Gimbal and Main Controller Disconnected
9266 17 2016-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

Trying to get my new P4 into the air for the first time but not having much luck.  Have updated firmware on both Aircraft and RC.  After switching on Aircraft the gimbal does its dance and then nothing else happens - no LEDs on Aircraft.  DJI Go app does connect to the camera but under Overall Status an error is showing that reads "Gimbal and Main Controller Disconnected"  app also shows flight mode as N/A and battery status as N/A - have tried with spare battery and get the same problem.  Any Help much appreciated before I try DJI support - thanks
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hi,could you post a screenshot of this error here? Is the upgrading result successful?
2016-3-31
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Here you go - yes the firmware updates appeared to complete ok

IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

birdingbilly Posted at 2016-3-31 19:20
Here you go - yes the firmware updates appeared to complete ok

With the latest IOS or android app right?
2016-3-31
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
United Kingdom

yes latest IOS - after about a dozen attempts to re-install the latest firmware the P4 finally sprang to life - no idea why ! - I am now airborne at last
2016-4-1
Use props
asprahin
New

Russia

I first start with exactly the error "Gimbal and Main Controller Disconnected" Trying to update the firmware and The program of the error occurs after the downloading of the driver at the time of installation . What do you recommend ?
2016-4-6
Use props
asprahin
New

Russia

birdingbilly Posted at 2016-4-2 04:26
yes latest IOS - after about a dozen attempts to re-install the latest firmware the P4 finally spran ...

Hello! I have an error such as you . But do not put the firmware . What do you advise ? You posed piercing everything is OK ?
2016-4-6
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
United Kingdom

asprahin Posted at 2016-4-7 00:12
Hello! I have an error such as you . But do not put the firmware . What do you advise ? You posed ...

I just kept on trying to re-install the firmware, each time it failed I re-booted the P4 and tried again - eventually after many atempts the firmware re-installed and the P4 sprang to life - I'm afraid I have no idea what the problem was
2016-4-6
Use props
florian.rochere
New

United States

Hello,

I am having exactly the same issue, same messages.

I was updated to the lattest version for both RC and aircraft.

This append after a crash due to the same reason as described here : http://forum.dji.com/thread-46542-1-1.html.
!
The aircraft seems not to have any pysical problem.

Now I need to upgrade the aircraft firmware cause the firmware is mark as "unknown" in the DJI GO app.
The P4 is beeping after i start it and never stop. (B-B-B-B-B........)

After downloading the firmware from DJI Assistant 2, the upgrade fails.

If anyone already had this problem and resolved it, please let me know
2016-4-9
Use props
alexandr.abrame
lvl.1

Russia

Hi.The same problem.
New sealed box of Phantom 4 and App IOS write message "gimbal and main controller disconnected. contact dji support if this..."Fly times: 0
Firmware is not update, because is not working.  How resolved this problem? Order Number:  001168839816
video:

2016-4-22
Use props
alexandr.abrame
lvl.1

Russia

May be I can update via SD card? or it's imposible?
2016-4-22
Use props
alexandr.abrame
lvl.1

Russia

2016-4-24
Use props
alexandr.abrame
lvl.1

Russia

2016-4-24
Use props
przemass6
New

Poland

Any solution? I have similar. Is it aircraft damaged or another thing?
2016-6-25
Use props
przemass6
New

Poland

Dear dji employees. Please write something about this.
2016-6-25
Use props
KeDaJo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109688 ft
Australia

It may or may not be your issue, but I had this same error due to having something metallic in the vicinity of the gimbal. Maybe ensure you do not have the aircraft on a metal bench or have a wallet, keys,  phone, etc near it.
2016-10-30
Use props
SupWidU5
New
United States

KeDaJo Posted at 2016-10-30 05:08
It may or may not be your issue, but I had this same error due to having something metallic in the vicinity of the gimbal. Maybe ensure you do not have the aircraft on a metal bench or have a wallet, keys,  phone, etc near it.

Did dji ever come up with something to help you get going?  I have the same problem it’s getting frustrating.
2019-12-28
Use props
Gifted0n3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87454 ft
Mauritius

i know this thread is about phantom but i am searching for a solutions with my inspire 2. it just all of a sudden started doing the same no matter what i do i can not get it working
2020-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules