Osmo Activation
1613 7 2016-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gavinnewman
New

United Kingdom

Followed all the previous threads about how to activate an Osmo but no luck.  Brand new Osmo. Connected to Iphone and the Go App immediately started a firmware upgrade using thehouse WiFi. It then asked me to connect to the Osmo and it appeared to upgrade the Osmo firmware ( took about 10 mins ).  Told me the upgrade was successful but then got into what seems to be well known issue of not activating. Tells me the Activation Failed, Please try again. Invalid Device.  I've tried every combination of doing things, reconnecting the Wifi, even tried two different DJI accounts but still wont activate.  All this time the Osmo has been completely limp and unresponsive.  Sometimes the camera app will open but just shows N/A along the top of the screen.
Going through the forum it seems like this has beena common problem for a while so surely DJI must know what the issue is?  But I cant find any solution posted on this forum or anywhere else.  Need this kit for a shoot starting in 5 days time so need an urgent solution.
Thanks,
gavin

2016-4-2
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, if you can get hold of a android device try activating the Osmo, if not it my have to be sent in for repairs
2016-4-2
Use props
gavinnewman
New

United Kingdom

I'll give it a try although don't see why the device should make much difference?  From what little DJI have given away about these issues it seems this happens when the device has not been given a serial number.  Fortunately in the UK our sales laws are very simple if a new product doesn't work on delivery the supplier has to replace it or refund the money. So certainly don't intend to let DJI have it for a couple of months to 'repair' as most people who seem to have gone down this route still end up with a unit they can't activate when they get it back!
Anyway I'll post here if the Android activation works.
Thanks.
2016-4-2
Use props
gavinnewman
New

United Kingdom

Android activation solved the problem  :-)   Obviously there must be some compatibility issue with the DJI activation and IOS.  As soon as we activated it using a friends Android device and then connected it back to my iPhone it was quite happy and now works as expected on the iPhone.  Thanks to Nigel for the suggestion.
Gavin.
2016-4-3
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

gavinnewman@mac Posted at 2016-4-3 23:42
Android activation solved the problem  :-)   Obviously there must be some compatibility issue with t ...

I had 2 android devices, one with 4.4, and the other with 5.1, same model both only different OS, the activation failed on 5.1, and passed on the 4.4.
2016-4-3
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

gavinnewman@mac Posted at 2016-4-3 23:42
Android activation solved the problem  :-)   Obviously there must be some compatibility issue with t ...

Glad it worked for you DJI should have a separate app for there cameras and another for there flying machines, just a thought. This app requires  a lot of power from your device to operate
2016-4-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thank you all for your suggestions!
2016-4-4
Use props
user1dda5cb5f7
New

Argentina

gavinnewman@mac Posted at 2016-4-3 01:38
I'll give it a try although don't see why the device should make much difference?  From what little  ...

Android 4.4?
2016-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules