Thread for Newbies
312080 916 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

tman52748 Posted at 2015-12-8 14:07
Newbie here, just received my P3P.  I was wondering if my ipad mini 1 would work with it.  From what ...

The app will load onto it. But when you start flying it will have lots of trouble. It will not work, sorry.

Dave
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jpferry315 Posted at 2015-12-9 04:53
New Phantom 3 standard owner here. I have 8 flights that where seamless. I have taken still photo an ...

Good to hear you are enjoying your new Phantom.

They should both be in the upper most position.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... er_Manual__V1.4.pdf

Dave
2015-12-9
Use props
geoffoncam1951
New

United Kingdom

What is a theam
2015-12-13
Use props
geoffoncam1951
New

United Kingdom

What is a theme
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

not sure I understand your question
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

not sure I understand your question
2015-12-16
Use props
asadikhan
New

Canada

I am confused by these two points:

15.    Use of prop guards, as these are almost universally accepted to enhance a wobbling state when hovering or descending called Vortex Ring State (Google it). GOOD FOR TRAINING
28.    Vortex Ring State or Prop Wash can happen even without Prop Guards. So be careful when descending.

So are you saying that use of prop guards is a good idea, or bad? And if they are good, which ones are recommended?
2015-12-18
Use props
jimmy3dd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43091 ft
United States

Newbie here, my P3P arrived late  last week and I have been reading up and studying all the video tutorials over the weekend, have not flown yet. I've been using my non approved android devices to set up the drone, calibrate it, practice with the flight simulator etc.

Today my used ipad 2 mini w/celluar arrived, which is on the approved list, and this is what I'm hoping to use to actually fly with. Wnen connected to the P3, the video feed on the ipad is very blocky, pixelated  and laggy compared to the android devices. I've never owned an apple device before and don't know if something needs to be optimized or if I got a bad unit. Anyone have any insight?  thanks
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jimmy3dd Posted at 2015-12-21 12:40
Newbie here, my P3P arrived late  last week and I have been reading up and studying all the video tu ...

If you are having video lag problems with the P3.

Try putting it in manual transmission mode and set it to a clean channel and turn down the transfer rate to 6mbs

Dave
2015-12-22
Use props
jimmy3dd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43091 ft
United States

jimmy3dd Posted at 2015-12-21 15:40
Newbie here, my P3P arrived late  last week and I have been reading up and studying all the video tu ...

Thanks Dave, I tried that already, didn't make a difference. I think may be dealing with a damaged lightning port on the tablet. Bought it used and it shipped to me with a bead stuck in the port. I tried pushing the charge cable in really hard before I realized there was a foreign object lodged in there.

Never had any Apple product before so I'm just guessing. It also shipped with a cheap after market cable. Maybe that has something to do with it???

Probably just going to send it back, stick with my droids for now.
2015-12-22
Use props
mdssac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42215 ft
United States

Newbie here,  thanks to everyone for all the valuable info. I have spent hours and hours reading forums and watching youtube videos on the P3P.  First flight was today. No problems at all well except one tiny one...  I have prop guards on thankfully. Upon landing and cutting the power the P3p went to the left and if the prop guards weren't on i would have lost one or more props for sure. I guess when pulling back on both controls i must have pulled one sooner than the other.. All good and now i just stop engines by pulling back the throttle control. It is nerve racking flying the P3P (Right now at least) especially at heights over 100, 200 and 300 feet. I will get over that but for now it really is exciting! While it is up in the sky's i cant help but wonder, what do i do if something happens? Like what? I dont know. I guess i have visions of crashing into something or hitting a low flying helicopter god forbid. Happy Holidays everyone and thank you again!! Look below at my first flight ever and notice the end. Ever done that?

2015-12-23
Use props
ChristianLewisP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just received my Osmo and connected ok, but one thing that is annoying is let's say turn 45 degrees to the right or left, the camera is not pointing straight. I have to double click the front button to make the camera go straight again.
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jimmy3dd Posted at 2015-12-22 23:10
Thanks Dave, I tried that already, didn't make a difference. I think may be dealing with a damaged ...

Ok thanks for the update. A damaged lightning port could be it as you suspect.

Dave
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

mdssac@aol.com Posted at 2015-12-23 20:51
Newbie here,  thanks to everyone for all the valuable info. I have spent hours and hours reading for ...

Just make sure you are familiar with all the features of your new Phantom and you will be fine.

Dave
2015-12-26
Use props
lenw
lvl.2

United States

mdssac@aol.com Posted at 2015-12-24 12:51
Newbie here,  thanks to everyone for all the valuable info. I have spent hours and hours reading for ...

When you are done flying and want to shut down the motors, only pull back on the left stick and hold for a couple seconds.  I don't think you want to pull both back and in like starting.  I believe that's only for emergencies but can't say for certain.  I am a noobie as well so maybe others will comment.
2015-12-27
Use props
mgstuhrenberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113658 ft
United States

i got the p3S on Christmas it works great but somethimes it says gimbal overloaded but nothing wong with the p3s that i can see? maybe just a error
2015-12-28
Use props
jb7482002
New

United States

Hello, I recently purchased a Phantom 3 Standard. I've had 14 smooth flights until today.  I was flying my phantom when all of a sudden I received a warning that had said there was strong interference. I continued to fly until the signal was lost. Luckily, the signal came back a few seconds later. Are there any ideas on how to lower interference?
2015-12-28
Use props
waldebus
New

United States

Thanks for the note
2015-12-28
Use props
n5sli
New

United States

Tried to remove duplicate.
2015-12-30
Use props
n5sli
New

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-28 09:01
Newbie? It'll save you going through pages and pages...                                 Phantompilot ...

[QUOTE] 6.   If you dunk your V+ in sea water throw it away. Little apart from the plastic is worth saving.
Normally I would agree with this statement, it is not always true. What many people do not know, is that distilled water can be used to potentially save your electronics equipment. Distilled water does not conduct electricity the reason for this is that distilled water has no minerals in it. “TIME IS CRUCIAL” in the attempt to save your drone. If your going to be flying your drone near salt water and ot does take a dunk in the sea water, I would recommend having a container large enough to dunk your drone  into and enough distilled water to put in that container I also recommend purchasing a can of CRC 2130 QD contact cleaner or equivalent  . I am a certified electronics technician, I repair 2-way radios for a living and have saved many radios from the trash bin, when my customers have followed recommended procedures.
1.        Turn unit off and remove battery.
2.        Place unit  and battery in distilled water. This will help stop the salt water from eating up the
        pc   board traces.
3.        The next step is to disassemble your unit and begin cleaning and drying your unit. The CRC 2130
        QD Contact Cleaner or equivalent, will stop any remaining salt water from damaging your electronics and it dries quickly. *Warning* Contact cleaner could discolor the plastic housing try not to get it on the housing.
4.        Reassemble and test your unit.
This is not guaranteed to work every time but it could possibly save you from replacing  your whole unit. There is still the possibility that some of the electronic circuitry could have been damaged during the initial contact with sea water while being powered up.

good luck.
2015-12-30
Use props
samueljason
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311732 ft

United States

newbie question, i live in a mountain area if im flying at 400 feet and cross say a valley will my p3  drop down  to 400 feet in the valley or stay up till it crosses it?
2015-12-30
Use props
omeraumur
New

Turkey

Hi everyone,
I bought a Phantom 3 Pro two days ago; but couldn't fly it yet due to snow. However, during this period something started to bug my mind. I watched plenty of people fly their aircrafts through clouds. Clouds are consisted of evaporated water, so Isn't the aircraft effected by that water in the air. It might be a ridiculus question, so please don't mock at me.
2016-1-1
Use props
peter15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38940 ft
Tanzania

I got my P3 standard three weeks with about 12 flights no issues! I'm enjoying it as I had thought I would!

Many of the Phantom tutorials are using P3 pro/adv, one of the issues I have noted is the Pro/Adv Controller is connected with Ipad/ Phone /tablet using a cable which allows the Ipad/phone/tablet to be online and allow real time downloading of the maps.  My question, Is it possible to be online while connected to P3 standard while you are connected using wireless?
2016-1-1
Use props
brownhayden26
New

United States

I tried to update the firmware but when I did it went to 50% and then i tried it again and it took like 30 seconds and then my drone just started making some kinda beeping sound and I can't fly it now any suggestions?
2016-1-2
Use props
alstontodd
New

United States

Why am I losing calibration in mid-flight.
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

mgstuhrenberg@m Posted at 2015-12-28 13:13
i got the p3S on Christmas it works great but somethimes it says gimbal overloaded but nothing wong  ...

If the gimbal lock is still on this error code will come on. also if the gimbal brushes up against something as it starts up you will get this error code.

Dave
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jb7482002 Posted at 2015-12-28 14:58
Hello, I recently purchased a Phantom 3 Standard. I've had 14 smooth flights until today.  I was fly ...

It is just the area you are flying in.

Dave
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Sure thing.

Dave
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

samueljason@yah Posted at 2015-12-30 21:59
newbie question, i live in a mountain area if im flying at 400 feet and cross say a valley will my p ...

It will stay up till it crosses it.

Dave
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

omeraumur Posted at 2016-1-1 03:16
Hi everyone,
I bought a Phantom 3 Pro two days ago; but couldn't fly it yet due to snow. However, du ...

It is not a good idea to fly through clouds. We advise against it.

Dave
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

peter15 Posted at 2016-1-1 23:14
I got my P3 standard three weeks with about 12 flights no issues! I'm enjoying it as I had thought I ...

If you have a cellular enabled iPad it is possible.

Dave
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

alstontodd Posted at 2016-1-4 20:17
Why am I losing calibration in mid-flight.

Reset everything. Try an advanced IMU calibration. Then do a compass calibration.

Dave
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

brownhayden26 Posted at 2016-1-2 21:31
I tried to update the firmware but when I did it went to 50% and then i tried it again and it took l ...

Have a look at this thread.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 1&fromuid=44480

Dave
2016-1-5
Use props
nickskinner21
New
Flight distance : 353714 ft
United States

I have the PH3 Advanced and it says I need to update my camera, aircraft, and battery, but I don't see anywhere in the app where is shoes I can press something to upgrade everything.
2016-1-10
Use props
dev2327
New
India

i have p3p and i have updated latest firmware on both and done linking of rc i am using android phone  and it calibrates also still am not able to start the motors from the rc please help me out
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

nickskinner21 Posted at 2016-1-10 16:45
I have the PH3 Advanced and it says I need to update my camera, aircraft, and battery, but I don't s ...

With the TX and aircraft on and the App connected. touch the green safe to fly (GPS), upper center of the app.
You will see Overall Status     Update Required  touch that and follow the on screen instructions.

Dave
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

dev2327@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-12 08:57
i have p3p and i have updated latest firmware on both and done linking of rc i am using android phon ...

Try to go back to the pervious firmware. Then reinstall current firmware.

Dave
2016-1-12
Use props
endwarde
New

United States

H, I just got my new P3 Pro. I upgraded the firmware on the controller just fine, but I am having trouble upgrading the drone.
I hooked my laptop up to the drone via USB, I downloaded the newest firmware (1.6) to the root directory of the drone's card, I disconnected the usb and nothing happened. I reset the drone and it never started the firmware upgrade process. I tried the previous version of the firmware as well (1.5) with the same result.

I was following the procedure show in the videos, am I missing something?
2016-1-12
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-28 10:01
Newbie? It'll save you going through pages and pages...                                 Phantompilot ...

This is just wrong in my opinion, what's the sense of having authorized repair centers on your website if they can't effect repairs, give them access to  all the parts and tools and equipment so they can do the job.

1.   If you’ve crashed it and bent the gimbal or tore the little black ribbon cable, you can only send it back to DJI for repair or buy a new camera/gimbal   combination. You CANNOT substitute a GoPro camera with a Zenmuse. End of story. Contact you dealer or DJI
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

endwarde Posted at 2016-1-12 18:50
H, I just got my new P3 Pro. I upgraded the firmware on the controller just fine, but I am having tr ...

Did you power down everything after installing firmware on the card, then reboot everything?
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules