New

Camera is jumpy when I turn the craft
2016-4-9
Use props
marcphilippe.1
New
Canada

Hi guys,

I just bought my first Phantom 3 standard which is my first drone and I'm quite impressed with it.   It is not the advance or the professional but it sure is one cool flying camera machine.  

Where can I find the setting to reduce the RTH  horizontal return area?  I read that the default is 20 meters but I am surrounded by trees and I want to play it safe.

Thanks,

2016-4-10
Use props
Mrcrane2u
lvl.1

Hi guys just wondering how to get the phantom 4 3D Experience to work
2016-4-11
Use props
RATTYDUDE77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

lots of help on here
2016-4-11
Use props
EnCincy
New
Flight distance : 369705 ft
United States

Thank you for posting this!
2016-4-12
Use props
AeroDroneStudio
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is there a way to setup email notifications so that i get an email when someone responds or replies to my post?
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

EnCincy Posted at 2016-4-12 12:25
Thank you for posting this!

Glad you are enjoying it.

Dave
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

AeroDroneStudio Posted at 2016-4-20 02:37
Is there a way to setup email notifications so that i get an email when someone responds or replies  ...

Sorry but no there is not.  You just have to check in and check your reminds. If someone quotes you then you will be reminded.

Dave
2016-4-20
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Happy with my P3Adv so far. What an amazing piece of engineering!
Flying a bit, residential area, I do see occasional  signal issue here and there.. According to go app, or healthydrones i actually had some signal loss a few times...  and I'd say it was in sort of an "unexpected" areas, while certainly in a direct line of sight and so on.. Would you simply expect interference from all the devices around, or perhaps I need to be more conscious of the antenna position?
Just wondering....
Looking at Sensors Signal map and Sensors GPS maps I wonder what's going on....
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MWEOBP
An no worries, my neighbors are all aware of me flying over and actually enjoy the pictures I share later ;)
2016-4-21
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

marcphilippe.1@ Posted at 2016-4-10 11:33
Hi guys,

I just bought my first Phantom 3 standard which is my first drone and I'm quite impressed  ...

You got it? It's in the dji go app, same place u setup other limits. I do use it on Android, go into camera mode - with your quad on radio on, and phone/tablet connected; click on the "quad" icon towards top left (next to home). One of the first options in that screen is "return-to-home altitude" I changed mine to 30m just in case.
2016-4-21
Use props
Mrcrane2u
lvl.1

What does bricked mean
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-21 07:27
Happy with my P3Adv so far. What an amazing piece of engineering!
Flying a bit, residential area, I  ...

Interference is hard to nail down and can vary greatly depending on where you fly.

Dave
2016-4-21
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-4-21 15:14
Interference is hard to nail down and can vary greatly depending on where you fly.

Dave, had another one today (return home and aborting return home worked flawlessly!), and what is weird had one failure at nearing 2000 ft and another at 600ft distance.... in a pretty open area....
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... 6f3df9d224a92bac06b
I understand it's hard. One thing i will try is turn of wifi on my phone, while flying, make sure blue tooth and nfc are off... Perhaps the usb cable needs to be routed differently.....
Any other suggestions?

BTW, are you actually associated with DJI? May I message you a question about email support?

Thx!
2016-4-21
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

GOT IT RESOLVED

---- original ----
Beware with amazon and ebay filters for the camera.. according to those vendors, various threaded filters do fit advanced, but they do not, unless I am missing something on the camera.... I guess this model of advanced only take "slip on" filters? I am n0ot sure on phantom 3 standard and pro.
---- new info ----
Taking that original filter off of the camera was tricky! The trick was no pressure, just friction from the rubber glove! Got it off and the filters go on beautifully. Did not film with them yet.I got an DN4 ND8 and polarized one...

Oh, the standard lens cups I had do not work on the filters, without cutting the lens cup slihtly to make it flexible...

GT
2016-4-22
Use props
exmanisme
New

What's a good software for editing?
2016-4-24
Use props
rwin05
New

United States

So, I bought 2 "I guess aftermarket batiers" they worked fine 2 months ago. Now, after the phantom firm ware update they arn't
2016-4-24
Use props
Badman
New

Switzerland

Can only fly 500m
2016-4-25
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-25
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

UP, 500 up, the lateral distance is only limited by distance.. But yes, I would be interested to see an ability to overwrite the 500m up limit somehow. There may be legit reason to do this, but say in the US FAA is nowhere else technologically to allow some special case and interact with an entity like DJI to give clearance electronically...  but it sure would be nice to have exceptions to restrictions available say based on a "token" and "serial of the craft"... certainly some cool projects could benefit from that... Including extra large props kit allowing exploration at near space missions ;) But i can totally see the liability , esp in the Us, so I am not surprised there's limit. Just happy it's not 400ft as required by FAA! The great balance between user responsibility and DJI keeping an eye on things...
2016-4-25
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

rwin05 Posted at 2016-4-24 16:24
So, I bought 2 "I guess aftermarket batiers" they worked fine 2 months ago. Now, after the phantom f ...

Yes, red a lot about it.. keep bugging DJI, but then again, they want quality control (I hope it's about that, rather than just being the sole maker of batteries and keeping cost up)... People say downgrading firmware does the trick.. but... You could be sorry if there's any sort of issue with these batteries sooner or later.. Sucks to have the aircraft drop from 100+ feet...
2016-4-25
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

exmanisme Posted at 2016-4-24 10:37
What's a good software for editing?

There's the one on the phone/tablet within the DJI app, I have also used Go Pro one, it requires conversion, which it does automatically, and then works fine and is free. then eventually I broke down and bought Filmora. I have tried many free ones in the past and I got tired of depending on something that gets changed and so on... Filmora seems quite feature full and has a nice feel to it - in my opinion.
GT
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-21 20:30
Dave, had another one today (return home and aborting return home worked flawlessly!), and what is ...

Yes i am with DJI but there is no way to PM or message me. Sorry.

Dave
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

The new firmware does not support after market batteries.

Dave
2016-4-25
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-4-25 21:29
Yes i am with DJI but there is no way to PM or message me. Sorry.

Things r better,  talking on the support forum. Thx!
2016-4-25
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Airspace Explor Posted at 2016-4-23 11:33
Is there a Forum Category for DGI GO app feature questions and comments?

I did not find one, I just found a few posts that mention go app, but not a specific thread....
2016-4-25
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
Israel

Dears, how do I mention in "quotation marks" a comment of other person?
2016-4-26
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Murilo Carmello Posted at 2016-4-26 06:30
Dears, how do I mention in "quotation marks" a comment of other person?

I just did "reply" and it did it automatically. Does not work for you?
2016-4-26
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
Israel

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-26 10:44
I just did "reply" and it did it automatically. Does not work for you?

ahhh, very easy, tks
2016-4-27
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Yes, and just so u know I got caught on that one too.. I sometimes just start writing in the "Post Reply field at the bottom, and then realize I should have pressed reply on the specific post I want to reply to... Human nature to goof up ;)
2016-4-27
Use props
jamesmatthews19
New
United Kingdom

Hey guys this should help some of you newbies out in knowing how to set up your Phantom 4!
2016-4-28
Use props
kenhyd
New

United States

My DJI go app no longer works with my galaxy s6 I've uninstalled and then reinstalled still don't work, any suggestions on what to do next?
2016-5-6
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

kenhyd@sbcgloba Posted at 2016-5-6 20:40
My DJI go app no longer works with my galaxy s6 I've uninstalled and then reinstalled still don't wo ...

Only if you are more specific on what does not work.
2016-5-9
Use props
lilewis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7641 ft

Phantom 3 Standard + DJI Go + Iphone 6s+

I attempted to ask this question on the forum but I saw no place to add a  topic.  I also tried to send a message to the forum manager but it  bounced. So now I have no choice but to ask it here on your sticky.  Sorry about that.

I am now out of beginner's mode and fly in multiple flight modes and find that every time I open the Go app my settings (multiple flight modes, RTH altitude, Set Max Altitude, and Enable Max distance are not saved.  Is there any way I can save the settings to be available every time I open the app?     I suppose it may default back to the original (no-saved-settings) to make one think about them in the event we are flying in different environments but I prefer to set them all at a safe enough altitude/distance for the area I fly in,  then just open the app and have have it default to my values.

I also use the FPV Camera app and have to open the Go App first to re-set the Go values before I can orbit etc using FPV.

2016-5-14
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Click on Phantom at the top of this webpage, then click a blue button that says "new thread" on the right, u can start it as a discussion, or phantom3.. anyhow, as far i can tell the settings should be saved, but you will see them ONLY if you are connected to a powered on drone. U cannot see or change these settings unless communication with the drone is established.. So hook up and then confirm if the settings are back. Mind you I am a p3 Advanced user, which works quite a bit differently than standard......
2016-5-18
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

keep in mind, where the top of the page shows phantom and other options, one of these shows support - u can also go into the support subtopic and post a thread there, which will actually be monitored by support a bit more closely than here.
2016-5-18
Use props
doug2708
New

United States

I just un-boxed my Phantom 3 standard.  Followed the instructions, downloaded the GO app, did the calibrations, upgraded the firnware, so I think I did everything I was supposed to do out of the box.
It fails to give me a green light after the vertical compass calibration.
I also get the "RC Signal Lost" message on the app.
The motors will not arm.
I read it could be due to the firmware upgrade, but I get conflicting answers when searching on GOOGLE.  Some say to down grade the firmware other says to relink the controller, which I tried but it didn't solve the problem.
Is there any official answer from DJI on this issue?.
Thanks for the help.
2016-5-23
Use props
doug2708
New

United States

I also forgot to mention that there's a humming noise coming from the gimble and camera as the Phantom 3 sits still on the ground, and they get hot to the touch.
I have a picture from the camera on the APP.  
2016-5-23
Use props
josephf8977
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-23
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

michael.haws@ya Posted at 2014-10-28 15:08
consider purchasing a set of cheap prop guards

prop guards are not a bad option
2016-5-25
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

doug2708@verizo Posted at 2016-5-23 12:57
I also forgot to mention that there's a humming noise coming from the gimble and camera as the Phant ...

is your gimbal protector removed? a white piece of foam behind it? it should not get hot....
also, if u want more targeted help, either open a new topic, or even open a topic in the "service" forum. You could also try chatting DJI support.
2016-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules