RC update via Thumb drive for version RC 1.2 OR Blue Light onRC
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hentaimo
New

Belgium

Ok i might need help on this one, I did everything you wrote but my RC shut off mid( i guess) updating
2016-4-14
Use props
Hentaimo
New

Belgium

Bumping all day long
2016-4-14
Use props
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49646 ft

okay so my rc will not take the update. I did not have the TX on but upon turning on the RC. I have a solid red light on the RC and no .txt file on usb. my rc is on 1.02.0.17 and need to update to 1.05 or 1.08
can anyone help me with this?
2016-4-14
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

tvmcdaniels@gma Posted at 2016-4-15 04:03
okay so my rc will not take the update. I did not have the TX on but upon turning on the RC. I have  ...

tvmcdaniels,

Unfortunately, back at firmware 1.2.0.17, everything was upgraded manually using a usb stick, even the RC. It wasn't until 1.3.20 that the RC was changed to updating by the GO App.

That's why the old v1.3.20 is still on the downloads page -> Download the v1.3.20 firmware here.

So download the v1.3.20 and perform a manual upgrade of you RC. Similar to the aircraft, turn everything off. Put only the bin file on a usb stick and insert the v1.3.20 bin file on the usb stick into the USB port on the RC. Turn on only the RC, and after about 45 seconds, it will upgrade.

After this upgrade ALL further upgrades will be via the GO App.....
2016-4-17
Use props
ggranvik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1055610 ft

Hello,

Is there a BIN file available that can downgrade my controller to the the previous version as well?

Reason I ask is that I have a Phantom 3 Adv which I crashed, and ripped off and damaged the gimbal and camera. I ordered a new camera, but discovered that the camera contact on the OFDM card was damaged as well. Since a new OFDM card is extremly expensive, I returned the camera and decided to buy a new drone (about the same price as a new camera and the mentioned card...), and use the crashed one as a training drone.

The P3 flew perfectly fine with the gimbal & camera removed - until I was stupid enough to update the remote control FW to version 1.6 through the Go app. Now, I am told in the Go app that the aircraft firmware is inconsistent, and the P3 refuses to fly! (even though I have a green light on the remote).  And without the gimbal unit, there seems to be no way to update the drone....

PS. I tried the BIN file available here, and it seemed to work, but I guess I only got the same RC FW version as I already have.
2016-4-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

ggranvik Posted at 2016-4-18 04:42
Hello,

Is there a BIN file available that can downgrade my controller to the the previous version a ...

So do you want version 1.58?  that is the previous version of 1.6.  This  will only work on the RC Transmitter .

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/RC/C1_FW_V01.05.0080.bin
2016-4-18
Use props
ggranvik
lvl.3

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-18 21:40
So do you want version 1.58?  that is the previous version of 1.6.  This  will only work on the RC  ...

Thanks a lot, I'll try that!

Regards Geir
2016-4-18
Use props
RocketBrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9681073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did the RC upgrade to 1.6, and it seemed to go well. iPad Mini 4 on iOS 9.3.1

After powering up the RC later, it showed Upgrade Required again. I clicked through to install, and it started but this time the screen showed Current version: Unknowm, Upgrade Version 1.6.0

After beeping for at least 30 minutes, I came back to the Go screen which no longer showed the upgrading dialog.

So I powered down the RC, and now when powered up, it shows the red LED for about 15 seconds then it starts flashing and the RC beeps. The Go app shows "Remote controller connected, please connect your aircraft.", but of course the RC does not connect to anything because it is too busy beeping!

I have tried reinstalling the Go app, but the RC does not seem to acknowledge it.

Is there a way to reset the RC to a state that it will take a firmware upgrade again?

I have tried powering the RC on with the USB drive plugged in and the C1_FW_V01.06.0000.bin file as the only thing in the root. After beeping for a while, the beeping slows, then eventually stops when the RC shuts itself off. No change when powered back on. There is no success or any other file on the USB drive.
2016-4-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

RocketBrew Posted at 2016-4-19 01:18
I did the RC upgrade to 1.6, and it seemed to go well. iPad Mini 4 on iOS 9.3.1

After powering up t ...

Ok,  what do you have loaded on the Aircraft ?   Make sure they match in terms of updates  for example : 1.6 RC must be with 1.8 on the AC   OR    AC 1.7  Must be with 1.58 RC.  If these do not match the system WILL NOT WORK  

After an upgrade be sure to re-boot and  look on the GO app, if is says there that you have the current update Version Loaded, dis-regard any warnings, they will go away usually after the next flight that gets synced with dji servers.  ( My experience anyway )

You may need to do a simple re link of the RC to the Transmitter.  First make sure you have ( If you can ) 1.8 loaded on the Aircraft and then 1.6 on the RC  .

If the RC is beeping and you have a Solid red light , that indicates No link to aircraft.  Go into the go app  and under remote control settings  at bottom  open " Link remote control "  Make sure oyu know where the Red reset button is on the aircraft first.  Only do this if you are currrent on the Firmwware as well.  That is 1.6 on RC  and 1.8 on Aircraft.   OR  1.7 on AC  and 1.58 on the RC.  You cannot re link unless the Matching Versions for the AC and RC are current.

If you really MUST reset the RC you can  ( I would try the above first) 2 ways, with a solid wi fi internet link turn on the RC and go app , now  before go app opens there is just a picture of  your aircraft, in the top right hand corner is a graduation cap, once again make sure you are near the wi-fi  for a good solid connection.  Hold in the Grad cap for about 10 seconds and let go .  it will then show you your current  RC  version FW and you can rollback and then re-install if you wish.

Or with RC off Press the C1 C2 button on the back of RC, the Red record button top left of RC and the Iso wheel top right of RC (   The wheel you press down, you will feel a detente click )  with all 4 pressed down HARD now turn on the RC  and continue to hold for 5 seconds, now let go.  You have just done a Manual re- set. ( to 1.3 , depends how old the RC is  and what the Reset version is set to )  You must then re-load 1.6 or whatever version you like via GO app or my 1.6 file.

Hope this helps-  Also many people have had problems wit 9.3.1 if you did the update to the Apple device AFTER you loaded the Go App.  Some have found if they wipe the Apple device and re load 9.3.1 through I tunes that it helps with problems.  

I have 9.3.1 on My I pad and loaded the Go app via Auto updates before I loaded the Go app and I have no trouble.

good luck - donnie  
2016-4-19
Use props
RocketBrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9681073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-19 08:29
Ok,  what do you have loaded on the Aircraft ?   Make sure they match in terms of updates  for exam ...

The first step of all was upgrading the AC to 1.8.
Then I updated the iPad to 9.3.1, rebooted the iPad, then installed the Go update. But I don't think that was my problem. I also uninstalled the Go app and reinstalled (but after the failed update bricked the RC - next time I will re-install first rather than upgrading).
The first RC upgrade seemed okay, but after RC power cycle it was still requiring an upgrade. So I did the upgrade a second time.
The result of that was the LED on the RC flashing red with the beeping.
The four-finger salute had no effect, the LED became light blue when powering on that way, then back to the flashing red LED and beeping after a power cycle.
I received a message from DJI Support this morning with basically the instructions you provided for a reset using the graduation cap, which downloaded and installed 1.5.80.
That did the trick to get it the RC operational again.
Then after re-linking the RC and AC, of course I got the message "Firmware Upgrade Required". I followed the prompts which did a very fast upgrade and displayed "RC upgraded to the latest version. V1.6.0, Reboot your RC", so I power cycled the RC.
When I started the GO app again, I got the message "Firmware Upgrade Required" again. So I did it - again. **This is the exact behavior that happened initially that created this mess!**
This time the upgrade took several minutes with the progress bar working as expected, then the RC Upgraded message.
After the power cycle, the firmware actually took, and is now really at V1.6.0.
When I get home tonight I will do an IMU and compass calibration, then a test flight.
2016-4-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

RocketBrew Posted at 2016-4-19 14:38
The first step of all was upgrading the AC to 1.8.
Then I updated the iPad to 9.3.1, rebooted the  ...

Do not keep upgrading !  just check the about app, also I can tell you are not firing up in correct order.

Do it this way ALWAYS
TO FIRE UP SYSTEM
1. Transmitter
2. Aircraft
3 Go App  ( device can be on but go App NOT open)

Powering down
1. Aircraft
2. Transmitter
3. Go app

If you do it this way that FW upgrade wont keep comin up.  DO NOT KEEP UPDATING
After the IMU cal be sure to do the Camera Gimbal calibration, Make sure on a DEAD level surface, check with a level, side to side back to front, shim under the Gear to get it perfect.  Leave the room for about 10 minutes when it starts, the floor vibration can effect it........no shit. Make sure when you start the IMU the GYRO numbers are all 0   That way you know there is no vibration.  I do mine  on a slab of granite .  

Then do a Compass calibration outside as well, keep the RC at least 10 feet back. do it in an open field, do it once and do it right.  Only repeat if a new flying site is over 150 miles away or after a FW update or hard landing.  Make sure you have no Metal on your person, no wrist watch either ,

This will work -

Cheers- donnie

2016-4-19
Use props
ggranvik
lvl.3

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-18 21:40
So do you want version 1.58?  that is the previous version of 1.6.  This  will only work on the RC  ...

Hello again, just to tell how it went, I tried one thing before attempting to downgrade to FW 1.58 on the remote: I got my new P3 Adv, and, knowing that this surely wouldn't have the latest firmware on it, I linked the new remote controller to my old Phantom (which no longer can be updated because of the missing gimbal), and that worked! And after updating the new Phantom, I linked the the old controller to it, which also worked fine.

If anyone should wonder, the clean Phantom 3 Adv flies perfectly fine without the gimbal & camera (in fact better, because of the lesser weight....) ! I don,t get any picture in the Go app of course, but otherwise the app functions normally, and I still have the map, with the bird's position.  It is therefore now commisioned as my training aircraft :-)  (At least until I could obtain a new camera and an OFDM card that won't cost the same as a new drone, as it is now.)
But thanks for the help anyway!  And this thread contains lot's of useful useful tips, which I will save.
2016-4-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

ggranvik Posted at 2016-4-20 02:13
Hello again, just to tell how it went, I tried one thing before attempting to downgrade to FW 1.58  ...

Great, It is always good to have a training aircraft as well.  Glad you are up and running

donnie
2016-4-20
Use props
matrix_81_200
New

United Kingdom

Hi Guys, sorry for jumping on this thread.. i have a P3Pro RC that was being 'updated' through the Assistant app, but now all i get is the 3 white lights and one flashing... every USB FW i tried, just gives the following error

==========1970.01.01 00:00:13==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin,
Result: Error
Failed to obatin firmware version. Power cycle the remote controller to upgrade the firmware again.

And updating in the 'app' tells me i need to do USB...

Help is gratefully received.
2016-4-29
Use props
matrix_81_200
New

United Kingdom

OK, so managed to 'play' with different button combos (after DJI support told me the whole drone and RC had to go off to be repaired), and found a FORCE update (or maybe its a full reset, not sure) but whatever it is, it made it work after everything else had failed (multiple difference FW's from various places, including the GS FW 'fix' for the inspire remote).

1. Put a FW on a usb stick (in my case i used the 1.3.2)
2. Put USB stick in the USB socket on the RC
3. Hold in the C1, C2, 'start/stop'(record) and the 'shutter' buttons before powering on the RC. While holding these buttons in, double press the power button to turn on the RC.
4. The 'status' light on the RC with turn RED, and then start beeping, let go of all the buttons, and leave the RC to update its self (depending on what FW you are using, will depend on how long this takes).
5. wait for the 'status' light to turn green, and power down RC.
6. remove USB stick

Now your good to go, and running the FW that was on the USB stick (again, in my case, and i have only tested with, version 1.3.2)

Hope this helps someone out there...
2016-4-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

matrix_81_200 Posted at 2016-4-29 07:46
OK, so managed to 'play' with different button combos (after DJI support told me the whole drone and ...

What are you flying? Is it a Phantom 3 pro ?  Why are you so far back on the updates ?
When you press the four buttons and then turn on the RC, you are resetting it back to the original FW on the Aircraft.  Quite often this is 1.3

I am glad you have it up and running.  
Were you using the same FW as before when you were getting the failure?  or was this a diffent one you used with the 4 button press and turning on the RC.  Just wondeing, thanks .

I am going to give you my tips page, I hope it help's you.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html
Please be sure to reply to ME so I know there is a message for me, thanks.  

donnie

2016-4-29
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Great tutorial here's a bump
2016-4-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-4-30 01:22
Great tutorial  here's a bump

Thanks,  I appreciate the Bump

donnie
2016-4-30
Use props
evandro.dr
New

Hi I'm jumping in this tutorial right know. I've got a serius issue with my brand new P4 that I described here (http://forum.dji.com/thread-52947-1-1.html)

Resuming: No signal, Abnormal Error, Aircraft encoder Error. I'm not sure it is a RC problem, but might be releted to upgrade issues. I have full control from RC, even can start the engines and input comands that I can check is responding fine. Flash green lights, but No signal and no image. Do you guys think is a good idea trying to upgrade my RC with this 1.6 bin file? Since I Cannot fly like this don't rest me any other options once I've been trying some many times downgrade and upgrading.

Is this procedure compatible with P4? Thank you all guys in advanced, I'm seeing a lot of people trying to help.
2016-5-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

evandro.dr Posted at 2016-5-18 14:36
Hi I'm jumping in this tutorial right know. I've got a serius issue with my brand new P4 that I desc ...

NO, do not use this file, I dont hink it will help you, why dont you contact DJI technical support ??

As far as I know, all updates are done via the wireless internet on the P4.

Sorry , I just dont know enough about the p4 to help you.  Find the Moderator to this thread and ask them to help you.

So you say you can fly and control the aircraft , you just cant see the video , is this correct, make sure the device you are using is compatible.  
Try an I pad, be sure you have a good cable between the Device and the RC.

good Luck-  donnie

2016-5-18
Use props
laurieparsons19
New

United Kingdom

Hi there,

I'm having the light blue light problem on my Phantom 3 Professional RC (GL300B). I'll explain all the steps that happened before that lead to this stage in the hope that it will help diagnose what is wrong:

Last week, I updated the AC with the downloaded FW 1.8. It went fine and the update was successful. Then using the DJI Go app, I updated the RC firmware to 1.6 which seemed to go OK as well. However, I was having problems with RC signal lost. I could see the camera view and move the gimbal with the wheel and slightly with the left joystick but could not fly the phantom - seems to be a common issue with this FW update.

I looked online for some solutions and found one that said to rollback the firmware by holding down the academy button in the DJI Go app (also suggested above). I tried this but was not able to select a FW option from the dropdown - it just said 'none'. Another post suggested using the DJI Assistant 2 and plugging in directly to the my computer (mac)- I tired this and once the firmware had downloaded it failed to update several times - it got to maybe 3 or 4% and then failed. I made sure that it wasn't trying to update and removed the USB from the controller. As soon as this happened, the RC status light turned light blue and stays on constantly.

Now nothing seems to register - it won't connect to the DJI Assistant computer app and does not accept usb sticks (although I think this is because the GL300 B model can only be updated form the app?)

I have tried all the steps above, but the formatted USB stick does not register. I have tried the 'hard reset' which also appears to do nothing.

One thing that is strange is that I downloaded the DJI Go App on another device and when I plug it in to the RC it connects and says to download a FW update (but locks to phantom 4 which i don't even own!). It downloads 1.6 and tries to update but fails every time. BUT the first time it tries to update (after deleting the app and reinstalling) the status light turns blue and it starts beeping as if it is working for 10 seconds and then stops and goes back to the light blue colour. Also, in the downgrade menu (holding academy button) it claims I am able to refresh firmware 1.5.8 but this fails also.

I am pulling my hair out as it's so frustrating!

Here is a video that shows a little of what I am experiencing...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIX THIS PLEASE??!

2016-5-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

laurieparsons19 Posted at 2016-5-19 05:22
Hi there,

I'm having the light blue light problem on my Phantom 3 Professional RC (GL300B). I'll e ...

Laurie Parsons !  Ok, couple of things here.  First off I hate Mac's, If you can  you  use a PC for downloading the Bin files to you aircraft and the RC that would be helpful. ( Or at the very least for formatting, they do not wipe the SD, thumb drives clean )

At the very least format the SD card on the Aircraft  Or PC ( If you dont know how to do ( ON the AC )  this let me know )  and then load the Bin file only to the Aircraft.

I have this problem all the times with  Mac, If you want to stop pulling your hair out follow my avvice and use a PC, If you follow my directions , I will get you out of this Jam.  In the future I will give some advice on how to Use the Mac but for NOW just get to a PC, beg, or borrow a friends, but dont steal, I have a Policy of not helping Thieves .

When you loaded 1.8 to the Aircraft are you sure it was a success ?  Also , you did load the file for the Correct aircraft? Always double check because the file names ( Numbers ) are the same and you must be mindful of this.

Let us assume you have the correct file of 1.8 on the aircraft.  If you have a blue light on the RC then I want you to load my file of 1.6 at the beginning of this thread,  MAKE SURE YOU FORMAT THE THE THUMB DRIVE,  I WOULD PREFER YOU BORROW A FRIENDS PC FOR THIS.  Mac's do not format the SD cards or thumb drives correctly.  Once you have the Thumb drive formatted , load my 1.6 file to the thumb drive and follow my directions to the letter.

When you load the Thumb drive to the  RC make sure it is off, then plug in the drive and then turn the RC on, lit may take a couple of minutes but it will begin.

Once you get that file on the RC, it should be able to communicate with The Aircraft.  

After the file is loaded I want you to turn everything on and take a screen shot of the "About Page "  so that we can see what versions you have loaded on the Phantom 3.  

We can then figure out where you stand.

Also what are you using for the Go app ? Android or I pad ?  I prefer the I pad but just let me know so I can have all the Information.

Please try my suggestion, I will check back later today or sooner  to help you further.

***All of the symptoms indicate to me that you updated the RC to 1.58 and you need to be at 1.6 on the RC, this is because if you load the wrong RC update it will show video but not be able to start the aircraft.

The 1.6 file is only for the RC- do not load any other file to the RC other than the one I am advising .  This 1.6 file would not work on the aircraft , only the RC.

****Also the Go App is going to list the wrong aircraft until you make a proper connection with the RC and aircraft, once you do that , it will know what Aircraft you are using, dont worry about that for now.   You also did ther Hard re-set, so the RC has no idea what it is supposed to be working with.  

In the future,not now , read my tips page.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donnie

2016-5-19
Use props
laurieparsons19
New

United Kingdom

Hi Donnie,

thanks for getting back so quickly! I'll take my controller to work tomorrow where I can use a PC to format a thumb drive and put the bin file on from there. I'll get back to you with the results. Just to confirm - this is the bin file I will be putting on the USB stick? https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _FW_V01.06.0000.bin

I'm sure that the aircraft successfully completed the update as I checked the .txt file after upgrading and it said success. It was definitely for the Phantom 3 Professional - I remember double checking.
The device I'm using is an ipad mini 2. Hopefully we can fix this!
2016-5-19
Use props
laurieparsons19
New

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-19 13:37
Laurie Parsons !  Ok, couple of things here.  First off I hate Mac's, If you can  you  use a PC  ...

Hi Donnie,

I formatted the card on my PC at work - (FAT32) and uploaded just the bin file to the root directory. I followed your instructions exactly but nothing is changing. The thumb drive has been in the back of the RC for 20 minutes with nothing updating.

Is it possible that the thumb drive is not being read because it is the GL 300B model? I read on other another thread that it's not possible to update the firmware on these models using USB after 1.3.
I turned off the RC and removed the USB. Uninstalled and reinstaled DJI Go and connected the RC. I was able to get into the camera view. Here is a screenshot of the about page.
Note: The status light is still a light blue on constant. The status says disconnected and there is no firmware update available from the pulldown menu at the top.

screenshot.PNG
2016-5-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

laurieparsons19 Posted at 2016-5-20 03:59
Hi Donnie,

I formatted the card on my PC at work - (FAT32) and uploaded just the bin file to the r ...

It really should work.  You say you have a blue light on the RC transmitter correct ?  
Can you try another thumb drive ?  I have this file working for Loads of Members ......
The file is a simple drag and drop, it is a Bin file already so dont need to open or anything ....

And yes you have the correct file.

Did you do the Hard reset to the Transmitter     4 finger hold and then turn on transmitter ? dont have to just wondering.....

Let Me know-

donnie

2016-5-20
Use props
laurieparsons19
New

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-20 10:55
It really should work.  You say you have a blue light on the RC transmitter correct ?  
Can you try ...

I've tried 2 different thumb drives in the back of it. Neither with an success. The blue light on the transmitter is a light blue - not the same blue as when it is updating (much darker).

The bin file is in the root folder and there are no other files on the drive.

Yes I did the hard reset on the controller.
I have just got off chat with DJI support who tried a few different fixes but eventually said that it needs to be sent in for repair   {:4_142:}
2016-5-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

laurieparsons19 Posted at 2016-5-20 05:05
I've tried 2 different thumb drives in the back of it. Neither with an success. The blue light on t ...

No, I dont like that option. ( To send it in )   I THINK YOU ARE LOADING THE WRONG FILE , USE THE ONE I HAVE POSTED HERE AND USE IT, NO OTHERS, NO EXCEPTIONS, THIS WILL WORK !!  I have other suggestions here but after trying to download the file from post  #62 I realized that your  file is faulty, where did you get it ?  was it from the DJI downloads  page  ?  the file I have is ONLY for the  transmitter  (It is a C1 file....Means transmitter only )

Make sure  you donwload the 1.6 file that I provide on a PC and not a MAC as well ?  

Also Inspect the USB port on the Back of the RC, do you see any damage ?

My file will work with all 3 versions a- b -and c .  They are just saying that after 1.3 you dont have to use the thumb drive method.

When you try to load 1.6 the standard way using wireless Internet and the Go App Nothing shows up correct ?  Can you try that again as well.

The only thing I can think of is a damaged USB port on the RC,  Try to give it a bit of a wiggle the next time you are loading the RC with a thumb drive .

You dont  happen to own a second transmitter do you ?   also , have you updated in the past ?

sorry for the 20 questions but I need the Info.

Are you downloading this file here ?  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _FW_V01.06.0000.bin

The file you gave me in post  # 62  above post is faulty .... Use this file above !!

donnie  

Also, as an option, you could rollback the Aircraft to 1.7 and it will then work if you need the aircraft for an upcoming event.  Let's give it a go updating to 1.6 first, I dont give in that easy .....

Like I say the only thing that has me concerned is a damaged USB port on the Transmitter, this would explain why it is not updating via the wireless internet and the go app and with my 1.6 file as well.  

Make sure your file looks like this, I have downloaded it tons of times so mine has a 10 after it.  You simply drag and drop this file , it is a Bin file already.  It is a transmitter only file  !  When you download it it should read C1_FW_V01.06.000...bin

The C1 is for transmitter only !
donnie

1.06 bin.PNG
2016-5-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

laurieparsons19 Posted at 2016-5-20 05:05
I've tried 2 different thumb drives in the back of it. Neither with an success. The blue light on t ...

Maybe this weekend you can try some of my suggestions, if you have time.  The only other thing is a Defective USB port on the RC.

Keep me Posted, sorry for the long winded responses.

Donnie
2016-5-21
Use props
laurieparsons19
New

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-20 13:38
No, I dont like that option. ( To send it in )   I THINK YOU ARE LOADING THE WRONG FILE , USE THE O ...

Hi Donnie, I don't like the sending in option either!

I downloaded the file originally from your post #1. Downloaded on a PC and transferred to the formatted thumb drive on PC. I've tried it again this morning with the correct file.

I've inspected the USB port and there is no damage that I can see - I don't think it is faulty as when I attach a device (ipad or android) it registers that the RC is connected immediately.

I re downloaded the bin file again from your post above and have put it on a thumb drive - still no response from the transmitter. Unfortunately I don't have a second transmitter and yes I have updated in the past and it was successful.

Below is a video of what happens when I try to update the firmware using DJI Go app AFTER a hard reset. After the video stops it says Update Failed.
(note: once this fails, if I press retry then the blue light does not appear and it doesn't beep - it only works after a hard reset). The status bar says Disconnected with a red background and the about section says Remote Control firmware: Unknown.

2016-5-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

laurieparsons19 Posted at 2016-5-21 06:43
Hi Donnie, I don't like the sending in option either!

I downloaded the file originally from your  ...

I have another idea if you are game, I wonder if you have an old radio that reverts to version 1.2 when you re- set. You can only update via wireless if you are on at least version 1.3.

You dont have the aircraft "ON" when updating do you ? Also can you swipe the screen to get Phantom Pro on the main screen  before pressing the "Camera " blue oval ? ( Looks like it is on Phantom 4- I am not sure if this is critical, but lets try to swipe it to the left or right to get to the P3 pro. I dont know if it will let you without knowing what version it is on, but just try to swipe it  )  
Make sure aircraft is OFF when Updating the RC and try to get the proper page ( Phantom 3 pro ) on the screen as well  before opening.
I would re load the Go app again, takes 5 min.  Then I would be sure to  scroll to your model  using the drop down menu when the models come up, the phantom 4 will come up scroll "down "     get it on the Phantom 3 pro before connecting as well.   I am not sure if this makes a difference but at least try .  Once again do NOT connect to RC until you have the P3Pro on the screen.  
Try the above paragraph  before going to my 1.3 suggestion

How long have you owned you system ?   Do you remeber what version was loaded on the RC when you bought it ?

Here is my Idea, load the file for 1.3 that I will have a link to on the bottom, see if 1.3 will load first , and then try to load 1.6.

I notice that it does not say what version is on the  RC in the video.  Might be worth a shot.

Just load 1.3 on the thumb drive , just like 1.6.

I have heard of some module that gets  corrupted on the "B" model RC , that once corrupted can not be undone without DJI service.  One factor if you must send it in, the turnaround times have been quite quick,I am not wiling to wave the white flag just yet, just letting you know , just in case.  

http://download.dji-innovations. ... _FW_V01.03.0020.bin

donnie

2016-5-21
Use props
laurieparsons19
New

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-21 12:55
I have another idea if you are game, I wonder if you have an old radio that reverts to version 1.2  ...

Hi Donnie,

I'm not able to swipe left or right on the screen to get Phantom 3 Pro. I can select P3 before I connect the device but as soon as the device is connected it jumps and locks to Phantom 4. The aircraft was off when updating, and I've reinstalled the Go App several times throughout these processes.

I was able to try the fixes over the weekend but still nothing is working. The 1.3 file didn't want to load onto the RC.

I fear that the module has got corrupted so I've emailed the support team so will wait to hear back from them to hear their suggestions.
2016-5-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

laurieparsons19 Posted at 2016-5-23 03:28
Hi Donnie,

I'm not able to swipe left or right on the screen to get Phantom 3 Pro. I can select  ...

Well, we gave it a good go,  Sorry .......

If you send in for repair,it will be back soon, make sure they load it with 1.6, so it is ready to go.

cheers from the USA ( we are a crazy lot... )  donnie
2016-5-23
Use props
laurieparsons19
New

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-23 11:11
Well, we gave it a good go,  Sorry .......

If you send in for repair,it will be back soon, make su ...

Thanks for all your help. We really did give it a go!
2016-5-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

laurieparsons19 Posted at 2016-5-23 08:02
Thanks for all your help. We really did give it a go!

The little squirrel in my brain keeps on looking for solutions, poor bugger I am..

Is this what you were referring to earlier.  ?  
Remote controllers whose model type is GL300B can only be updated on your app, however, according to the survey, the updates failed in the following three conditions:

First, The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated.

I do know of one member who did the 4 finger push and then turned on the RC and then Immedialty tried the update, he said it started off slow but then it worked.  If you do this make sure you have access to wireless internet and a strong signal to the I pad .  

If you get bored give it a go...... Or just send it in.....

donnie  ( a glutton for punishment )

2016-5-23
Use props
linelock
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-6 06:04
Donnie, I did a reset on a RC and thought it would take it lower than 1.3 and a firmware on USB wo ...

how did you connect to the device with the thumb drive still in the RC?

This
2016-5-31
Use props
linelock
lvl.1
United States

I never get a blue light on my RC following your instructions to the letter . . . I have a red light on the RC which never changes and eventually starts beeping at me . . . which I assume is warning me that my RC is draining the battery.

Alternatively the button gymnastics just results in a beep, red light and nothing . . . .

Do you happen to know of any website that will buy DJI parts?  Perhaps I could part this thing out and recoup some money
2016-5-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

linelock Posted at 2016-5-31 18:50
I never get a blue light on my RC following your instructions to the letter . . . I have a red light ...

Ok, you will have to start at  the very  beginning.............. a very good place to start........

I do not know of any way to part out your  system other than e bay.

Let me know

donnie
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

linelock Posted at 2016-6-1 07:47
how did you connect to the device with the thumb drive still in the RC?

This

A USB drive attached to the RC is only required if the RC is below 1.4 in firmware. If it is 1.3 or above it updated via the app.
2016-6-1
Use props
mr_wright840
lvl.1

United States

I have a bricked remote that shows a pink/purple led...when I tried this I got nothing...no beeps no sound no flashing lights..didn't sound as if it was doing anything...
any help would be greatly appreciated....as when updating my master remote just stopped connecting so I have 2 remotes and a drone I cant fly...and I just bought it....have not been able to fly it yet....very frustrating
2016-8-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mr_wright840 Posted at 2016-8-24 18:49
I have a bricked remote that shows a pink/purple led...when I tried this I got nothing...no beeps no ...

You tried my 1.7 RC file on a thumb drive and it would not work ?  What happens when you try to update via the Go App ?

wonder if you have a bad USB on the transmitter, seems to happen alot lately.
If you start from the beginning , Maybe I can help.

donnie
2016-8-25
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules