I feel stupid I cant figure out how to post a picture
2016-8-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

mr_wright840 Posted at 2016-8-25 17:07
if we start from beginning ...I bought a inspire 1 rev b drone with 2 remotes.. he told me that one  ...

The RC transmitter and The Aircraft do NOT have the same version of Firmware at this time .  The Aircraft should be at 1.9.... and the RC at 1.7.....

Do you know for sure what update the Aircraft is at ?   The remote more than likely is not updated and therfore  will not work.

IN THE FUTURE NEVER UPDATE THE RC AND THE AIRCRAFT AT THE SAME TIME.  ALWAYS UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT FIRST , SHUT IT DOWN, THEN UPDATE THE RC TRANSMITTER

Go to the General Settings on the Go app and go to the "About "Tab and tell me what version it says you are currently on, turn on the whole system  as well to get an accurate version update.  Or at least just tell me what versions are on your system.
Need to version of the Go App - the aircraft - the RC transmitter - and the camera
I have an idea to update the RC Transmitter as well in my next post below this one

donnie

2016-8-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

If you want to you  can try to update the RC Transmitters with a thumb drive and the USB port of the RC transmitter.
Just make sure you have a clean formatted thumb drive, drag and drop the Bin file right onto the thumb drive and then place the thumb drive in the USB  port of the RC transmitter.

Then turn the RC transmitteer on , it is that simple.  give it some time and it should finish in about 10 min tops.

This is a new file, the other one you may have tried was from an old update  ( I updated that page now as well )  

Here is the file .  Be sure that You are using a PC and Not a MAC for the format of the Thumb drive, this can sometimes cause trouble.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/C1_FW_v01.07.0040.bin

let me know

donnie

2016-8-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mr_wright840 Posted at 2016-8-25 17:10
I feel stupid I cant figure out how to post a picture

You are having all kinds of  trouble ........... Also I updated the original post so it has the 1.7 update for the RC, If you tried this earlier , it was the wrong update, please try again.  I have 2 of these instruction post and forgot to update this one. It is now complete
donnie
2016-8-26
Use props
mr_wright840
lvl.1

United States

ok ...................I downloaded and loaded up you fix inserted in the usb on bricked remote seemed like it did nothing..but left it going..now its beeping...is that an alarm to let you know you left remote on..or does it mean something else ?
2016-8-26
Use props
mr_wright840
lvl.1

United States

seems to be no difference..still pink light
2016-8-26
Use props
mr_wright840
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-26 05:21
The RC transmitter and The Aircraft do NOT have the same version of Firmware at this time .  The Ai ...

its says 2.8.4....everything else says n/a...and the drone is on the 1.9.1.30...think that's it...but its the newest firmware....drone completed the update successfully...the sd card stated update successful....not sure about the remote...im pretty sure that the drone wont link until I find the remote name and connectivity password..both of those boxes are now empty after update.. they had info in them before..
2016-8-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mr_wright840 Posted at 2016-8-26 15:12
its says 2.8.4....everything else says n/a...and the drone is on the 1.9.1.30...think that's it... ...

The problem I think you are having is the Aircraft has updated but the RC Transmitter has not .  

There has to be a compatible match between the RC and the Aircraft.

Please  send me an e - mail ( to my address below )  and I will send you a short video on things I think you may be having trouble with .

For example you cant  see your RC- Slave/ Master  password page .  I want to send you a short video on how to test for this , and make sure the RC or cable is not broken.
Are you flying with an I pad ( Sorry i cant rememeber if you mentioned that )  

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

2016-8-27
Use props
mr_wright840
lvl.1

United States

hey Donnie.. sent you that email...thank you very much,,, sent you a pic of that password page I was telling you about...
2016-8-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mr_wright840 Posted at 2016-8-28 01:33
hey Donnie.. sent you that email...thank you very much,,, sent you a pic of that password page I was ...

Ok, great , I will get back to you later today or Monday at the VERY latest

donnie
2016-8-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mr_wright840 Posted at 2016-8-28 01:33
hey Donnie.. sent you that email...thank you very much,,, sent you a pic of that password page I was ...

Ok, received your e mail, this all points to the RC nbot being updated correctly :  
Ok , if you think   may have " re set "  ( which I think you have done with the symptoms ) the transmitter what i need you to do is this :

We are going to try the thumb drive method again, where we use the Thumb drive and plug the file into the Thumb drive and load it to the  RC Trtansmitter  USB port,( make sure the Aircraft is off.)

This is a two step process :

My thinking is this all comes down to the RC Transmitter.  The first file I want you to load is this one right here :
http://download.dji-innovations. ... _FW_V01.04.0030.bin
Laod this file on a clean formatted Thumb drive and follow the directios at the very beginning of this thread .  ( fomat thumb drive , drag and drop bin file to thumb drive )

If it loads let me know , then we are going to do the same thing again, but this time with another Thumb drive file .  Make sure once agtain to format the thumb drive and erase the prvious data on the thumb drive  ( 1.4 bin file )  

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _FW_V01.06.0000.bin

ALSO , IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO GET AN IPAD AIR OR I PAD PRO ( NOT THE GREAT BIG ONE THAT IS APPROX 12.7 INCHES )   OR AT LEAST SOMETHING THAT IS ON THE APRROPVED LIST , I WOULD FEEL ALOT BETTER ABOUT IT .

Also use the Master RC to do this update , if you started to use the Slave without linking it and going through the corredct link procedure , it will not work .  USE THE ORIGINAL RC MASTER FOR THE ABOVE PROCEDURE.

Lets give this a try , read the first post on this thread for more instructins on how to load via thumb drive.

ALSO READING YOUR E MAIL - ARE YOU USING THE USB PORT ON THE TRANSMITTER, AND THEN PLUGGING THE OTHER END INTO SAMSUNG  (GO APP )

JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT USING THE OTHER PORTS ON THE TRANSMITTER

donnie

2016-8-29
Use props
mr_wright840
lvl.1

United States

what is it supposed to do exactly..its doing nothing ..it did the usual beeping red light for a few seconds to a solid red light with no sounds..
2016-8-29
Use props
mr_wright840
lvl.1

United States

yes I am using the usb  port on the remote.. not the mini usb...
2016-8-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mr_wright840 Posted at 2016-8-29 17:39
yes I am using the usb  port on the remote.. not the mini usb...

Oh boy , I think something is definitely wrong with the RC transmitter, your best option will be to get with DJI and just send it in.

I am sorry you are having such trouble.

donnie
2016-8-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

laurieparsons19 Posted at 2016-5-23 08:02
Thanks for all your help. We really did give it a go!

Can you tell me what the end result was, I am thinking a BAD USB Port on the RC , let me know ....curious

donnie
2016-9-4
Use props
steven
New
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-6 06:35
Ken I tell you I have had at least 4 forum  members now  who have e-mailed me or on other th ...

Hi Donnie,
You surely deserve to travel to Germany, have drinks with the Canadian and then get married in the UK.
As for me, you should be nominated at least to DJI Guy of the Year.
After hours of suffering with my first experience with the Inspire, your procedure worked right away and in a few minutes.
Now it's asking me to update the RC from your 1.6 to 1.7.x; should I try it or better stay like this?
Thank you very much!
Steven (Toronto, CANADA)
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

steven@stevenne Posted at 2016-9-4 19:04
Hi Donnie,
You surely deserve to travel to Germany, have drinks with the Canadian and then get mar ...

Just as long as you have the AirCraft upgraded first , then go to 1.7.  Le me know how this works for you .  1.7 has been the hardest update on the RC for some reason, I dont know why either.  I have some very smart friends working on it though

Thanks for the kind words, glad I could help.

donnie
2016-9-5
Use props
austheywood
lvl.1

United States

Donnie, I read this post and I thought my problems were solved, but sadly my RC is still bricked to the max. I tried the bin file on a formatted thumb drive and a newly formatted mini sd through a card adapter. Left it plugged in the RC more than 10 minutes, but nothing. The light blue light still taunts me.  Here's what happened with mine. My phone was updating the RC, it was more than 50% through when suddenly at 20% battery, the iPhone6 died. I usually never do anything with a phone but was in a pinch trying to get a quick shot and didn't have my iPad with me. Here's the weird part, now the DJI Go app only recognizes the remote as a P4 controller. What can I do? Any attempt to upgrade or downgrade firmware through the app fails right away. Deleting the app and re downloading hasn't helped, and trying to reset the controller as DJI Ken outlined below has also not worked. And my AC is stuck in travel mode. It's driving me crazy. Any words of wisdom brother Donnie?
2016-9-25
Use props
jeffk813
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4688 ft
  • >>>
United States

austheywood@gma Posted at 2016-9-25 14:49
Donnie, I read this post and I thought my problems were solved, but sadly my RC is still bricked to  ...

Just to add more to this, I have the exact same issue. My device randomly disconnected during the update, but the progress bar hadn't moved off zero. Now I'm stuck with the pale blue LED issue and nothing and I mean NOTHING I do will fix it. I've tried all the reset procedures and have left a bin file on a thumbdrive in the RC for over an hour and that damn pale blue light sits there taunting me. Also, like austheywood, my DJI go app sees the RC as a P4 and not a P3 as it should. I can even re-start the update, and get it to switch to a darker blue andd start the incessant beeping, but it will fail in a few minutes, leaving the beeping to continue. And that's the ONLY way I ccan get it to even pretend like it's updating. I took the coward's way out since my P3 is only two days old, and I'm returning it to Amazon and will try another, but it would still be nice to hear some positive news on this. It's kinda scaring me that DJI has not come up with a better and more solid method of firmware update. Why not something as simple as an SD card slot on the RC as well? That method worked beautifully on my aircraft.
2016-9-25
Use props
Focusian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155443 ft
Thailand

My question to Donnie and other guys, please help me.

My remote control of P3A dead after FW update . I meant it definitely dead.... no light, no power on, no LED blinking, no charging.  DJI app alerted me to do so and i followed every steps till it finish and told me to restart remote but it was dead after that.

My question,with no lights or symptom of its alive can i use 4 buttons pressing and press power button on to wake it up ?.   (how to press "power on"? press first and one more then hold like we normally turn on or press once ?.)
The app now show version... 1.5.8, it was 1.6.0 before updating.

I took my drone out for only 2 flights only, want to fly more & more.  Please help, thank you.
2016-9-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Focusian Posted at 2016-9-25 22:54
My question to Donnie and other guys, please help me.

My remote control of P3A dead after FW updat ...

If you have no lights on the RC transmitter even after charging , nothing that  I know of can fix it .
Did this just happen after charging or what ?  I have never heard of a RC transmitter just dying like this, can you tell me exactly what happened ?

good Luck, sorry it is broken

donnie
2016-9-26
Use props
Focusian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155443 ft
Thailand

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-26 20:08
If you have no lights on the RC transmitter even after charging , nothing that  I know of can fix i ...

It was dead after FW update of RC , Donnie.  So sad.  
2016-9-26
Use props
RasterImage
lvl.1
Uruguay

Donnie, you are the AWESOMEST... i had bricked my inspire 1 RC before i managed to take off for the first time even ... it went something like:
* YAY unboxed !
* YAY out of travel mode, x3 on it. Looking nice and mean.
* WHA ? app says there is an update ? ok lets update (famous last words)

1 whole day later ... FINALLY fixed.

I can confirm that the 1.7 fw doesnt work 1.06 is needed to unbrick (at least mine)

so far buying experience not that great ... battery that came in with the inspire DOA (luckily bought a spare with it), and RC "bricked" on the very first update, and NO FIRMWARE I GOT OFF OF DJI FIXED IT (tried every single one on the download section), neither hooked to the Inpire, nor with 3 different USB keys (just in case large ones werent booting properly) I even tried a mico-usb memory key (i have one with both ports) until this fixed it.

Add Uruguay to your standing drink-fo'-free invites .
Cheers
R

2016-12-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

RasterImage Posted at 2016-12-9 10:08
Donnie, you are the AWESOMEST... i had bricked my inspire 1 RC before i managed to take off for the first time even ... it went something like:
* YAY unboxed !
* YAY out of travel mode, x3 on it. Looking nice and mean.

Awesome , so glad to help .  Thanks for for input on 1.7, I will work on a fix for that .

I will add Uruguay to my list !!

donnie
2016-12-9
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4668169 ft
Germany

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-9 20:32
Awesome , so glad to help .  Thanks for for input on 1.7, I will work on a fix for that .

I will add Uruguay to my list !!

Thanks for your help!
Tonight I bricked my P3P GL300B RC by downgrading from v1.8 to v1.6 (for a second time due to transmission issues even with GO App v3.1.1, Android). The four buttom reset did not work for me, but your v1.6 download link with the USB method worked instantly.
So this was a great forum moment for me, as I was already looking for a replacement RC at a cost of 329,- EUR...
BIG THX from Germany!
2016-12-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

vr-pilot Posted at 2016-12-20 17:25
Thanks for your help!
Tonight I bricked my P3P GL300B RC by downgrading from v1.8 to v1.6 (for a second time due to transmission issues even with GO App v3.1.1, Android). The four buttom reset did not work for me, but your v1.6 download link with the USB method worked instantly.
So this was a great forum moment for me, as I was already looking for a replacement RC at a cost of 329,- EUR...

So happy to hear some good news,  Can I come get a Beer from you too when I visit Germany !!

Cheers My Friend, Merry Christmas

donnie
2016-12-21
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4668169 ft
Germany

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-21 14:48
So happy to hear some good news,  Can I come get a Beer from you too when I visit Germany !!

Cheers My Friend, Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!
If you come to Germany you sure can get a beer, but be aware that I live in the northern part of Germany, where the beer is a bit stronger than in the south, e.g. Bavaria. But don't worry, you can get any German beer all across the country...
The weather is very bad right now (storm and rain), so that everybody who got a drone for christmas did not have a fair chance to fly it for the last three days.
DRONE ON!
2016-12-26
Use props
fans7bb086a4
New
Flight distance : 325968 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-5 14:04
Donnie, I did a reset on a RC and thought it would take it lower than 1.3 and a firmware on USB would be required to update to 1.3 then use the app to get to 1.5.8.
BUT, after resetting the RC, the app said RC requires firmware update and downloaded and installed through the app.
I have not played with the RC BIN file as I've been able to fix every RC by the reset (C1,C2,video, camera settings dial) then power up the RC.

I'm working on trying to connect my RC to my bird.... after the latest update.  Day #2 to be honest.  I tried the C1,C2, record button... should I have done that and then turned it on?      I turned on the controller, pressed the C1,C2 and record button at the same time.... it beeped for ever. Then I thought, maybe I need to push the button (red light) on the bird... that stopped the beeping but I still don't have video yet.  UGH..leaving for a Mountain trip in the morning.... and working so hard to resolve this issue.   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2017-6-14
Use props
fans42f5803d
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, I have an inspire pro with duel remote. I think I killed the remote during an update. I used your method and got it back to life from a blue/white light with no noise. Now it bleeps fast with a red light but will not take the latest firmware. Any ideas?
2017-8-14
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

fans42f5803d Posted at 2017-8-14 04:44
Hi Guys, I have an inspire pro with duel remote. I think I killed the remote during an update. I used your method and got it back to life from a blue/white light with no noise. Now it bleeps fast with a red light but will not take the latest firmware. Any ideas?

Do you stilll need help  ? I was on Holiday for a week with limited wi fi access.

dont want to give long answer if not necessary .

Em gal me if you need help

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

donnie
2017-8-20
Use props
alejosbil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112825 ft
  • >>>
Bolivia

Hi Donnie, I need help please, I have a problem with the inspire 1 control update with file C1_FW_V01.06.0000.bin ... but my aircraft has the Inspire 1 Firmware v01.11.01.50 (X3). I have an error linking the inspire with the control, the light flashes between red and green and I can not see the image of the camera.  Video 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Xc/view?usp=sharing  Video 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... kE/view?usp=sharing
2017-9-23
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

alejosbil Posted at 2017-9-23 09:42
Hi Donnie, I need help please, I have a problem with the inspire 1 control update with file C1_FW_V01.06.0000.bin ... but my aircraft has the Inspire 1 Firmware v01.11.01.50 (X3). I have an error linking the inspire with the control, the light flashes between red and green and I can not see the image of the camera.  Video 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ipU9MWzRiYRWd6TUxYOHFXeXc/view?usp=sharing  Video 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ipU9MWzRiYU0hNZDh1NUVRSkE/view?usp=sharing

Have you tried to update the RC with  the Go app and a Wi fi connection ?  You are going too need to to get version 1.7.8 loaded to the RC or IT WILL NOT LINK.  Once you update to 1.7.8 on the Rc you may not have to link, only sometimes .

Be sure to read my tips page and see if it can help you  ( link belwo ) , also I have a video on how to update the AC and RC, be sure to watch the whole thing .  Just remember that after  version 1.3 on the RC transmitter that ALL updates are done via wi fi to the go app and RC.  You only use the Bin file  for versions before 1.3 or if having trouble you can try BUT only up to version 1.6 after that you MUST use the Wi fi to the go app to get to 1.7.8

****do you know what  version of Firmware is on the RC transmitter right NOW ?  If you dont know, here is how to find out the version .

With the Aircraft OFF,  Turn on the RC transmitter and the Go app - go to the  "General Settings" of the Go app and scroll to the bottom and look for the "about " Tab . From here open it up and tell me what version the RC transmitter is on .  Is it on at least 1.3. Or is it on 1.2.  I need to know to better help you .

Just so you know , with the AC and RC Not being on compatible Fw your will NOT be able to see any video  or connect to the AC till we get the Rc updated .

Have you tied updating with my 1.6 file that I have in my original post ?  did you make sure the Bin file was the ONLY item on the Sd card .  You did use my file to correct as this is a special file .  Just thinking if you are having trouble you could update to version 1.6 using my file and then Update to 1.7.8 using the ?Go app and /wi fi connection .  Let me know

Please read My tips page for some very helpful tips as well .  
TIPS FOR UPLOADING FIRMWARE - SD  card updating and RC Transmitter
Belowo video RC Transmitter updating  begin at about the 3:35 time.

2017-9-24
Use props
alejosbil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112825 ft
  • >>>
Bolivia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-24 05:58
Have you tried to update the RC with  the Go app and a Wi fi connection ?  You are going too need to to get version 1.7.8 loaded to the RC or IT WILL NOT LINK.  Once you update to 1.7.8 on the Rc you may not have to link, only sometimes .

Be sure to read my tips page and see if it can help you  ( link belwo ) , also I have a video on how to update the AC and RC, be sure to watch the whole thing .  Just remember that after  version 1.3 on the RC transmitter that ALL updates are done via wi fi to the go app and RC.  You only use the Bin file  for versions before 1.3 or if having trouble you can try BUT only up to version 1.6 after that you MUST use the Wi fi to the go app to get to 1.7.8

Many thanks Donnie, I was able to solve the problem by updating the RC to the last version. Thank you
2017-9-24
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

alejosbil Posted at 2017-9-24 18:17
Many thanks Donnie, I was able to solve the problem by updating the RC to the last version. Thank you

Cool, glad you have it sorted .

donnie
2017-9-25
Use props
djiuser_eBiSoDG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7365 ft
United States

Donnie could you please try to help me out? My p4p rc bricked when I added the hdmi module. I've tried every up date possible except thumbdrive and they all fail. I have 300f rc reads in red aircraft disconnected on upper left of go 4 app.  I put old type module back in now it reads disconnected in app.  I tried to go back to older firmware but it fails. Ray
2017-12-4
Use props
djiuser_eBiSoDG
lvl.1
United States

Rc firmware won't show since I put old module back in but it was something like 04.1.2 or something like that
2017-12-4
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

djiuser_eBiSoDG Posted at 2017-12-4 00:15
Donnie could you please try to help me out? My p4p rc bricked when I added the hdmi module. I've tried every up date possible except thumbdrive and they all fail. I have 300f rc reads in red aircraft disconnected on upper left of go 4 app.  I put old type module back in now it reads disconnected in app.  I tried to go back to older firmware but it fails. Ray

Ok first thing , why did you replace theHDMI module ?  Have you tried to relink the RC and AC back together .  
I am not that familiar anymore with the P4P as i sold mine a while ago .

I just dont know enough about the Phanotm 4 to help you , I wish I could .

donnie
2017-12-4
Use props
djiuser_eBiSoDG
lvl.1
United States

I replaced module because using goggles only allowed me to go 100 ft. With hdmi module I could use my phone go4app and goggles
2017-12-4
Use props
djiuser_eBiSoDG
lvl.1
United States

I did try relink and it seemed to be successful kind of. With green lights on rc and craft
2017-12-4
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

djiuser_eBiSoDG Posted at 2017-12-4 13:25
I did try relink and it seemed to be successful kind of. With green lights on rc and craft

Cool- glad it is working .

donnie
2017-12-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules