Where are settings stored?
3094 14 2016-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dirtdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3633799 ft
United States

I have been using iPad so far but also want to use my phone and NVidia Shield. Are the various GO app settings stored in the app or in the remote? Or is there a way to upload to a cloud for retrieval from any device?
2016-3-31
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Most settings are stored in the Phantom
2016-3-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-31 15:58
Most settings are stored in the Phantom

I second Labroides  ascertation .  Most are stored in the aircraft itself. That is why it is important to shut down and start in the proper sequence.  When changes to the settings are made this is very crucial , otherwise they will disappear next time you go to fly .
Power up in this sequence:
1-Transmitter
2-Aircraft
2-Go-App

Power Down
1- Aircraft
2- Transmitter
3- Go App

If you notice the Aircraft is powered off first, this will "Lock " The changes made to it, also if you turned the Transmitter off first, there is the slim chance of a rogue frequency launching the aircraft.  That is Why You Power Up the Transmitter first as well, to negate any rogue signal.

Fly safe- Brother donnie
2016-3-31
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
United States

Wow thanks. Nice to know where settings are but the sequence is bigger. I've been turning off correctly but been turning on the craft first.
2016-3-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dirtdroner Posted at 2016-3-31 17:56
Wow thanks. Nice to know where settings are but the sequence is bigger. I've been turning off correc ...

No, always the Transmitter ( ON )  first, this is because what if someone else has there transmitter on up to 3 miles away, your aircraft could catch that signal and be gone.  The way outlined is the best practice for all RC devices.  Most importantly it locks in your changes if you make any when powering off.

Not my first rodeo , almost 30 years experience....................wow, I sound like my DAD !!

Edit *** Please Note , more than likely the aircraft is not going to fly off on you, but the order of Power I reccomend is the Industry standard.  It may not be another Transmitter but some other signal that coluld cause undesired effects.   

- cheers - brother donnie  

2016-3-31
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
United States

I just always turned on the drone first so it could start locking in GPS. I will stop that for sure.
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Don‘t worry, most of the MC settings and camera settings are stored in the drone as what they said above. It would be better to check and make the settings right before flight
2016-3-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 11:24
No always the Transmitter ( ON )  first, this is because what if someone else has there transmitte ...

'this is because what if someone else has there transmitter on up to 3 miles away, your aircraft could catch that signal and be gone.'

Sorry, but this will not happen. Each aircraft can only bind to one controller. It used to be the case with non-digital RC transmissions, but not now.
2016-3-31
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 22:15
I knew this could not last with you, do you know home many time's I have have seen your post that h ...

When the information in a post is quite wrong and misleading, you should expect it to be corrected.
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-1 02:05
'this is because what if someone else has there transmitter on up to 3 miles away, your aircraft co ...

Thanks for pointing this out .  I have been RC enthusiast for close to 30 years, Old habits die hard, I guess.... I cant blame you though,  with your youth and Inexperience you did know this rule of basic  RC etiquette.

Cheers -donnie

2016-4-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 22:38
Thanks for pointing this out .  I have been RC enthusiast for close to 30 years, Old habits die har ...

I prefaced the reply with sorry, what more do you want. If you want to publish these hints for people, then you need to get onto a solid technical footing. There is no chance of a rogue transmitter affecting your Phantom because they only establish a unique digitally locked connection between transmitter and receiver.

"Thanks for pointing this out .  I have been RC enthusiast for close to 30 years, Old habits die hard, I guess.... I cant blame you though,  with your youth and Inexperience you did know this rule of basic  RC etiquette.'

Where the hell do you get off making wild assumptions about my age and experience, you don't have a clue. Just so you know, I am 70 years of age and have been working with radio control since the days of single channel valve operated systems. Back in those days you had to build your own. I spent 50 years working in electronics, specifically television and film, and I know my stuff. I also do not post advice on here unless I know what I am talking about.

2016-4-1
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
United States

What is it with drone people? I've been on forums for cars, motorcycles, software, 4-wheelers, computers and arms and I've never seen anything like this. To a lessor extent it's the same way over in the Parrot forums. Certainly folks get bent once in a while in the others but the ratio here is just unbelievable. One guy said he was having range problems and even though several others concurred he was slayed by many and finally banned.

I appreciate now knowing where the settings are stored, how to power up my toys and that it doesn't matter anyway. I really do. Now how do I unsubscribe from this thread?
2016-4-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dirtdroner Posted at 2016-4-2 09:45
What is it with drone people? I've been on forums for cars, motorcycles, software, 4-wheelers, compu ...

My apologies your thread was hijacked. However I do consider it important to correct misinformation.
2016-4-1
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I too am guilty of posting wrong information once in a great while. It's going to happen.
In Donnie's defense, he's all over this forum posting great advice and DJI really appreciates it. My job is to answer questions and I come to find out that many many times Donnie has beaten me to it and with great detailed answers.
For minor mis-information like if  the aircraft is powered up first it has the possibility of starting up is very valid in the RC world for many years. With technology now that DJI and most others use it wouldn't matter. So for people who have been flying for many many years may still have that quick thought from the old days and quickly post to help a guy/girl out.
2016-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules