456 1 2016-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gcp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2651 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Hey Guys - i have just noticed after i installed the latest firmware for the X5 that the GPS data seems to be relative to sea level not the relative starting point? To get the altitude data i open the files in photoshop > file info. Prior to the last update the altitude data was written into the file relative to the start point. Anyone else have this issue? Am i missing something? I live at around 300 meters above sea level so the data on my files isn't good! Any help would be really appreciated. Cheers
2016-4-1
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

This could signal a change that is well overdue. Given how critical accurate altitude information is to allow for safe operation the ability to provide this information isn't as difficult as many have claimed. The Go app is already accessing maps which it is using and comparing with GPS data. What isn't common knowledge is that maps containing topography or ground height above sea level are readily available. There is no need for any hardware changes only firmware. If the app records the take off or home point and includes the height above sea level then the app can compare the altitude information reported by the aircraft along with the GPS location against the topography information for that latitude and longetude which then provides the altitude above ground.
2016-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules