Is it possible? Record and flyback GPS path?
1349 10 2016-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

I was wondering if anyone might know of a method/app so that I could record a flight path (by flying my Inspire) and then fly that same recorded path at a later date?  Thanks, Nick.

2016-4-2
Use props
AusTex
lvl.1

I believe that the "Black Box" functionality of the Autopilot App can do just that ... (and so much more) ...
2016-4-2
Use props
AusTex
lvl.1

As far as I know - at the moment - Autopilot is only available on IOS ...
2016-4-2
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

AusTex Posted at 2016-4-2 13:43
I believe that the "Black Box" functionality of the Autopilot App can do just that ... (and so much  ...

Thanks for the quick response AusTex!

Looking over Autopilot's web site  and it looks interesting.  To me it would seem I would need to use Black Box to record the flight path and then import that into waypoints.  Although, I do not see that option described in the information provided.  

It does look like you can "Create and share Flight Plans to repeat the same flight multiple times. You can even import a KML file as a Flight Plan."  which would seem to work, but not quite as elegant as recording and saving the flight plan by flying the drone.

Still reading/watching videos.  I need to make sure this does what I am looking for because I would not only have to buy the app but also an IOS device.  If it does what I want though, that would still be worth it to me.

Nick
2016-4-2
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

Ok.... I've looked at the Autopilot app in more depth and I have to say, I'm sold!  This looks like this is going to work like a charm!  You can record the waypoints and the position of the gimbal by the current location of the drone and gimbal.  This along with its many other features seem like a real winner to me!  I cannot wait!
2016-4-2
Use props
AusTex
lvl.1

sshscp@gmail.co Posted at 2016-4-3 06:19
Ok.... I've looked at the Autopilot app in more depth and I have to say, I'm sold!  This looks like  ...

Take your time to watch all of their tutorials and read all of their documentation ... It's a very deep piece of software - and you need to be careful that you understand what it's going to do at all times (and especially how to disengage it in a emergency without thinking) ...  Have fun, fun, fun !!!!
2016-4-2
Use props
AusTex
lvl.1

sshscp@gmail.co Posted at 2016-4-3 06:19
Ok.... I've looked at the Autopilot app in more depth and I have to say, I'm sold!  This looks like  ...

Oh ... and if you're buying an IOS device to run this - may I suggest an iPad mini with the cellular radio so that you can have live maps in the field (presuming that there's cell service where you're flying, of course) ...
2016-4-2
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

AusTex Posted at 2016-4-2 17:31
Oh ... and if you're buying an IOS device to run this - may I suggest an iPad mini with the cellul ...

I was thinking of getting the iPad Mini 4.  Do you think the 16GB version will be good enough?  I likely won't be using it for much more than flying the Inspire.
2016-4-2
Use props
AusTex
lvl.1

sshscp@gmail.co Posted at 2016-4-3 09:07
I was thinking of getting the iPad Mini 4.  Do you think the 16GB version will be good enough?  I  ...

Sure ... the 16GB will be just fine ...
2016-4-2
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

talking about scren size,

is using a phone screen practical for judging shots? (galaxy s7 sized phone) or has anyone tried?
2016-4-2
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

Mike9129 Posted at 2016-4-2 20:21
talking about scren size,

is using a phone screen practical for judging shots? (galaxy s7 sized pho ...

I've have used a Galaxy S6 , which has the same 5.1" screen as the s7.  To me, the screen is way too small for this use.
2016-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules