. Some people are using exacto blades to cut a spot on the skids.

I like my way.  That way, there are no permanent marks.  Thanks for sharing.
2016-4-21
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

projeffrey11 Posted at 2016-4-22 02:23
Yes this is true i've had both  variants of P4s one with and with out the gimbal marks on the land ...

I've heard that some came that way.

I find it almost amazing, the inconsistencies from DJI just in general.  Packaging being different, different things wrong with different birds.  There is like 40 issues although none are official and they are all different. It's pretty nutty if you ask me and the inconsistencies speak to it.

I still have one perfect one and I am trying really hard to get a second.
2016-4-21
Use props
Buy Low
lvl.2

United States

Previous post edited to add photo. Easy fix for gimbal lock figment when used with lens filters with knurled feature. This along with a simple Sharpie mark for gimbal snap on to landing gear location resolves both issues.
2016-4-22
Use props
fraggdya
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Buy Low Posted at 2016-4-22 03:34
Need to clean it up a but but it works fine

thanks fella!
2016-4-22
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

stshields91 Posted at 2016-4-3 17:01
On the topic of gimbal locks... does anyone happen to have the link that someone posted a week or  ...

Stshields91, go to multicopterwarehouse.com and under P4 parts, they have them for sale there.  

http://www.multicopterwarehouse. ... ntom-4-gimbal-clamp
2016-5-14
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Bobcape3 Posted at 2016-4-1 08:08
Not all of the P4's have the scribed marks on the landing gear. Mine does not.  I just drew a line on each side of the lock on the bottom of the landing gear.  Easy enough.

Bob

Me to !  
2020-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules