Updating with thumb drive or SD adapter.
29089 193 2016-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-5 12:33
It helps throw the RC into boot loader mode. If the RC cant take an update last resort is to try t ...

Just reviewing my thread, what do you mean put it into "Boot Loader Mode "

donnie
2016-9-13
Use props
Timeline Images
lvl.1
Flight distance : 791913 ft
Australia

Good morning!
I have Inspire 1 V1 with x3 and Master and Slave controllers
Master is on 1.7.4
Slave was on 1.6 but was not connecting etc.
So I did the 4 button reset and uploaded 1.6 on to a USB and plugged in (RC off) and turned on RC...........no beeping!
Any way plug in the screen and it still showing 1.6.........so checked result and it says aborted because same software version....ok it didnt do the factory reset, but do have 1.6....
So now put 1.7 on stick and turn on RC................no beeps!!!!!!!! Wait 10 minutes.......Remote beeps and turns off....go into stick...no results....
close app ...go backin and 'About', RC says N/A.....
Bugger
Any assist?? please
2016-9-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Timeline Images Posted at 2016-9-15 19:29
Good morning!
Master is on 1.7.4

Ok, this is not your fault, for some reason the 1.7 file ( with my C1_1.7 file  )  is giving some members trouble.  

First thing , go to  "remote control setting" on the go app, make sure it is on the "Slave "setting and not the "Off" or "Master". ( This may explain the N/A on go app.  )

Once you make sure it is on "Slave "   go to the main page  of the go app and open the Aircraft Status  page . This is the page with the Compass calibration , radio channel quality etc.  It should say update is available for your system (1.7.40 ) it should be the latest one  if you are at 1.6 now.

Be sure you have a reliable STRONG wi fi signal for the Go App Device .
**** I hope you already updated the aircraft correct ?  always update the AirCraft  first , even if the Go app says a  update is ready on the RC.  
The update for the RC is normally exactly the same procedure as the Master.

****How did you update the Master ?  did you do it via the Go app ?  or did you use my file ?  

I think what  may have happened is when you " Reset" the RC, the System went to OFF status and then wont accept updates, ( Not 100% sure of this )  We need to make sure it is on the "Slave " and that you have a good wi -fi connection to the Go app device.  

Sorry you are having issue .

Let me know.

2016-9-16
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

Hi Donnie
Do you have any soulotion for P4 RC showing N/A for version ? is there a Bin. file i can use to force install version ? the RC has been resetted few times , DJI GO installed - re installed few times but RC will show N/A , also cant roll back to previous versions as main DJI GO page will show no previous versions available to downgrade ,so I cant update thru DJI GO because it doesn't prompt for update , cant update thru assistant 2 because when RC is connected to PC windows 10 nothing happens here are some pictures and thank you :

2016-11-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Sam999 Posted at 2016-11-13 01:56
Hi Donnie
Do you have any soulotion for P4 RC showing N/A for version ? is there a Bin. file i can u ...

I am sorry I dont know the update versions on the P4.

good Luck

donnie
2016-11-13
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Timeline Images Posted at 2016-9-15 18:29
Good morning!
Master is on 1.7.4

Here is the latest file for the RC.

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1_rc/C1_FW_v01.07.0060.bin
2016-11-15
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

Hey Donnie,
Thanks for the info and file links.
However, I tried exactly what you say in your post.  When I used the newest version of the sw, no success file was written.  Reformatted my thumb drive and tried the 1.6 version of the sw, and same thing, no success file written and controller is still pooched.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Brian
2016-11-30
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

Hey Donnie,
However, I tried exactly what you say in your post.  When I used the newest version of the sw, no success file was written.  Reformatted my thumb drive and tried the 1.6 version of the sw, and same thing, no success file written and controller is still pooched.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Brian
2016-11-30
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

HDMI2015 Posted at 2016-11-30 18:56
Hey Donnie,
However, I tried exactly what you say in your post.  ...

What version are you currently on ?  If you are on a version of FW before 1.3 let me know and I will get you the proper file .  If you are past 1.3 on the RC   Can you simply just  update the RC with  the GO App with it connected to the Internet ?

Do you have a bad USB port on the RC transmitter by any chance ?  the best way to make sure the USB port is working is to turn on the RC and the Go App make sure connected with a good reliable cable between the two . ( Aircraft is off ) . Then go to Remote control settings - If you can see the   OFF MASTER  SLAVE option then you have a good USB port .  If you notice if you unplug the Cable between the ( Simulating a bad Cable ) RC and the GO App this page will disappear.  I find this a good test to see if the Port is bad or the Cable .  

***My -1.7 file  ( For  the RC ) does not seem to be working.  I think they found my workaround and put some changes in the program .  
What version is on your RC currently ?  Make sure to update your aircraft first , and if you did so what did you jump from ?  

I will get back to you later today , have a couple of jobs today .  i live in Michigan , East Lansing to be exact and will get back to you later today .  

donnie

2016-12-1
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-1 20:51
What version are you currently on ?  If you are on a version of FW before 1.3 let me know and I wil ...

Hi Donnie,
Thanks so much for this info!
I will get the info you inquired about and get back to you.  I do know that the aircraft is on Firmware v1.9.1.30, and we did the updates in order.  ie. 1.3, 1.4, 1.8.1 and then the 1.9.1.30.
And I can tell you that when I connect my iPads to the controllers, the master controller works fine.  
The slave controller however, does connect to the app and the app opens, but it will not connect to the aircraft.  And, of course, the master will only operate in the limited fashion, as if only one controller is connected.
I will try your suggestion about testing the usb cable and get the info you requested and get back to you shortly.
I am located in Western Canada, Calgary, Alberta to be exact.

Thanks again for you help.  Hopefully you'll be able to help me rectify this.  The really frustrating thing is that they were both working perfectly before we did that aircraft FW upgrade to the 1.9.30.

Talk soon,
Brian
2016-12-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

HDMI2015 Posted at 2016-12-2 12:37
Hi Donnie,
I will get the info you inquired about and get back to yo ...

Sounds good , let me know what you find .

donnie
2016-12-2
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

HDMI2015 Posted at 2016-12-3 02:37
Hi Donnie,
I will get the info you inquired about and get back to yo ...

Hey Donnie,
This is now getting weird....
On the master RC, connected to the AC, the app is telling me that the app is version 3.1.0,  the remote controller is version 1.7.40, but that the AC is only version 1.4.00.10+.  The reason I say weird, is because I distinctly remember doing the updates for 1.8 and then the 1.9.30, because we went directly to the dealer where we purchased to make sure that they got done correctly as we had heard there were possible issues with the 1.9.30 update if not done correctly.  Also, the app is calling for the RC to be updated as well as the batteries require updating. ????  YIKES!
I'm assuming that I will need to do the upgrade to the 1.9.30 by first upgrading to the 1.8.1?
Will attempt to perform these updates and get back to you.

Cheers,
Brian
2016-12-2
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-3 02:57

donnie

Hey Donnie,
So here's where I'm at now.  I performed the 1.8 AC FW update, with success.  Then I performed the 1.9.1.30 AC FW update, with success.  Master controller then asked for RC update, which I performed through the app and was successful, I believe.  Master controller still says Firmware Upgrade Required in WHITE letters in the Overall Status bar, yet when I open that to the next page (to where I found the update firmware selection previously), there is nothing to select.  Everything is showing as "normal" in all the other areas.  It also shows App version 3.1.0, Aircraft version 1.9.1.30, Remote Controller version 1.7.60 and Camera version 1.8.1.00.
The outstanding issue with this controller (Master) is that I can only rotate the camera apprx 2 degrees to either side, and have no tilt.

The slave controller is still showing as disconnected and the only info I can get is App version 3.1.0 yet the overall status is showing as normal.

I am going to attempt another upgrade to the slave with your file again and will get back...
2016-12-2
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-3 02:57

donnie

Hey Donnie,

Getting tired of seeing my posts yet?  :-)

So here's the latest....
Attempted to update the RC FW yet again, but to no avail.  Put the usb stick in, powered up and nothing happened.  No beeping for about 20 mins the just beep, beep, beep, for a while and then it powered down.  I powered up again, and still nothing and no text file written to the usb stick.

Is it possible that the USB port on the RC could be pooched?  During this last attempt, I noticed that this RC is NOT charging my iPad and does not show any battery info.  If this usb port IS pooched, would you be able to tell me what the procedure is for getting this rectified?  Is it possible to perform the update through the mini usb port on the controller?

Sorry to be such a pain, but as is always the case, I have a job coming up very shortly and need to get this fixed asap.

Thanks again for your help.
Brian
2016-12-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

HDMI2015 Posted at 2016-12-2 16:32
Hey Donnie,

Getting tired of seeing my posts yet?  :-)
Brian,
     Do you have a bad USB port on the RC transmitter by any chance ?  the best way to make sure the USB port is working is to turn on the RC and the Go App make sure connected with a good reliable cable between the two . ( Aircraft is off ) . Then go to Remote control settings - If you can see the   OFF MASTER  SLAVE option then you have a good USB port .  If you notice if you unplug the Cable between the ( Simulating a bad Cable ) RC and the GO App this page will disappear.  I find this a good test to see if the Port is bad or the Cable . Let me know this first
Also the problem is with the Slave RC primarily  correct ? Has the notice on the Master saying you need to update gone away ?  Make sure that you have Internet connection on the Go app with the RC on and connected to the Go app ( AC Off )  then be sure to sign into the DJI go app , this should stop that warning from appearing if it still is .  

if You POOCHED it  you need to get part 54 about 100 bucks   for the slave RC ( HDMI module )

*** Not tired of the questions, it's all good .

donnie

2016-12-3
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-3 19:17
Brian,
     Do you have a bad USB port on the RC transmitter by any chance ?  the best way to make sure the USB port is working is to turn on the RC and the Go App make sure connected with a good reliable cable between the two . ( Aircraft is off ) . Then go to Remote control settings - If you can see the   OFF MASTER  SLAVE option then you have a good USB port .  If you notice if you unplug the Cable between the ( Simulating a bad Cable ) RC and the GO App this page will disappear.  I find this a good test to see if the Port is bad or the Cable .  Let me know this first
Also the problem is with the Slave RC primarily  correct ?  Has the notice on the Master saying you need to update gone away ?  Make sure that you have Internet connection on the Go app with the RC on and connected to the Go app ( AC Off )  then be sure to sign into the DJI go app , this should stop that warning from appearing if it still is .  

Hey Donnie,

Thanks so much for all of your help.

Yes, the problem is primarily with the Slave RC unit.  When plugged into iPad and app on, I cannot see the OFF MASTER SLAVE option, the app says "Disconnected" and iPad does not charge.  Have tried two USB cables.  Both work with the Master RC, neither works with the Slave RC.

Based on your info, I am going to say that the USB port on this RC unit must be pooched.  Am going to take it the dealer and have them go over it.  Will drop you a line after they get it sorted.

Thanks again for all of your help with this!

Brian
2016-12-5
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

HDMI2015 Posted at 2016-12-5 09:46
Hey Donnie,

Thanks so much for all of your help.

That is the problem , you need part 54.  Like I said about 100 dollars , the dealer should have no problem replacing it for you .

Glad to help , took me a while to find a reliable  way of diagnosing this but the OFF MASTER SLAVE  is what i found works very well.
Yes please let me know what they say as well, i want them to confirm my diagnosis.  

Dr.  donnie
2016-12-5
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-6 03:07
That is the problem , you need part 54.  Like I said about 100 dollars , the dealer should have no problem replacing it for you .

Glad to help , took me a while to find a reliable  way of diagnosing this but the OFF MASTER SLAVE  is what i found works very well.

Absolutely!  I'll be taking it down to them shortly.  I'll definitely let you know how it all pans out.  (No pun intended.  lol)

2016-12-5
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-6 03:07

Hey Donnie,

Well... it's been an interesting (and very frustrating) day here in Cowtown!

I took my remote down to my dealer, hoping that this would be a simple fix and I would have it back in a day, maybe two at worst.  NOPE!  They do not do repairs.  In fact, they told me that DJI requires that ALL repairs MUST be done by DJI and that I would have to send this RC back to DJI and have them do the repairs.  Needless to say, I was a tad burned by this and left the store in a bit of a rage!

After calming down, I thought "this can't be right.  I have to contact DJI and confirm this.  It just sounds far to outlandish to be right!"  Well..... I finally just finished my online chat with DJI support and Japser (the support chat window guy) did indeed confirm that ALL repairs MUST be done by DJI and that I would indeed have to send the RC back to DJI to have it repaired.
I asked if I could just purchase the part from DJI and perform the repair myself?  Jasper said "Nope", that I'd have to send it back.
I told Jasper that the device was purchased in 2015 and was no longer under warranty so if I pooched it while doing the repair myself, that would just be my own bad luck.  Jasper said I wouldn't be able to do that, as I would not be able to just purchase the part from the DJI store.   
???????
I am flabbergasted!  The part is listed in the store, why can't I just purchase it and do the replacement myself?  Or at the very least, have it repaired by the Authorized DJI Repair Depot that is here in town?  I don't get it, and if you can maybe explain that to me, I'd be very grateful, as well as enlightened.

Anyway.... that is how this has turned out.  And before I completely lose my mind and start looking for the nearest bridge to jump from, I am going to go home and try to forget this whole nightmare.  I'm just afraid that this whole ordeal will end up costing me more than just buying a new one!  Not to mention all of the time that I am going to be out, sending this back, waiting for it to be repaired and then sent back to me.  I'm guessing that's going to be another 2 - 3 weeks, if not longer!

Anyway....
Donnie, thank you so much for all of your help with this, and feel free to use my story as a cautionary tale for the next poor schmuck who pooches his/her USB port!  I can only pray to the good Lord that nothing else ever goes wrong with any other piece of our DJI gear.  I don't think I could survive the insanity!

Thanks again my new friend!  I am very grateful for all of your help!

Brian
2016-12-5
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

HDMI2015 Posted at 2016-12-5 18:22
Hey Donnie,

Well... it's been an interesting (and very frustrating) day here in Cowtown!

You can send it to me if you wish  ( Just pay the shipping )  I have done it for others . You could do it yourself  if you wish as well. the part is on amazon and also on ebay ,Just look up part 54  DJI and Bingo .
***On some modules the only part you need to replace is the back white cover with the electronic components in them , you dont even need to go to far into it .  I have had this fix in about 50% of cases, the bad part is you cant buy just the outer electronics case .  if you do get the part I would replace that first and see if that is all you need.  You will know what I mean during dis-assembley of the module .  

Video below  ( just be carful with the flat ribbon cables, make sure you dont kink them when removing the module .  It is really straight-forward.
***Was your hometown dealer a hobby shop ?  It is such an easy repair, suprised they did not do it as a sevice to thier customers ( If it is a a hobby shop )
Example part54 search   below on Amazon , ALL part 54 are the same for the DJI line .  May find one cheaper on E bay.
This line made me laugh......
I asked if I could just purchase the part from DJI and perform the repair myself?  Jasper said "Nope", that I'd have to send it back.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ ... eywords=part+54+dji

donnie

2016-12-6
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

What does this do ...quick reply ?
2016-12-6
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-6 18:42
You can send it to me if you wish  ( Just pay the shipping )  I have done it for others . You could do it yourself  if you wish as well. the part is on amazon and also on ebay ,Just look up part 54  DJI and Bingo .
***On some modules the only part you need to replace is the back white cover with the electronic components in them , you dont even need to go to far into it .  I have had this fix in about 50% of cases, the bad part is you cant buy just the outer electronics case .  if you do get the part I would replace that first and see if that is all you need.  You will know what I mean during dis-assembley of the module .  

Hey Donnie,

Thanks soooooo much for this!!  I was just about losing my s**t thinking about having to ship this back to DJI, especially since the RA info states that I MUST ship back my AC, gimbal and RC unit!!  Just to get this module replaced?!  No thank you!  It'll cost me more for shipping than it would to buy a new unit!

The dealer we purchased from is an "authorized" dealer here in Calgary called The Camera Store.  More than a "hobby shop", they are essentially the "go to" shop for all things camera, short of going to one of the broadcast equipment suppliers.  And they are one of two shops in Calgary listed as "dealers".  And there is only one shop here that is listed on the DJI site as an "authorized" repair facility.  

When I asked the DJI support guy about just taking it to this shop to get the repair done, I was told that I couldn't do that, that I would have to ship it back to DJI.  I don't get this at all.... They're an authorized repair facility, yet I can't get repairs done there????

Anyway..... Again, thank you so much for this info, and all of your help throughout this entire ordeal.  I will touch base with you again, and let you know how it all turns out.

Thanks again!
Brian
2016-12-6
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-7 04:03
What does this do ...quick reply ?

Apparently.  lol
So.....  let me ask you this...
Could I just replace the USB PC board, instead of replacing the entire module?  I found the following on eBay:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DJI-Phant ... :g:NdMAAOSw5cNYI6SZ
If this is an option, it would save me about 60 bucks.  Not a huge deal if not,  the 150 bucks or so that the entire module will cost isn't an issue, but if I can save a few dollars, even better.

2016-12-6
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

HDMI2015 Posted at 2016-12-6 15:02
Apparently.  lol
So.....  let me ask you this...
Could I just replace the USB PC board, instead of replacing the entire module?  I found the following on eBay:

Nope , that one  wont do it , that that is for aircraft RC without the HDMI module , sorry

donnie
2016-12-7
Use props
HDMI2015
lvl.1

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-7 18:47
Nope , that one  wont do it , that that is for aircraft RC without the HDMI module , sorry

donnie

Dang!  Oh well, a new module it is then.  Thanks again for this info.  Saved me a world of hurt!
2016-12-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

HDMI2015 Posted at 2016-12-7 11:26
Dang!  Oh well, a new module it is then.  Thanks again for this info.  Saved me a world of hurt!

You bet , that's how I roll

Keep ol' donnie boy posted on you're progress

donnie
2016-12-8
Use props
HemDigi
lvl.1

Canada

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-8 21:38
You bet , that's how I roll

Keep ol' donnie boy posted on you're progress

Donnie Boy!!

Got 'er done!
Called DJI and got a guy on the phone who seemed to know his stuff and cleared up the whole "Nope, you have to send it all back to DJI" issue.  He verified that I could to do it myself or have someone else do it for me.  Explained that they basically only have one SOP for repairs and that it's tuned to warranty and aircraft and not so much for parts or off warranty stuff.  Figures that's why ol' Jasper said I had to send it all back.

Our dealer (where we originally purchased our gear) doesn't do repairs in their store.  They send everything to the "authorized depot" here in town
I called him yesterday afternoon.  He had the part in stock and said I could bring it by and that he'd install it for me at no charge!
Took it up to him this morning and he had it replaced, did the FW upgrade and had it up and running again in about 10 mins!  And all for $134 CDN (About $101 US) Brilliant!
(In case anyone from around these parts wants to check them out, the fellow's name is John and he's at: www.multirotorheli.ca )

Again, I can't thank you enough for all of your help with this!  You, and your posts, have been an invaluable source of information!  Thank you so much!!

Brian
2016-12-8
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

HemDigi Posted at 2016-12-8 15:44
Donnie Boy!!

Got 'er done!

My pleasure Brian.

donnie
2016-12-9
Use props
Dizzaxter
New

United States

This morning I updated the Inspire 1....I downloaded the most recent firmware (v01.10.01.40 (X3)) on an empty SD card (I extracted the bin file on my Windows PC before pasting the file onto the SD card). I then put the SD card into my Inspire....I turned the Inspire on (the RC was off at the time) and I waited until the upgrade was completed and successful. I then restarted it and turned on my remote and wanted to upgrade that. When I go to overall, it doesn't give me the option to download from the app; also, my RC is not working with the aircraft (all I can see is a live view). I decided to use a USB to upgrade the firmware of the RC by making  sure the USB was empty with only the bin file (v01.10.01.40 (X3)) was on the USB. I then put it into the RC with the aircraft and the RC off. I then turned the RC on and nothing happened. I then went onto my computer and viewed the .txt file and it said that the upgrade was aborted. I then deleted that file and tried the other firmware (v1.9.1.30 (X3)) and performed the same process to update the RC, however I have been unlucky so far. PLEASE HELP! (It also says that the gimbal and stuff is not connected)  I ALSO TRIED YOUR METHOD DONNIE) BUT NO LUCK
2017-2-25
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Dizzaxter Posted at 2017-2-25 11:34
This morning I updated the Inspire 1....I downloaded the most recent firmware (v01.10.01.40 (X3)) on an empty SD card (I extracted the bin file on my Windows PC before pasting the file onto the SD card). I then put the SD card into my Inspire....I turned the Inspire on (the RC was off at the time) and I waited until the upgrade was completed and successful. I then restarted it and turned on my remote and wanted to upgrade that. When I go to overall, it doesn't give me the option to download from the app; also, my RC is not working with the aircraft (all I can see is a live view). I decided to use a USB to upgrade the firmware of the RC by making  sure the USB was empty with only the bin file (v01.10.01.40 (X3)) was on the USB. I then put it into the RC with the aircraft and the RC off. I then turned the RC on and nothing happened. I then went onto my computer and viewed the .txt file and it said that the upgrade was aborted. I then deleted that file and tried the other firmware (v1.9.1.30 (X3)) and performed the same process to update the RC, however I have been unlucky so far. PLEASE HELP! (It also says that the gimbal and stuff is not connected)  I ALSO TRIED YOUR METHOD DONNIE) BUT NO LUCK

Ok, first off you upgraded the aircraft correctly but NOT the RC transmitter . The RC and the AC operate on different versions of firmware.  

You need to get version 1.7.6  loaded to the RC transmitter .

this is done via the go app ( are you saying the go app was not letting  you update it via the app itself and you tried via the Thumb drive )

So here is what I need to Know before we go any further

You do have the Aircraft update to the latest FW correct with success?

What version is currently on The RC Transmitter ?  Is it at - 1.3 or 1.6 or what
When you tried to update the RC did you use my file for version 1.6 ?  and follow my instructions ? I think you tried to load 1.10 IT WONT WORK

The firmware trick using the thumb drive will not work on the latest version .  DJI found out about it and somehow prevented it on the latest update .  Once you tell me what you  CURRENTLY HAVE ON THE RC I can figure out a solution .

Get back with me when you can , Promise I will get back with you later today Sunday 26 or at the very latest tomorrow morning, Ilive in Michigan USA.

read this tips page also for some more advice that will help you.
Tips for loading NEW firmware to SD card and transmitter
****I dont quite understand one thing , you say you have live video but no control of the aircraft ?  Is that what you are sayin in your post ?  

Once we get the current version needed for the RC which is 1.76 ( This is only for the RC transmitter ,  The aircraft and RC DO NOT USE THE SAME VERSION OF FIRMWARE ) after that we may need to do a re link , so dont freak out if we get 1.76 loaded to the RC and it still does not work , sometimes you need to re link as well .  I have instructions on how to do that in my link as well.

Just  please answer my questions and I will get back with you very soon

donnie

2017-2-26
Use props
fans726e8dda
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Donnie, I spent 3 hours trying to update new RC for my Inspire 1 Pro and this worked!! However, Go App says it needs updating. While hooked to WiFi it shown-ed downloading 1.7.6 which failed. Retried and it now says 1.8.0 also failed. Back to bricked RC??
2017-3-3
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

fans726e8dda Posted at 2017-3-3 12:06
Thanks Donnie, I spent 3 hours trying to update new RC for my Inspire 1 Pro and this worked!! However, Go App says it needs updating. While hooked to WiFi it shown-ed downloading 1.7.6 which failed. Retried and it now says 1.8.0 also failed. Back to bricked RC??

Try to rollback  the FW , link  below ...Are you flying Inspire 1 ?  Make sure you have a solid wi fi connection to the go app when trying this .
How can you get to 1.8 on the RC ? the latest for the Inspire is 1.7.60  .......You have me a bit confused ....You do have the Inspire 1 corrrect ???
Is the new RC going to be used as a slave  or is this a new system ???
Also please tell me you are already updated on the Aircraft,  ( if so what version are you on ?) You always want to update the AC first or it can open a huge can of worms ......I mean Yuge !!!
****Where did youge this RC... are you sure it is for the Inspire .......are you sure you did not get one for Phantom ????????  or something else .

donnie

2017-3-3
Use props
techguy92
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3626631 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, I searched several hours for this and the 1.3 file you posted was all I needed. After that, upgrade from the Go App as usual. Easy peasy.  Thanks so much Donnie!  I don't understand why this isn't available from DJI themselves anymore. :-(
2017-9-8
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

techguy92 Posted at 2017-9-8 21:41
Wow, I searched several hours for this and the 1.3 file you posted was all I needed. After that, upgrade from the Go App as usual. Easy peasy.  Thanks so much Donnie!  I don't understand why this isn't available from DJI themselves anymore. :-(

Glad I could Help !

donnie
2017-9-9
Use props
d_adam
lvl.2
Poland

Hi
I have a problem with Phantom 4 remote Controller
Can I use same file to make update ?
Or is any other way to back to work properly ?

My controller can’t connect to app.
Connection with drone is OK. Please help
2017-10-5
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

d_adam Posted at 2017-10-5 10:02
Hi
I have a problem with Phantom 4 remote Controller
Can I use same file to make update ?

Does the Go app device say "disconnected" or "aircraft disconnected"? ( the top ribbon on the go app device )

Have you tried a different cable from the Go app device to the RC transmitter .

You may have a failed HDMI/USB port on the back of the RC transmitter, cost around 100 isa dollars to replace.  Let me know the warning .

Are you using the correct app for the Phantnom as well ?  May wish to delete and re install it.
The file for updating  is NOT the problem on your RC and updating it via my files wont help you .  I need to know if its say "DISCONNECTED" OR "AIRCRAFT DISCONECTED" ......BIG difference .

donnie
2017-10-6
Use props
d_adam
lvl.2
Poland

Hi,
App works before updating. I linked new RC to Phantom, but the app connected and disconnected from aircraft all the time and there was information about needed update the RC. I updated it and now it works with aircraft without problems (gimbal, motors work, but I didnt try to fly without app). Unfortunatelly now I can not connect to app via my phone. There is "DISCONNECTED". Tottaly no reaction after connect cable.
I tried reinstall app, tried different cable, tried different phone. Before, RC charged my phone after connecting (iPhone), now it does not charge. Only phone with Android is charging when connected but still no communication with app.

2017-10-7
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

d_adam Posted at 2017-10-7 04:05
Hi,
App works before updating. I linked new RC to Phantom, but the app connected and disconnected from aircraft all the time and there was information about needed update the RC. I updated it and now it works with aircraft without problems (gimbal, motors work, but I didnt try to fly without app). Unfortunatelly now I can not connect to app via my phone. There is "DISCONNECTED". Tottaly no reaction after connect cable.
I tried reinstall app, tried different cable, tried different phone. Before, RC charged my phone after connecting (iPhone), now it does not charge. Only phone with Android is charging when connected but still no communication with app.

You have a bad HDMi/USB module on the Back of the RC in my opinion.  You did try other cables that are of good quality Issue so that is the ONLY thing left it could be .  It is a fairly simple replacement and you only need to replace the back cover , NOT the whole board.  You will see what it looks like when you remove the old one or receive the New one.  

donnie
2017-10-7
Use props
d_adam
lvl.2
Poland

It's possible, but why after update?
I will try with other module. Thanks
2017-10-7
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

d_adam Posted at 2017-10-7 04:31
It's possible, but why after update?
I will try with other module. Thanks

I am not sure why after the update.  You are using the correct App correct ?  make sure it is for the Phantom  and not say the Inspire 2 .
You will need a T6 torx to remove the module cover .   Be sure not to twist or slide the cover of.  Just pull it straight off the back of the RC tranmistter.  That is the part that fails 99% of the time .  You dont normally need to get into the 3 flat ribbon cables  of the electronics below the cover.  Just need the USB portion of the Module .  Be sure when you put it back togethere that you line up the molex connection first then frmly push the cover back on .  

I am almost 100% positive that is the problem If  you are using  the correct app and you tried other QUALITY  cables .  

donnie

2017-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules