M100 Beeping in motor arms M2, M3 and M4
7112 25 2016-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin Gould
New

I tried to update my M100 firmware, but at the end of loading it all, I got a message that the update failed.  Now when I turn the battery on, I get a loud beeping out of three of the motor arms, the aircraft status light is off, and the aircraft is not responsive to the RC (but it is linked).  More attempts to update firmware have all failed.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve?  Thanks.  Kevin
2016-4-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Please read this webpage about how to upgrade the firmware of M100.
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... dating_the_Firmware
Is there any abnormal indicator at the same time when the motors beep?
2016-4-5
Use props
m.rizzo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37644 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi DJI-Adela, I Have exactly the same problem after the firmware update. The RC is updatet to the latest version and on the connected iPad i have the image of the X3 gimbal but the aircraft is not responsive to the RC. Even after a long wait when i turn the battery on I get a loud beeping out of the motor arms and the aircraft status light is off. I this a known issue at DJI?
After trying to downgrade the firmware with the X3 gimbal and listening 20 minutes to the sound of the motor beeps the Matrice 100 finaly works again. Even i updatet again to the latest fimware again and everything is ok now and the Matrice works fine.
2016-4-8
Use props
knewton101
New

United States

I'm also having the same issue. I don't have an X3 camera. I have to return the Matrice back to DJI and I just got it today. Great quality control DJI. And I really don't want to see "I'm sorry for your inconvenience " post, I just want thus resolved and for you as a company to get your act together... it called testing. Try it.
2016-4-8
Use props
knewton101
New

Well I have some good news. I ordered the X3 camera adapter for the Matrice 100 on a hunch that updating the firmware that way would act as a bootloader for the drone and force it to repair itself.  And I was right, (no thanks to any support from DJI though). It took about 45 minutes of listening to the motors beeping, but it did finally upgrade the firmware successfully.  The downbside is if you don't have an X3 or I would assume an X5 then you are going to be up a creek. I hope this helps someone
2016-4-11
Use props
Texer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50804 ft

Canada

Hi there,
I hope this helps someone as well.
I have got the same issue. I tried to update the firmware to v.1.3.1.00 using DJI Assistant 2 v.1.0.3. That failed and spit out some error code. After restart the drone was bricked, as it was mentioned before the drone was beeping loud, the aircraft status light was off, and the drone was not responsive to the RC or was not recognised by the DJI Assistant 2 when hooked up to PC.
Luckily I did not uninstall the previous version of the Assistant (DJI N1-Assistant v.3.4.4). It managed to recognize that something is wrong with the firmware and reprogrammed the drone back to some older version which solved the problem. I have to mention that my Matrice 100 does not have camera at all, everything written above is done via microUSB port on-board of the drone.
Also I have to mention that the firmware update from that older version to version v.1.2.0.80 went well, however I could not decode the flight records from the drone anymore since DJI obviously changed the way they store the data.
2016-4-14
Use props
VeikkaG
New

Finland

Hi all,

I had the exact same problem than Texer and I managed to re-install older N1 assistant which fixed the problem. It seems though that I can not upgrade M100 even to v.1.2.0.80. In Assistant it say RC is in failsafe mode...don't really know what that means conserning update. In the end it gives me error message 0306 controller(6) unknow error when begin data transfer [241. Meanwhile RC says Update Radio firmware. Anyway, after that M100 jams and assistant gives shitloads of new warning when trying to update again. To get M100 functional again, I must hook it to old N1 assistant. Problem is, I can not fly since DJI Go app gives me aircraft must be updatet -warning. Has anyone solved the problem?
2016-4-17
Use props
Texer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50804 ft

Canada

Hi VeikkaG,

What is your current configuration?
Mine is as follows:
DJI GO App : Android v2.7.2
DJI N1 Assistant : v3.4.4
Flight Controller Firmware : v2.3.2
Central Board Firmware : v3.0.6
Intelligent Flight Battery Firmware : v3.7.15
ESC Firmware : v1.12.0
Air System Baseband Firmware : v3.0.0
Remote Controller Firmware : v1.6.0
Firmware Update Package : v1.1.0.10+
Camera: N/A
This information is taken from DJI N1 Assistant->Tools and DJI Go App->General Settings->About
In such config I do not have any problems.

I have also tried v1.2.0.80 update with v1.5.0 RC firmware - it was OK as well, except  DatCon (https://datfile.net/) was not able to decode flight records (*.DAT files) from the drone any more.
I have not tried neither of  v1.2.0.80 or  v1.2.0.90  with v1.6.0 RC firmware yet.
And as I mentioned above, v.1.3.1.00 update bricked the drone.
2016-4-19
Use props
daan8
New

Netherlands

Hi Texer,

Could you make the N1 Assisant software available somewhere? I'm having the same issue with the firmware update.
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello, everyone!
Recently, if you encounter the similar upgrade trouble, please follow below methods to fix the problem.
1) Please download the M100Repair.exe in below Dropbox link and try to upgrade your Matrice 100, the result may appear to be failure without the beeping sound. After that, please upgrade the firmware again in the latest N1 Assistant software.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9dqn3dmtc2zyqi/M100Repair.exe?dl=0

2) If above method doesn't work for you, please upgrade the firmware of the MC  firstly in M100 N1 Assistant 3.4.4.exe, and then upgrade again in the latest N1 Assistant software.

If you still have any other problem, please contact me freely.
Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-4-20
Use props
VeikkaG
New

Finland

Hi all!

Thanks for your support. I finally got everything to work. I might have forgotten to mention that I do have Zenmuse X3. When I tried to upgrade firmware again thru that, it finaly worked. Previosly it didn't. So I'm good. Hopefully you will get your drones working again. It's a shitty thing when things break down.
2016-4-21
Use props
hectoraaroncast
New

Mexico

VeikkaG Posted at 2016-4-17 07:24
Hi all,

I had the exact same problem than Texer and I managed to re-install older N1 assistant whic ...

Hello, do you have the N1 Assistant Software? Because i cannot find it.
2016-4-21
Use props
VeikkaG
New

Finland

Yes I do. You can download it from here. I will remove it after few days.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3aibp ... L4Vd42yh_BGzaa?dl=0
2016-4-25
Use props
kentomato
New

I had the same problem while updating. Before it finished had some sort of error and update did not finish. Have the same beeping. When I plug into the usb now I get an error message that says please connect to the controller.  Cannot connect to Matrice 100 with usb with either N 1 or Assistant 2.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

kentomato@aol.c Posted at 2016-4-26 08:14
I had the same problem while updating. Before it finished had some sort of error and update did not  ...

Sorry about the issue!
Please follow the instruction in 10# to fix it.
Hope you'll solve your problem soon.
If you have any other problem, please let me know.
2016-4-25
Use props
kentomato
New

I can't connect with the usb connector .  It will not connect with controller, so it does not connect with the N1 assistant. Getting error message no  contoller connected.
2016-4-26
Use props
dronescan3
New

South Africa

The version of DJI assistant 2 on the website does not correctly update the firmware it did the same thing to our M100, as a temporary fix, you need to go back to N1 Assistant and do the firmware update there (you will see it recognises with firmware "1.0.0.0" on the drone - this is a sure sign of this problem).
Doing the firmware update in N1 assistant will take you back to an older version, at least your  drone will fly.
Then you need to wait a few days dji have released a new version of Assistant 2 which will properly upgrade your M100.

It reboots the drone more times during the firmware update and it went quicker with no errors at the end, and no ESC beeping.
If the drone still has a red status light, rebooted the drone a few times and and go back to the DJI Assistant 2 which now recognises this drone with the latest firmware.

Go to DJI Pilot android app and update it too, then it recognises the dji matrice and it forces a compass calibration ,  then you can take off.
This new version of the software recognises if propellors are not connected.
2016-4-26
Use props
SamNew123
New

United Kingdom

Does anyone have the DJI N1-Assistant software download address? I have the same problem
2017-12-13
Use props
SamNew123
New

United Kingdom

Hello Kevin, how did you solve this problem?
2017-12-13
Use props
fans2ad40808
New

South Korea

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-20 22:50
Hello, everyone!
Recently, if you encounter the similar upgrade trouble, please follow below methods to fix the problem.
1) Please download the M100Repair.exe in below Dropbox link and try to upgrade your Matrice 100, the result may appear to be failure without the beeping sound. After that, please upgrade the firmware again in the latest N1 Assistant software.

Hello, I have the same problem for M100 dronel Firmware update failure and bricked. Could anyone send me the repair software(M100Repair.exe and N1 Assistant 3.4.4 exe)? My E-mail address is conduct1@snu.ac.kr. Thank you.
2018-12-23
Use props
chws
New

United States

Hello, After failure upgrade in DJI Assistant 2, I have the same problem for the M100 model. It bricked and beeping. Can someone send me a recovery program (M100Repair.exe and N1 Assistant 3.4.4 exe)?
My Email Address is carlos_hws@hotmail.com. Thank you.
2019-4-3
Use props
Alex Petersen
New
Flight distance : 103704 ft
United States

chws Posted at 4-3 15:10
Hello, After failure upgrade in DJI Assistant 2, I have the same problem for the M100 model. It bricked and beeping. Can someone send me a recovery program (M100Repair.exe and N1 Assistant 3.4.4 exe)?
My Email Address is . Thank you.

Mine just bricked tonight! Need to get this thing running asap. How/where did you go to fix your issue?
2019-6-18
Use props
panchitopc
New

Argentina

hello i ve a problem with a new m 100 failing update and restart beeping and dont recognized by the assitant 2, the remote is recognized by asistant 2 buut don showme the firmware version it has.
ive read up a file can repair m100 firmware buth cant achieve the file because a dropbox error due to file is not  there.plesed tell me how i can continue.thankyou

2019-10-25
Use props
dinesh29
lvl.1

India

Hello folks, even I also have the same issue M100 got bricked and started beeping after the firmware update failure, kindly share me the dji n1 assistant my mail ID is dineshkumar.et@gmail.com
Or do you have any other solution kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance
2020-11-10
Use props
str_anger
lvl.1

India

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-20 22:50
Hello, everyone!

hi, the mentioned link is not working, can you share me the updated link or mail me the software (mail ID - dineshkumar.et@gmail.com).
2020-11-11
Use props
dinesh29
lvl.1

India

str_anger Posted at 2020-11-11 07:48
hi, the mentioned link is not working, can you share me the updated link or mail me the software (mail ID - ).

Hello guys, Did anyone find the solution to this issue?

Also, if anyone has DJI N1 assistant, can you share it with me???

dineshkumar.et@gmail.com
2021-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules