Updating with thumb drive or SD adapter.
29090 193 2016-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49646 ft

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-15 23:33
I really think you should have stated from the Beginning of  your Post that you have 2 transmitter ...

yea i think the controller is bricked
2016-4-15
Use props
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-15 23:33
I really think you should have stated from the Beginning of  your Post that you have 2 transmitter ...

no i have a dual controller and the master did not update i turned the slave into the master for now so it will work.
2016-4-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

tvmcdaniels@gma Posted at 2016-4-15 10:45
no i have a dual controller and the master did not update i turned the slave into the master for n ...

Make sure you have it on Master when trying to update it .  I am not  well versed on the Slave and Master and do not usually  make recommendations.  Is it set to Master when doing the Updates ?  
Take a look at the USB port on the RC Contoler make sure there is no visible damage.   If you are getting the result on the Sd card after using my method to update the Controler  "Firmware is the same"  Then that would tell me the system is working.  Have you tried to test your system and see if it works? Can you connect to the Master ?   

I am sure you urealize you will not be connecting to the Aircraft , only to the other RC.  But of course they MUST be on the same 1.6 firmware.  

2016-4-15
Use props
itsupport9
New

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-15 09:09
Ok , thank You, we must get you updated to 1.6 on the Controller or it will not work.  These two (  ...

This worked perfectly for me.  Thanks.
2016-4-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

itsupport9 Posted at 2016-4-15 13:49
This worked perfectly for me.  Thanks.

Itsupport, It sure is  a good feeling when you start hearing it chirp to life once again !  NIRVANA

If you ever need help let me know, I will sure try .  Go out and Fly today , Have Fun !

Cheers - donnie
2016-4-15
Use props
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4

Okay here it is I have two aircrafts inspire1 v.1 dual controller units and both of them did the same thing upon updating them. just for everyone's information  both where  RC 1.2 AC 1.4 APP 2.7 worked great before the update but upon updating them i had some issues

I read the instructions from people having issues. So I followed the instructions. like turn off aircraft when you update the RC. But that did not work both master controllers did the same thing. After the aircraft was updated the controller did not want to update ( BOTH UNITS DID THIS)  i managed to bring one back to life with the tips from the forum. The second one not so lucky. customer support is going to look at it for me. that's a relief.  

I updated the aircraft first RC off
turn off aircraft and start update on RC nothing timed out and turned off after 5 minutes (auto shutoff )
connect to the APP recognizes it but says disconnected
found the gs_ofdm.bin that worked and let me update to 1.3 and then like magic the app worked to update it to 1.6. ( Only worked on one )

2016-4-15
Use props
roboticspro
New

United States

tvmcdaniels@gma Posted at 2016-4-15 16:37
Okay here it is I have two aircrafts inspire1 v.1 dual controller units and both of them did the sam ...

Donnie,

Another big THANK  YOU for your on-line postings, which made it possible to get my first updated Inspire 1 to actually work. I spent over 6 hours spinning my wheels until I found this thread. I will wait on #2 until I have more flying time on the first; a perfect day here in CT...

Regards,

Edd
2016-4-17
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

roboticspro@aol Posted at 2016-4-17 10:53
Donnie,

Another big THANK  YOU for your on-line postings, which made it possible to get my first  ...

My pleasure happy to help you out.

Cheers - donnie
2016-4-19
Use props
rcmodelsgr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4587 ft
  • >>>

Hi Donnie I have a rc model shop 16 years I have sell many dji products. I have many customers ho bought phantom 3 adv and prof with GL300A and GL300B TX with Diconected and Deserializer problems and I want this bin file to try to fix them and not send them out
2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

rcmodelsgr Posted at 2016-4-21 10:01
Hi Donnie I have a rc model shop 16 years I have sell many dji products. I have many customers ho bo ...

The BIN file I am providing is working Correct ?  Where are you located ?

donnie
2016-4-21
Use props
rcmodelsgr
lvl.1
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-22 01:12
The BIN file I am providing is working Correct ?  Where are you located ?

donnie

Hi I format usb stick and put  gs_ofdm.bin at both gl300A and gl300B and nothing hapend
I am in Greece Creta island
2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

rcmodelsgr Posted at 2016-4-21 13:25
Hi I format usb stick and put  gs_ofdm.bin at both gl300A and gl300B and nothing hapend
I am in Gr ...

Dont use that old File, it will not work.  Did you use the ones I sent you?   On the beginning of this thread 1.6  ? or the 1.4 file I  had on the other thread .  

donnie
2016-4-21
Use props
rcmodelsgr
lvl.1
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-22 02:27
Dont use that old File, it will not work.  Did you use the ones I sent you?   On the beginning of t ...

No I didnt get any mail did you send it at info@rc-models.gr?
2016-4-21
Use props
rcmodelsgr
lvl.1
  • >>>

Ah you mean C1-_FWV01.06.000.bin yes I used it olso
2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

rcmodelsgr Posted at 2016-4-21 13:49
Ah you mean C1-_FWV01.06.000.bin yes I used it olso

Did that work for you?  C1_FW_ 1.06   I am working on getting an old RC file for you that will work on the RC transmitter only, ( the proper RC only   C1_FW 1.03 )    Maybe tomorrow before I can get it to you.
Be sure to read my whole Post at the beginning, it will take a while to start but it will work.  I have a 90% successs rate with it.

Your end goal is to get it updated to the current 1.6 correct ? and the aircraft to 1.8 ?
Did you follow my directions 100%.  format the thumb drive ? dont use a mac ?  give it time to start ?  make sure only BIN file on it ?

Are using this for the Inspire ? Phantom advanced  Pro ?  It will NOT work on the Standard

donnie

2016-4-21
Use props
rcmodelsgr
lvl.1
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-22 03:00
Did that work for you?  C1_FW_ 1.06   I am working on getting an old RC file for you that will work ...

Thanks allot!
yes all the steps as you describe above, I try to fix 2 ph3 Proff one has GL300A and the other GL300B
I have experience with phantoms from day 1
plz find C1_FW 1.03 and post the link
2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

rcmodelsgr Posted at 2016-4-21 14:17
Thanks allot!
yes all the steps as you describe above, I try to fix 2 ph3 Proff one has GL300A and  ...

Ok,  I need to go to work now but I will work on getting it to you tomorrow. I either have it on my downloads file or will ask a couple of my friends.  

donnie
2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

rcmodelsgr Posted at 2016-4-21 14:17
Thanks allot!
yes all the steps as you describe above, I try to fix 2 ph3 Proff one has GL300A and  ...

I am not sure if these are the right files but I have seen this in the past, you may want to try.  go to the link and scroll to the bottom you will find "firmware Archive"  See if this might help your Phantoms Pro .
scroll to bottom of this link . These old files my be of some help to you.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Professional/

I will still get that other file tomorrow.  
2016-4-21
Use props
rcmodelsgr
lvl.1
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-22 21:59
I have what you need right here, if you have any trouble send me an e mail and I will send it to yo ...

Donnie thank you very very much for your help!! I got the file I try all my usb stick and Sd carts, I used all the compination with buttons I try hard resets etc,, but still the problems, the GL300A has Deserializer problem that must be problem at the gimbal as they said from service, and the Second GL300B is  Disconected.
No I am send them in for service
Thanks again!!
2016-4-22
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer

Sorry you are having trouble,, some just can't be fixed with a firmware update. Good luck and let me know what they repair. Your friend, Donnie
2016-4-22
Use props
skatsuba
New

Mauritius

Hi Donnie!

Could you please help me??

I have same problem. I tried to update software by your method. And by the end I have in Txt file "failed. Reboot device try again."

What can you recommend to me?

And even with 1.6 your software I dont have blue light.
2016-4-25
Use props
skatsuba
New

Mauritius

RESULT.txt

Packet: /mnt/usb/C1_FW_V01.06.0000.bin,
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed
Reboot the remote controller and try upgrade the firmware again.

Log.txt
[ 24.836970] upgrade log:
[ 25.13864 ] start upgrade 10
[ 28.354050] fail, step:6
2016-4-25
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

skatsuba Posted at 2016-4-25 15:57
RESULT.txt

Ok what is on the aircraft 1.7 ?  Make sure you are following my directions 100%.

Give me some more background on what and How it happened ,  and I will help you.
Have you updated in the Past ? are you using a PC not a Mac  ?   

Donnie
2016-4-26
Use props
skatsuba
New

Mauritius

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-26 16:54
Ok what is on the aircraft 1.7 ?  Make sure you are following my directions 100%.

Give me some mo ...

I already relinked RC to my inspire. When i turn on rc and drone it connects. Even green led on RC  is showing. From RC I can control gimbal on my drone. Camera can go up and down.

I deleted several times Go app and even yesterday installed 9.3.2 beta 2 version on my Ipad.

Tried thru drone to upgrade RC, but never see blue light on RC. Any method only red light on RC.

Right now aircraft updated to 1.8 and on txt file writes success.

Sorry but right now I on vacation and have only mac. I do not have here PC. But each time I format flash drive to FAT system when copying there 1.6.

When I connect my Ipad (Go app) via original cable to RC it shows that its Inspire 4. When I enter camera mode in inspire 4 menu  and if try to upgrade it
1) Its downloading ok
2) Its not installing more than 0%. Always writes failed.  And while installing it shows «current version Unknown»

If I try to downgrade by go app. It choses downgrade to 1.58 and after 34% also says failed.

If i try to do by your method 1.6.

Try to reset with 4 buttons. Copy bin file to formatted flash drive FAT MS DOS . It also says failed in txt file.

C1_FW_Result:
"====================
Upgrading ...

C1_FW_log
[ 24.825742] upgrade log:
[ 25.3874 ] start upgrade 10
[ 28.341753] fail, step:6

Tried several times to reboot RC. Same story
2016-4-26
Use props
skatsuba
New

Mauritius

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-26 16:54

Give me some mo ...

tracelink also tried his method from Go app. But upgrading always fails.

Also I have Deserializer Disconnected issue Go app. I do not know what is it.
2016-4-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

skatsuba Posted at 2016-4-26 14:56
I already relinked RC to my inspire. When i turn on rc and drone it connects. Even green led on RC ...

My best advise is to borrow a PC.  It seems like the MAC does not format the SD card correctly and then causes problems.  Can you borrow a PC.  I  have seen this tons of times before. The MAC will say that the SD card is formatted but there are still files on it and that is why its failing.  I am not 100% sure but like I say , I have seen it before.

i KNOW MY FILE WORKS, IT HAS BENN LOADED 100S OF TIMES WITH VERY FEW PROBLEMS.  

Please beg borrow or steal ( kidding ) a PC and format the Thumb drive and or SD card and try again to get 1.6 on there.

Try to rollback with this file, it is C1_FW_ 1.58  For the RC transmitter only.  Try to load this, maybe 1.58 will then get yyou to The 1.6 file of mine.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/RC/C1_FW_V01.05.0080.bin
The link is in my next post, just downlaod that one.

It looks like you are getting the file on there correctly but something else is on that file causing in to fail.

The four button will reset the Transmitter, that is fine.  We must get the 1.6 on there.  You say when you try to do it with wireless internet it fails as well correct ?  That is strange,   Can you try a different Internet connection ?  

The reason the go app says Phantom 4  ( Inspire 4 above post , I assume you mean phantom )  Is because you re loaded the go app but have not had success on the RC upgrad yet. That way it knows it is Inspire and will Default to it.

There is also a new Go App out Today.  Be sure to delete and install the new one

Let me know - donnie

2016-4-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

skatsuba Posted at 2016-4-26 15:51
tracelink also tried his method from Go app. But upgrading always fails.

Also I have Deserialize ...

2016-4-26
Use props
skatsuba
New

Mauritius

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-27 01:30

Just found windows pc at the hotel. Formatted it with fat32 site system and tried to instal 1.6. Result is the same in txt file.

Right now will try 1.58
2016-4-27
Use props
skatsuba
New

Mauritius

1.58 result

====================
Packet: /mnt/usb/C1_FW_V01.05.0080.bin,
Upgrading ...
2016-4-27
Use props
skatsuba
New

Mauritius

1.3 020 result

====================
Packet: /mnt/usb/C1_FW_V01.03.0020.bin,
Upgrading ...

Really confused
2016-4-27
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

skatsuba Posted at 2016-4-27 09:23
1.3 020 result

====================

It really should work, My only other advise is to try a different Thumb drive .  Are you using a SD card that is on a adapter?   then you plug that into the USB of the RC transmitter.  

Well, whatever you have try something different,  I use a SD card with a simple adapter for the USB.

I am really sorry you are having trouble.  I am usually pretty good at getting things to work.

What has me concerned is that it wont work with either the Internet   or a direct USB connection with the proper firmware.  I hate to say it , but you may have to send it in, I say it happens maybe 20% of the time and I know I was doing things correctly because the ones I have helped ended up with a New Transmitter, so I know it must have been broken.

Try my suggestion and let me know -  so sorry- donnie
this is what I use, with a  SD card                                       
2016-4-27
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

skatsuba Posted at 2016-4-27 09:23
1.3 020 result

====================

Also do a reset ( 4 fingers on the buttons and turn RC on )  before you load one of the new files.  This will reset the RC to the Default version  that it came with .

good luck bro- donnie
2016-4-27
Use props
brent2
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for the file and info, got me out of a large crater.
2016-5-4
Use props
Mike C
New

United States

Please help me. I screwed up and now have the damn "Rc no signal" thing. I have tried everything here. My remote will not reset to an old version. If I try to load the 1.58 file it does nothing. If I try to load the 1.6 file it says it's already there. I had DJI send me some other file that also did nothing. I am at a complete loss. Not sure what to do or why none of this stuff works at all.
2016-5-4
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Mike C Posted at 2016-5-4 10:30
Please help me. I screwed up and now have the damn "Rc no signal" thing. I have tried everything her ...

Ok, what do you have loaded on the Aircraft, we must get a match.  If you have 1.8 on the aircraft we must get you to 1.6 on the RC.  

When you did your update you upgraded the Aircraft first correct ?  

What color is the RC transmitter with both the Aircraft and  RC on ? Is it Blue Green or RED.

You have an Inspire Correct ? Or Phantom ?   I think that you have not updated the aircraft to the proper version of FW, make sure that you have the correct version of FW on the Aircraft.  If you do we may have to simply re - link the two, but lets not do that till I know for sure what version you have on the aircraft and the RC.

donnie .

send me an email please  so I can get to my computer when you are  have the following info completed for me: (  this way I can help you sooner if you have time today )

so I need to know:

What aircraft specific? Pro ?  V2 or V1? Or is it Phantom ? If so which One specific ?
What versionis on the Aircraft for sure 1.8 ? or 1.7 ? Was it a  succesfull Install ?
What color is the RC transmitter light , green red, blue ( Make sure aircraft is on as well )
What go app do you have on what device ?  for example Apple I pad air version 2.8
read my tips page as well, only take a minute:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, just to make it clear to do the reset you need to hold down, C1/C2, shutter, record and press down the shutter wheel. It's a hell of a combo but has worked for me when fixing a few RC's for cutomers.
2016-5-5
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

Donnie or community can you please guide me in this issue?

Here are details:

Updated RC Master using DJI GO App to most recent firmware.  App read back update complete, restart RC.

I restarted RC, no more communication with Ipad, no communication with craft, steady red light, no beeping.

I updated the Slave RC in the same manner, restarted RC, and it works fine.  I changed it over to Master, controls craft fine.

Craft and Slave updates are clean, all batteries are clean.

Primary master remote is still steady red light at this point.  Will not communicate with Ipad or Android phone.  Attempted 3 genuine ipad cables, all same results.  Attempted to reset the RC using instructions you provided by pressing the 4 buttons and restarting.  While holding the buttons and restarting the RC it makes one beep pattern in the very beginning and continues to sit on a red light.  If I hit the 4 buttons while the RC is on, not during startup, I get a very angry beep and blinking blue light.  Not a stead blue light or the normal beep pattern, just a steady one 'D---D---D---D---D", I have let this go on for 30 minutes, no change.  II restart the RC and attempt communication, I get nothing.  I restart with a USB stick and old firmware, no beep pattern, no light changes. The only change I get when attempting to do USB stick update is the "inactivity" beep.  Concerned at this point that my USB is busted, going to attempt to swap USB from my working RC to non-working RC and see what happens.  Any suggestions would be helpful!

Brad
2016-5-5
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-5 22:39
Ok, just to make it clear to do the reset you need to hold down, C1/C2, shutter, record and press do ...

What is the effect of this?  I tried it with the RC on and got an angry steady beep, no pattern, and blinking blue light but it never changed.  Lasted for over 30 minutes this way.

Brad
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

precisionair Posted at 2016-5-5 07:48
What is the effect of this?  I tried it with the RC on and got an angry steady beep, no pattern, a ...

It's a reset mode.
2016-5-5
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
United States

Yeah I think I understand that so far but what is the net effect?  What is this supposed to look like as it is being reset?  It takes 10 minutes to install the firmware... does it take 10 minutes to reset?  Are the light codes or beeping any different in this?  I have used this feature more than once but have seen zero result.  Thanks for your help, just need to know what I should be looking for which is right and which is wrong.

Brad
2016-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules