Propeller hitting X5 camera plate
1508 12 2016-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116247 ft
United States

For some reason the legs of my Inspire are causing the front left propeller to hit the side of the adaptor plate of the x5. Has anyone ever seen this??
2016-4-2
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2
United States

2016-4-2
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2
United States

?dl=0
2016-4-2
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2
United States

2016-4-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't see anything Fraser?
2016-4-2
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

That should not happen, my sense is the legs are at a diff angle. You could lose your aircraft if the propeller breaks. I'd call DJI
2016-4-2
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2

yea the legs on one side seem to be too straight :/ i dunno how thats happened as i havent used it in like 3 weeks
2016-4-2
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

MyNameIsFrazer Posted at 2016-4-3 12:36
yea the legs on one side seem to be too straight :/ i dunno how thats happened as i havent used it i ...

Frazer... the angle of the legs are adjustable ....
2016-4-2
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2

skycam Posted at 2016-4-3 14:50
Frazer... the angle of the legs are adjustable ....

So yea i havent had to do anything to my inspire since i got it, its always been perfect. Whats the best way to adjust them then?
2016-4-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

MyNameIsFrazer Posted at 2016-4-3 14:17
So yea i havent had to do anything to my inspire since i got it, its always been perfect. Whats th ...

There's a few videos on YouTube, I don't have any links but it involves a little tiny screw that's under a warranty sticker. I wouldn't fly until it's sorted out because it's odd that it was fine and suddenly a prop is hitting? It might have to sent in for repair. For some reason I can't see any of the pictures you posted.
2016-4-3
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

MyNameIsFrazer Posted at 2016-4-4 02:17
So yea i havent had to do anything to my inspire since i got it, its always been perfect. Whats th ...

Its no big deal adjusting the angle of the legs... undo the screw that R&L Aerial mentioned. and slide of the clamp... adjust the angle of the legs to match the other side slide it back on and tighten screw... all done ...( the angle most likely changed as a result of a impact )...
2016-4-3
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

Are you at liberty to reveal what happened to the model when you last used it, Frazer.
Did you have a hard landing, or may have somehow placed excessive weight down on one side of the model.  Are you saying it was perfectly fine the last time you had flown it, but somehow the model is no longer level and sets lower on one side that the other.
Is it possible the propeller is not seated firmly in place on the motor hub, Frazer.  Come on you can tell us, we won't tell DJI.   : )

Seriously, I'm sure this can happen, its just a bit uncommon is all, and maybe something you might rather not want to adjust yourself.
If it had experienced a hard landing or whatever, you may want to have the aircraft checked out completely before flying it again.
2016-4-3
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2

Honestly i didnt land it hard and i definitely didnt crash it. Its just sat in the case with no extra pressure and nothing different to the past 9 months ive owned it :/

its so weird.  

Ill have i better look at it tomorrow and try to get a photo to actually upload.
2016-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules