P4 motor caps! anyone else want these?
1158 7 2016-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

i just had an thought about protection for the motors prop locks.   Locking caps just like the props that lock over the 3 plastic prongs and protect them.  doesn't need to be any thing crazy just a cap with same as the props are.   all the 2 of the 3 axis are transmited directly to the center metalshaft on the top of the motor.  pushing and pulling arent much of an issue because the most the will really have to withstand are bumps.   by what i see inside the case should have room to have a cap on inside the included case  

Will offer protection to the prop locks if the drone is places upside down to install guards or for any service.   also prevent clothing and other thigs from getting caught on the little hooks.    after i hit the 10 hour mark and retire my blades, i will be cutting the blades off the hubs and using them as caps.  will not be hard for dji to make them. and can prevent issues with accidental damage of the little plastic prongs

Anyone else like the idea?
2016-3-31
Use props
fraggdya
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Not a bad idea, might try that.
2016-3-31
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

fraggdya Posted at 2016-3-31 12:42
Not a bad idea, might try that.

im not sure if the prop hub with out the blades will fit in the case being is is pointed,  but im pretty sure if a flat top cap was created it would fit in the case with ease!
2016-3-31
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Anyone have Ac damage prop they can cut the blades off of and cone tip to see if it will fit in stock case?
2016-3-31
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54803 ft
France

I'm currently using 30mm inside-diameter rubber chair stoppers which fit perfectly and still fit inside my backpack.

However, this is a good idea and I'll be doing this when I smash through my first set of props!
2016-4-1
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

alpinekiwi Posted at 2016-4-1 10:34
I'm currently using 30mm inside-diameter rubber chair stoppers which fit perfectly and still fit ins ...

I am almost temped to order an extra set and retire my current props early for testing to check clearances and such.  
2016-4-1
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Thinking over things Thought of an improvement.     Some form of a lock for it so it can't be pushed down to be twisted to unlock which is the only axis the center motor shaft can't support to protect the plastic finger tab prop locks.     

will need some engineering knowledge or mechanical backround to really picture what im describing.   when i get home i will model up designs with Cad and have pics

First method would be a push button on the top of the guard that you could push in and twist after the cap has been twisted and locked the props.   this would have a center shaft that would rest on the top of the motor center shaft.  This would make the cap unable to be pushed down, locking it on.  Then a twist lock tab to lock to hold down the button that is resting on the shaft to secure it.    (this could also be used on the props in the form of the center nose cone, locking the props in place during flight)

Second would be a twist outer collar that would rest on top of the motor.  preventing the cap from being pushed down as well.  this could also have a rim that could cover the 3 vent holes on top of the motor preventing dust and debris from entering the motors while not in use.   pretty simple and basic over all.   and effective!     
2016-4-1
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

bump.   anyone have any broken props to cut the blades off of to check clearances inside the case?
2016-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules