DJI what is the hold up getting the iOS app to apple.
3418 13 2015-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

Has DJI submitted the iOS app to apple.? If no why not? It takes 10 days or more for apple to approve and make available from App Store.
2015-1-12
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309626 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because it crashes often enough to force a hard reset? Apple never approved the lightbridge app, that was almost a year ago. I don't expect they will approve this either but you never know.
2015-1-12
Use props
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

AnticipateMedia Posted at 2015-1-13 03:25
Because it crashes often enough to force a hard reset? Apple never approved the lightbridge app, tha ...

Your saying the app is the cause of some of the crashes that have been reported. Shame on DJI
2015-1-12
Use props
Johnic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132723 ft
United States

Following along
2015-1-12
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once again rumors... The new ipads are using a new hardware decoder that isn't stable yet.. This is why no crashes are reported on the iPad Air 1.
2015-1-12
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309626 ft
  • >>>
United States

To be clear the app crashes. Not the aircraft.  its scary but nothing is falling out of the sky. Yet.
2015-1-12
Use props
royb4th
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1330883 ft
United States

The app is already released and I doubt they will release it on iTunes since it's limited to 3 downloads for each serial number. You can find the download page at m.dji.net/djipilot (Make sure you are on your iOS device).
2015-1-12
Use props
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

royb4th Posted at 2015-1-13 10:58
The app is already released and I doubt they will release it on iTunes since it's limited to 3 downl ...

The app can be downloaded and installed on iOS devices without a serial number already. If the app was distributed through the Apple App store as required by Apple's TOS, no serial number would be required either.

The adhoc distribution of the app DJI has employed is only allowed by Apple when beta testing apps. Hence the requirement to enter a serial number to download the App. At the start, DJI tried to do the right thing and make sure that only people testing the Inspire 1 could gain access to the App. Since they were late submitting the final app to the App Store, and Apple hasn't approved the App yet, they decided to leave their Adhoc system in place. I'm not sure what the consequences are for developers that violate the TOS, but I doubt anything bad will happen to DJI for doing this.

This link will allow anyone with an iOS device to download and install the App, even if they don't have a serial number:
http://t.co/HSqfP1KJee
2015-1-12
Use props
donutcritic
lvl.1

United States

Joola Posted at 2015-1-13 11:39
The app can be downloaded and installed on iOS devices without a serial number already. If the app ...

Neither link in this thread seems to work.  m.dji.net/djipilot pops up a dialog saying the app isn't officially available.

Has anyone spied a new link to download the DJI Pilot app?
2015-1-16
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

donutcritic@yah Posted at 2015-1-16 22:18
Neither link in this thread seems to work.  m.dji.net/djipilot pops up a dialog saying the app isn ...

I tried and the link does not work for me either.
2015-1-16
Use props
CoastalBird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 692041 ft
United States

I cannot download the app to my iPad either.
2015-1-16
Use props
shaungish
lvl.2

United States

My understanding is that the issue is actually due to DJI using lightning/usb to send/receive video.  This is not something that apple is currently allowing hence DJI cannot get their lightbridge app approved (which the pilot app is based on).  The adhoc method of distributing apps is highly frowned upon by Apple... which I'm assuming is why all mention of iOS devices has been erased for the time being.
2015-1-16
Use props
rm
lvl.1

Mexico

This is just not fair from DJI, they even have a tutorial on their site using the iPad!
Does any one know if it's available elsewhere
2015-2-8
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

rm@ansamx.com Posted at 2015-2-9 00:11
This is just not fair from DJI, they even have a tutorial on their site using the iPad!
Does any one ...

rm,

go on the 24/7 chat line and ask them if they can provide a new link to download teh iOS 0.9.2 version  and they will simply send you a link that you open in your iPad.  That is if you cant wait for the official authorised release.
2015-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules