Best tablet for daylight viewing
12Next >
14384 72 2016-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neville.dearden
New

United Kingdom

Does anyone recommend a tablet for vewing the flight using DJI Go software. I am having two problems:

1. My Samsung tablet is great but is a 10.5" version which will just not fit into the bracket on the controller. (Why didn't DJI think of this or offer a slightly larger bracket as this is easily replaced?)

2. My smaller Samsung, tablet, (New SM-T230), is barely visible in daylight even when the brightness is turned up fully.

Any suggestions based on experience will be appreciated, thanks.

2016-3-31
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No tablet is very good in daylight.
Find a shady tree.
2016-3-31
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Have a look on the web (example Amazon) at extended mounts for the holder bracket to use your 10.5" Samsung. Many extenders exist, they are inexpensive and work fine.
Have fun & good flying!
2016-3-31
Use props
neville.dearden
New

United Kingdom

johnsr Posted at 2016-3-31 09:22
Have a look on the web (example Amazon) at extended mounts for the holder bracket to use your 10.5"  ...

Thanks,
I looked on DJI site assuming they would have the only available extensions!
2016-3-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Using my iPad Air 2 64gb Cellular, is a dream come true for me. The screen is large and bright.
Turning down the screen contrast can sometimes help elleviate that dreaded Sun star glare and reflection.
Try not to fly between 10:00am ~ 2:00pm, when the Sun is at it brightest height for the day.

You can make yourself a simple sunshade and be in the brightest light, without a problem seeing the screen.

RedHotPoker

2016-3-31
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
France

Speaking of sunshades, the problem is the angle of the upper shade. If it is at 90° to the tablet (usual configuration) you will see your own reflection. As a good design example have a look at the PadHat from  HoodiVision. As RedHotPoker suggests you can easily make your own (see my photos).
Have fun!

DFX_1788_LR.jpg
DBR_6577_LR.jpg
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hi,here is the recommend list of the mobile devices: 兼容列表.JPG

2016-3-31
Use props
crschol7
lvl.1

United States

They all stink... even with the shade...
2016-3-31
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

I bought a hood from hoodman.  If you buy both pieces, it completely blocks all sunlight in any condition.
2016-3-31
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

Buy a hood from hoodman, both pieces.  Blocks out 100% of light.
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

No matter what device you use, none of them work well in the sun. You need a sunshade.
There'a also some military grade screen protector that I saw and from the video it worked great in direct sunlight and you could still easily see the screen. I was going to order fro my iPad Air ($25) but cannot find the website anymore.
2016-3-31
Use props
Rebel Gal
lvl.2

United States

I use the IPad air 2 and I love it in all conditions.

Just make sure you use the replacement stability bracket.
Make every thing solid as a rock , well worth it, cheap insurance

I got my from FAA Drone Decals

Great service and product ...check it out
2016-3-31
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

I use a shade by Hoodman.  With both pieces, it blocks out 100% of light.  Best purchase I've made other than drone itself.
2016-3-31
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

I use a hood by Hoodman.  Blocks out all the light with both pieces.
2016-3-31
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

Look into Hoodman.  Blocks out all light.
2016-3-31
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

Look into Hoodman.  Blocks out all light.
2016-3-31
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

johnsr Posted at 2016-3-31 01:51
Speaking of sunshades, the problem is the angle of the upper shade. If it is at 90° to the tablet ( ...

A hood by Hoodman blocks out all light.
2016-3-31
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

johnsr Posted at 2016-3-31 01:51
Speaking of sunshades, the problem is the angle of the upper shade. If it is at 90° to the tablet ( ...

2016-3-31
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-31 09:13
No matter what device you use, none of them work well in the sun. You need a sunshade.
There'a also  ...

If you find that web site. I would love to order one as well. Please share
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

joshhill Posted at 2016-4-1 12:21
If you find that web site. I would love to order one as well. Please share

I have a great sunshade from Hoodivision but if I'm flying in strong winds the sunshade flies off.
I will try and find the website again, I can't believe I didn't save.
I even ordered it a few weeks ago and I guess somehow I didn't because there's no record of it and it never showed up at my house
2016-3-31
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-31 23:42
I have a great sunshade from Hoodivision but if I'm flying in strong winds the sunshade flies off. ...

I did a quick search. I found this one. http://www.nushield.com   
Not sure if this is it, but it looks legit.
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

joshhill Posted at 2016-4-1 12:45
I did a quick search. I found this one. http://www.nushield.com   
Not sure if this is it, but it  ...

My gosh,  THAT'S IT. You are the man, thank you very much sir. I am ordering now.
Thanks again
2016-3-31
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-1 01:06
My gosh,  THAT'S IT. You are the man, thank you very much sir. I am ordering now.
Thanks again

No problem. Glad I could help. I am on the fence about ordering. I think I will wait as a just bought a cheaper one off amazon ( which I'm sure doesn't work as good ), but if I get one more package delivered my wife may kill me. If you could when you get it in could you let me know how it compares to other anti glare shields you have tried ? Thanks
2016-3-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-1 00:42
I have a great sunshade from Hoodivision but if I'm flying in strong winds the sunshade flies off. ...

You know they have the wing struts for the Hoodi now. Or I would put Velcro on the back of iPad and Hoodi.
How do you like the Hoodi? Does it do a good job or is it still difficult to see in daylight?
Thanks
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

joshhill Posted at 2016-4-1 14:16
No problem. Glad I could help. I am on the fence about ordering. I think I will wait as a just bou ...

I bought all kinds of the cheaper ones and NONE worked very well. I'm hoping this one works for the $25.
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rayrokni Posted at 2016-4-1 14:22
You know they have the wing struts for the Hoodi now. Or I would put Velcro on the back of iPad an ...

I like the sunshade, but like any that are the same shape you have to be standing correctly and even then in direct sunlight it works but not like being indoors. If this NuShield thing works like it claims I'll be really happy.
2016-3-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-1 02:34
I like the sunshade, but like any that are the same shape you have to be standing correctly and ev ...

I'm ordering the nushield dayvue not the triple A film as they say the triple A will darken the screen In Sun light.
Also they say it works well in "shade", so I believe we will still need a good visor. I'm torn between the Hoodi or  the hoodmanusa.com visor which in fact is the visor sold with the parrot bebop drone. I have used that visor with my bebop and it worked great, as your entire face is at the opening, but it's pretty cumbersome and may also frighten people!!!!
That's why I asked what you think of the Hoodi.
2016-3-31
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

I would go with the dayvue as well if I decide to order. You guys please let me know how they work. I'm about to just order, the wife will get over it!!
2016-3-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

joshhill Posted at 2016-4-1 02:49
I would go with the dayvue as well if I decide to order. You guys please let me know how they work.  ...

If she got over the p3, she sure won't mind this purchase.
2016-3-31
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2016-4-1 01:51
If she got over the p3, she sure won't mind this purchase.

Lol! I just got the psa about a month ago, and it seems like everyday I order something else for it. I would just like to be sure this 25$ shield works better than the 12 $ one I just bought, but screw it I'm pulling the trigger! Lol
2016-3-31
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

Done ordered the dayvue. Hope it is as advertised. Not sure when I will receive it!
2016-3-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

joshhill Posted at 2016-4-1 03:25
Done ordered the dayvue. Hope it is as advertised. Not sure when I will receive it!

Hey, let me know how it works for you, mine should be here next week sometime.
2016-3-31
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-1 06:42

The Hoodivision sunshade come in two types one with Velcro style loop & hook attachments and one with magnets. Mine is the Velcro style and works quite well in the wind. However, you need to use the loop wing tabs and not the Nanostick tabs, as it's much more secure in wind. In addition as was already mentioned, you should buy a pair of their wing struts to keep the hood form stable in the wind.
Have fun!

Note: I added a Velcro secured band to the back of the hood to keep the entire assembly on the RC controller in case it is bumped (see photos).

DFX_1875.jpg

DFX_1877.jpg
2016-3-31
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
France

Larsenandson Posted at 2016-4-1 06:08

Yes, the design is quite good, close to full FPV googles. I use their products on all my DSLR cameras. In our application however, I prefer the HoodiVision type because I find it sufficient and it allows me to work visually with the Phantom, while glancing down to adjust camera settings and framing. On a very bright day, if you are constantly peering into a dark hood and quickly look up to see what risks are around your bird, it's rather blinding. That's just a personal view.
Have fun!
2016-4-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

johnsr Posted at 2016-4-1 03:53
The Hoodivision sunshade come in two types one with Velcro style loop & hook attachments and one w ...

Thanks for the info. And I take it that you are happy with its performance in the sun?
2016-4-1
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
France

rayrokni Posted at 2016-4-1 10:03
Thanks for the info. And I take it that you are happy with its performance in the sun?

Yes, but I I need to say that I have been flying in the Paris region, no experience yet in very sunny beach or snow sites. Though I expect it will be correct; I 'll see in May when I head south for some rock-climbing & hiking.
2016-4-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

johnsr Posted at 2016-4-1 04:11
Yes, but I I need to say that I have been flying in the Paris region, no experience yet in very su ...

Have fun and be safe.
2016-4-1
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

I bought DJI Remote Controller Monitor Hood:
http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... or-hood-smartphones
http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... onitor-hood-tablets
They are reasonably priced, light, foldable and look nice.
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Wow, looks like a bunch of you ordered the DayVue, I ordered that one as well.
I'm hoping it works great. We will see.
2016-4-1
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

johnsr Posted at 2016-3-31 16:51

Has anyone tried this one by Hoodman? My local store says it's great.

Hoodman link

It's a 2 piece kit available for Phones, Mini and full size tablets.
2016-4-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules