What happens if you fly near an airport?
1711 19 2016-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
classic2003
lvl.2
Flight distance : 632769 ft
Canada

Just curious to know what can happen if you fly near an airport
2016-4-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well depends where you are I suppose, but ultimately worst case scenario could lead to criminal prosecution if any harm caused by your flight
2016-4-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

'They' will take control of your aircraft and fly off with it, see what happened to my avatar.
2016-4-2
Use props
classic2003
lvl.2
Canada

Woahh that's crazy
2016-4-2
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

When you take off near a NFZ the app will warn you upon take off. You would be responsible for any repercussions - which could include large fines. If you continue to fly into a NFZ, DJI can and will down your craft.
2016-4-2
Use props
classic2003
lvl.2
Canada

Oh and what happens when they down the craft?
2016-4-2
Use props
jim.sandevices
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1146388 ft
United States

Mid to large sized airports are no fly zones and are built into DJI's no fly database.  if you are withing range of one of those I don't believe that you can even start the motors.

You are allowed to fly within 5 miles of smaller airports but you are required to notify the control tower of your flight location, maximum altitude, and duration.  
2016-4-2
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What happens is as I understand it after the warning from the go app the P4 will auto land there was interesting read on here guy lost his P4 when he ignored the warning and it auto landed in the sea
2016-4-3
Use props
CBDusty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13317 ft

My only experience was with my class E airport. It was actually closed for 2 months for runway repairs. I was trying to photograph the college nearby but only flew to about 10' before it landed itself and would not fly again until I left the controlled airspace.
2018-4-21
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would think Canada has the equivalent of Part 107. If you have that, you get a waiver, then provide DJI with the waiver info and they will give you a code to unlock your quad and allow you to fly. Otherwise, it's like the other folks have said, you cannot take off.
2018-4-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

How big is the airport, and is it in a relatively rural area?
2018-4-21
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-2 17:29
'They' will take control of your aircraft and fly off with it, see what happened to my avatar.

This is my favorite post on this forum, ever.

Jeff
2018-4-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-4-21 15:20
This is my favorite post on this forum, ever.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff.
2018-4-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I always wondered about that , Geebax.  Shoulda known.
2018-4-21
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-2 17:29

LOL!!!!!
2018-4-21
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Well depending on what country you live i suppose it could even get shot down.
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_qpccssVVrsiz
New
United States

I have a question.  I'm currently working for a major manufacturing plant.  They have a hanger at a public airfield and are working with a Vendor to purchase drone tracking equipment.  A Manager from the company's Global Security department contacted me and asked if I could fly my P4 near their hanger to verify that the Vendor's equipment actually does what they claim.  The Airfield is a Public airport but used by many businesses in the area.  Our Security team has already obtained permission from the Airport for me to fly the drone.  The only regulations are to not to fly more than 100 yards from the Hanger and to stay below 100ft.  My question is what about DJI - will they allow me to even start my motors and if so how can that be defeated?  Thanks for any help!
2019-4-29
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone taken off you and never allowed to buy one ever again, anywhere in the world and then a massive fine and then imprisonment and then a good kicking for ruining the hobby for the vast majority. Bit harsh but people just don’t take this seriously enough. Hell, most don’t even download and read the full manual.
2019-4-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

djiuser_qpccssVVrsiz Posted at 4-29 08:45
I have a question.  I'm currently working for a major manufacturing plant.  They have a hanger at a public airfield and are working with a Vendor to purchase drone tracking equipment.  A Manager from the company's Global Security department contacted me and asked if I could fly my P4 near their hanger to verify that the Vendor's equipment actually does what they claim.  The Airfield is a Public airport but used by many businesses in the area.  Our Security team has already obtained permission from the Airport for me to fly the drone.  The only regulations are to not to fly more than 100 yards from the Hanger and to stay below 100ft.  My question is what about DJI - will they allow me to even start my motors and if so how can that be defeated?  Thanks for any help!

Look at DJI's geo map to get your probable answer.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

Study the map carefully.  Be sure to choose your correct aircraft before you come to any conclusions.  Be sure you understand the various zones and how they apply to your situation.  See just below the map for descriptions.   

As far as "defeating" the geo system, that's not usually necessary if you follow the correct protocol to getting DJI to unlock.  Study the map.  Come back here if you have problems.  

Good luck
2019-4-29
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

You get to sit on the naughty step and your drone will be put in the cupboard, pocket money might also be restricted for a while and if your really bad, holiday camp with other bad boys.
2019-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules